TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bother with the phones if you are only going to shut them off anyway? It would strike me as unusual, unless somebody else forced them to be turned off. Again, the details are confusing and don't paint a cohesive picture.
If SP was in fact with her phones when they last pinged in Corbin, KY around 5-5:30 a.m., perhaps this was her destination, and she no longer needed a communication device as she was with the party she most communicated with.

On the other hand, I believe she turned off the phones so that she could not be traced and/or her location detected-- and SP may not have ever placed a foot in KY. MOO

You put a lot of thought into this ... and made me think ...
A stranger abduction would NOT have grabbed her phones - period. IMO. So that only leaves 2 scenarios IMO.

And again, as mentioned several times, if someone abducted her they would have to know exactly where both her house and windows were.

I wanted to add to the list of movers, delivery/mail persons, realtors/agents, gardeners/landscapers/friends, etc also the following :

Plumbers
Electricians
Carpet installation
Internet/phoneinstallation
Cable installation
Appliance work
Handymen
Etc etc

Basically anyone and everyone that could have come in the house since they moved there in December. Of course LE would ask about this.

I agree that that part is odd. Here is my speculation and I could be wrong. Kids tend to be higher tech than adults. But adults watch more cold cases, CSI and such things and know cell phones can ping. Kids live by and with their cells and may have no idea within a matter of hours someone would be able to do that...? Ping it...? Or it was an intentional throw-off as to route, etc... Or someone had your chargers but darn it you were taking your phones, all of your contacts, etc. One can find another charger... Just speculation...
Well if you are going to run away and are trying to hide with someone you trust, why wouldn't you get a burner phone and not bring your phones that will be able to be pinged? Kids her age aren't stupid- they know more about these phones and how to hide things from their parents than we could ever imagine. They know about phone pings and GPS trackers.

Did she really think that she could bring her phones and use them? I doubt she was that naive.

Put the clothes in the middle of the sheets, tie it up and throw it over ones back.

Exactly. The most likely imo. Even if a spoiled child, most do not have their own set of luggage in their rooms. lol. When they just moved particularly. Not a knock, I just see it as likely. They just moved. Probably had the children into rooms, etc. but not necessarily all set up. Grab my clothes, throw them on my bed and bundle it up. I HOPE this is right because it would mean she is likely safe.

I'm a teacher and I would never have felt comfortable teaching my kids at home. I'm only proficient in one subject and it would be especially difficult when it comes to middle school and high school when teachers specialize in subjects...Just the way I feel. I know there are many who prefer it though.

Public school can also be a haven of bad influences, bullying, peer pressure. These are some of the reasons I hear for home schooling.
So true, but many MS & HS homeschoolers are really doing online public school from home. Many states even have a graduation requirement to take 1 online academic class plus health/PE (to avoid locker room gender controversy w parents). In my daughter’s HS years, some of her friends took their required online class, preferred it & never went back.

Exactly. The most likely imo. Even if a spoiled child, most do not have their own set of luggage in their rooms. lol. When they just moved particularly. Not a knock, I just see it as likely. They just moved. Probably had the children into rooms, etc. but not necessarily all set up. Grab my clothes, throw them on my bed and bundle it up. I HOPE this is right because it would mean she is likely safe.

Most kids have a backpack though.

Most kids have a backpack though.

So true. But they just moved from what we know. What is needed may be first unpacked. Christmas and holidays and moving. No plan to go to public school from what we know so why would she necessarily have a backpack handy. Also, depending on what happened if a runway and a female, maybe more than a change of clothes that would fit in a backpack? Pack it all and roll it up in the bed sheets?

Just speculation. Not disagreeing.

So true. But they just moved from what we know. What is needed may be first unpacked. Christmas and holidays and moving. No plan to go to public school from what we know so why would she necessarily have a backpack handy. Also, depending on what happened if a runway and a female, maybe more than a change of clothes that would fit in a backpack? Pack it all and roll it up in the bed sheets?

Just speculation. Not disagreeing.
She would stick out like a sore thumb though, walking around a town or a bus station, with a sheet full of clothes tossed over her shoulder like a hobo. That would only work if she was picked up in a private vehicle and taken to a house.

Well if you are going to run away and are trying to hide with someone you trust, why wouldn't you get a burner phone and not bring your phones that will be able to be pinged? Kids her age aren't stupid- they know more about these phones and how to hide things from their parents than we could ever imagine. They know about phone pings and GPS trackers.

Did she really think that she could bring her phones and use them? I doubt she was that naive.
In my experience girls KNOW far more than the BOYS about pings and trackers.
If SP has 4000 Instagram followers per Zecats- I expect she is informed. She appears to be on all the SM sites, so I don’t see parents rules as being the issue.
Which leaves us with the question was her boyfriend a good guy or a bad guy???
I wonder if she left her phone chargers?
But WHY bring phones at all and leave them on until you reach a certain destination? That bothers me ... did they just realize at that point they could be tracked?
It doesn’t seem very well planned out, which could simply be indicative of age.
Did she have any money? Did she take any money? If not, that would say a lot about the person she left with ... imo.

She would stick out like a sore thumb though, walking around a town or a bus station, with a sheet full of clothes tossed over her shoulder like a hobo. That would only work if she was picked up in a private vehicle and taken to a house.

Which fits with my thought. That she was picked up. I agree with you on the bus station, etc. For sure. And it also is a good thing, I hope, no hitchhiking, running from home with bed sheets full of clothes, etc. Agree, totally.

Don’t go down the home schooled hole! The thread will be stopped and you on Timeout!
Thanks for the warning. I did see the post from Tricia and I'm not pursuing anything related to this. My post was a response to a question from another poster and was more about the situation of the siblings and not a negative comment. And my post was before Tricia made the request.

I still would be interested in knowing the ages of the siblings and whether the sister shared a room with Savannah. There may be relevance to her missing status there. JMO

Help me out here. The mother’s words stated on her own FB post are considered rumor?
Rumors and gossip are NOT allowed on WS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook. Do not bring over posts made by family of the victim on their social media.

I
didn't mean to have this sound so abrupt. I copied and pasted it from the etiquette guidelines.

Last edited:
Help me out here. The mother’s words stated on her own FB post are considered rumor?
We can't discuss ANY rumors from Facebook= nada, none! If folks keep bringing up rumors from FB, You Tube and other non MSM sources, they will shut this thread down for the night. We have been warned numerous times by Harmony- let's respect them so we can continue to talk on this thread.

Thanks for the warning. I did see the post from Tricia and I'm not pursuing anything related to this. My post was a response to a question from another poster and was more about the situation of the siblings and not a negative comment. And my post was before Tricia made the request.

I still would be interested in knowing the ages of the siblings and whether the sister shared a room with Savannah. There may be relevance to her missing status there. JMO
Oh apsolutely, who also slept in that room?

Actually, FB is considered social media, and family member media accounts (including parents) are not allowed to be brought over or discussed here. Providing courtesy link to WS "rules" as you inquired. :)

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member