AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up after a weekend with family and friends. Dad seems lost. I can't imagine I would be anything other myself. I feel the longer Summer is missing the more adamant that her father will be that she was abducted, even with it's possible implications. As horrible as that thought is, it's easier to cling to the hope that she may alive somewhere, rather than dead in the forest or a body of water somewhere, subject to predation.

I am glad the family is getting help with dealing with the trauma of this situation. I pray Summer is found soon.

Why is there an amber alert?
No description of a car ,which is important in the criteria of getting one. Maybe they have one but dont want to release that for investigative reasons? This case is different than any other because of this weird amber alert thing.

I think LE is just covering all the bases.

LE has admitted that everything is on the table at this point. They have two different teams working here. The first to search for Summer in the surrounding area on the theory that she may be lost in the woods. IMO LE has pulled out all the stops on this one. TBH I'm not sure I have ever seen such a huge response to a search as I have seen here.

Secondly, they have a team that is working the investigative side. Remember, everything is still on the table. This team is working the nefarious side of things, abduction etc.

Again, LE has it all covered.

Issuing an Amber Alert gives one more layer to the investigation and gets Summer's picture out there in case she is spotted somewhere. I agree, it doesn't match the parameters for an Amber Alert as have no car, no license #, no witness to an abduction etc. Good on LE for pulling out all the stops.

MOO

Their baby girl is missing. They need her at home where she belongs.

May I assure you that I count myself among the many who detest John and Patsy Ramsey. I've read the Grand Jury's True Bills. I know they allowed their precious child to be found in a HellHole in the basement with a chunk of her skull dislodged. Her neck was garroted, tightly, until she could no longer breathe.

We detest those "beauty pageants" and costumes that PR made sure she looked sexy wearing.

We see her 15th Street home not as glamorous or a sign of wealth but one that had to have its address changed due to noterity.

My own DD played as a pitcher on the otherwise boy's baseball team through the summer of eighth grade. Talk to me about getting dirty stains out of uniforms. And, children wearing dirty, sandy, muddy, messy cleats inside the home.

She played soccer and loved being on a field in the middle of January in a drizzling, freezing rain.

After playing tennis tournaments in the hottest, most humid conditions possible on summer afternoons, then she'd have to prepare for another one that same day. I washed, dried and hung sweaty tennis outfits for four solid years.

My home always had dirt and sand tracked in it bc she loved playing volleyball, too. The washing machine and dryer chores kept me hopping.

Those were glorious days.

I choose to believe Summer was having the best days of her life. She enjoyed swinging from a large limb on a shady tree and playing in the rain.

Oh, she could twirl and sing and splash in water puddles until she found herself quickly distracted in another gay pastime.

Summer joyfully decorated flower pots with colorful figurines bc that's our creative Summer Moon.

So, although a link isn't provided, Summer's a tiny dancer wearing her pink tutu when the hell ever she wants to.

Here is the video if anyone would like to view it again. Summer dancing to "My Country Girl."

SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Summer’s Dad asked me to share this video of her. He says she is very loving, always happy, and loves her Barbie dolls.

Anyone unfamiliar with forested areas may not realize that it’s possible to take relatively few steps within the forest and disappear. Especially if you have fallen or become hurt in another way. Even hikers who go off trail sometimes find themselves lost.

We’ve seen instances in our area where hikers took 25 or fewer steps off trail and became completely turned around and unable to get back on the trail. Rescue personnel couldn’t find them (alive) in some cases and in other cases it took days. We seem to be averaging about two rescues a day around here, and thankfully they’ve been successful, but they were all adults who were at least somewhat equipped to deal with an emergency.

This is especially true when there are mountains involved. It’s so much easier for someone to slip and fall and not be able to call out even if they hear rescuers. A child’s voice might not carry very far.

Most hikers have the advantage of cell phones, but Summer certainly didn’t and even if she had there’s no service. And I haven’t heard that there are any trails leading into the forest from her home property.

Did she go into the forest? There’s really no way to be certain she went in that direction, but of course it must be searched as thoroughly as possible.

They are no doubt investigating every aspect of her disappearance, even if we don’t hear about it.

No description of a car ,which is important in the criteria of getting one. Maybe they have one but dont want to release that for investigative reasons? This case is different than any other because of this weird amber alert thing.
I thought a vehicle was a key component of AAs, but TN doesn’t seem to require a vehicle? Just a description of “child, abductor, or vehicle.” Tennessee Missing Alerts & Criteria

Maybe there was the AA simply given her young age (unlikely to be a runaway, for example, and of course runaways are endangered too)? I don’t know.

LE has admitted that everything is on the table at this point. They have two different teams working here. The first to search for Summer in the surrounding area on the theory that she may be lost in the woods. IMO LE has pulled out all the stops on this one. TBH I'm not sure I have ever seen such a huge response to a search as I have seen here.

Secondly, they have a team that is working the investigative side. Remember, everything is still on the table. This team is working the nefarious side of things, abduction etc.

Issuing an Amber Alert gives one more layer to the investigation and gets Summer's picture out there in case she is spotted somewhere. I agree, it doesn't match the parameters for an Amber Alert as have no car, no license #, no witness to an abduction etc. Good on LE for pulling out all the stops.

