AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingsport man offers $25,000 reward for information leading to recovery of Summer Wells

[...]

On Monday the Times news received a letter in the mail from [DG] of Kingsport, which contained a check for $25,000.

“I remain convinced that somebody knows something regarding the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells,” [DG] stated in his letter. “Accordingly I have enclosed a personal check in the amount of $25,000 to be given to the person who provides a tip/information which leads to the discovery/recovery of Summer Wells.”

The “Pay to the order of” line on [DG]'s check was left blank to allow the future recipients name to be entered.

The Times News reported the reward offer to Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson Monday who said he would recruit a rescue agency to manage the reward.

[...]

With everyone focusing on the search and rescue effort, there hadn’t been time to determine how to address potential reward offers as of Monday, Lawson noted.

[...]

I haven't commented on this thread at all really but I've been here since the amber alert blasted through my phone Wednesday morning. Almost a week later and I feel like we have SOOO little confirmed info from anyone! Ive been sitting on my hands waiting for some kind of solid lead or for searchers to find any little scrap of a clue. I have a 4 year old daughter and while I was watching her play, splashing in puddles today, I couldn't get Summers sweet smile off my brain, thinking thats exactly what she should be doing right now.:( Hugging my girl extra close tonight and praying that tomorrow brings answers.

Does anyone remember the Noah Thomas case from Pulaski, Virginia from 2015? He was missing for 4 days before his body was found. LE concluded that he had gotten the lid off of the septic and fell in. The area is a rural area. I am thinking rural areas have lots of old cars, septics, wells. I am praying for Summer.

From what the mother said in the DV report theres no mention of him ever hurting the kids. I grew up in a real rough place and had friends parents who were similar. Its not the best to grow up with but doesn't necessarily mean he has anything to do with summers disappearance. Also I'm sure all these agencies have been VERY thorough with the family. And not to be a bit rude but i doubt this family has the ability to fool that many people.

Does anyone remember the Noah Thomas case from Pulaski, Virginia from 2015? He was missing for 4 days before his body was found. LE concluded that he had gotten the lid off of the septic and fell in. The area is a rural area. I am thinking