MOO
bbm
Excellent post.
Thanks for clarifying and refreshing our collective memories, lest we forget what was stated by LE in the beginning of this investigation, @Tealgrove !
LE have not changed from their initial statement after assessing what the situation was, and the msm article also said LE are investigating the circumstances surrounding Summer's vanishing.
MOO.

MOO
I dunno.. I have seen huge battles about the amber alert and this is not how they roll. so something is going on that we have no clue about.

I keep thinking of tiny Noah, located just outside the perimeter of the search area :(. I know the searchers are working their hearts out and sooo much ground has been covered already. But it's always in the back of my mind...maybe if they just go a little further...

Please let today be the day sweet little Summer is found.

This is why I wish the father wouldn't keep saying that he is sure she was taken out of the area. She could absolutely still be in the area.

By thinking that Summer was abducted and taken out of the area, her father might be comforting himself. To think your 5 year old has been out for multiple days and nights in rough terrain has to be a horrifying thought. If you logically think through what that could entail, the suffering a child could be exposed to, maybe the lesser of the two evil is a stranger abduction.

Once they have searched an area, do they typically research the same area? I'm just asking because a child on the go could be anywhere. I'm not sure what the protocol is on searches but just because something or somewhere was searched today does not mean the child couldn't have made their way to that tomorrow? Sorry if that is confusing.

By thinking that Summer was abducted and taken out of the area, her father might be comforting himself. To think your 5 year old has been out for multiple days and nights in rough terrain has to be a horrifying thought. If you logically think through what that could entail, the suffering a child could be exposed to, maybe the lesser of the two evil is a stranger abduction.

I also am thinking he may be focusing on abduction to unconsciously prepare himself for worst case scenario. A human can do more horror than nature in my opinion.

Agree...but my comment was that she may not have been taken far away. (And, of course she may be lost in the area.)

I think people are manipulating the Amber alert system. Remember the Holly Bobo case, her mom said she lied about her age just so there would be an amber alert. Maybe they should create a new alert system for missing children that do not qualify for an Amber alert. People are doing it for the right reason but in the end it takes away the reasons for that specific type alert.

They should also think about not sending the alerts out to cell phones in the middle of the night, I know lots of people that have turned off the alerts on their phones because of them going off at 3am

I think people are manipulating the Amber alert system. Remember the Holly Bobo case, her mom said she lied about her age just so there would be an amber alert. Maybe they should create a new alert system for missing children that do not qualify for an Amber alert. People are doing it for the right reason but in the end it takes away the reasons for that specific type alert.

They should also think about not sending the alerts out to cell phones in the middle of the night, I know lots of people that have turned off the alerts on their phones because of them going off at 3am

Only slightly O/T but if one of mine went missing, I'd want EVERY cell phone going off at 3am. If a missing child isn't worth a few minutes of interrupted sleep, I don't know what is.

jmo

So what are the different options of what could have happened.....

1. She's wandered off and is lost in the woods
2. She was abducted
3. Someone at home did something to her and has covered it up

Any other options?

I'm just not buying that she was abducted, it's just too rural for an opportunistic abduction, even if it was someone watching her, they'd have to been either very 'lucky' or very brazen to get her without anyone noticing.
I'm also not sure the parents did anything in this case, I just don't get that feeling, her Dad is just broken and i've seen a photo of Mom and she looks devastated too.

I really hope they find her really soon. Where are you sweet Summer Moon?

I keep thinking of tiny Noah, located just outside the perimeter of the search area :(. I know the searchers are working their hearts out and sooo much ground has been covered already. But it's always in the back of my mind...maybe if they just go a little further...

Please let today be the day sweet little Summer is found.
I recall Noah's case and the heartbreak and frustration of that outcome :(

May today be the day Summer is found.

So what are the different options of what could have happened.....

1. She's wandered off and is lost in the woods
2. She was abducted
3. Someone at home did something to her and has covered it up

Any other options?

I'm just not buying that she was abducted, it's just too rural for an opportunistic abduction, even if it was someone watching her, they'd have to been either very 'lucky' or very brazen to get her without anyone noticing.
I'm also not sure the parents did anything in this case, I just don't get that feeling, her Dad is just broken and i've seen a photo of Mom and she looks devastated too.

I really hope they find her really soon. Where are you sweet Summer Moon?

I have a hard time with the abduction idea since, we've been told just moments before she went missing, she was outside with her mom and grandmother planting flowers.

Someone willing to kidnap a kid isn't going to do it where the adults are literally right there, outside.

And since they were outside as has been reported, and they didn't see or hear a vehicle then... there wasn't one there.

jmo

I am not that familiar with tiktok. Does anyone know if most people sign up with their real names? Seems a risky or naive to put yourself and your family out there like that. All anyone has to do is dive in a bit on social media and you have most of the information that you would need to physically find someone. I'm not criticizing the mom just making an observation that it would be very easy for someone with ill intentions to have found Summer.
Another point I thought about, seems that their road is mostly local traffic so I am assuming that if anyone were to have driven up in their driveway they would have heard them? Not sure how far off of the actual road their home is or how long their driveway is either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1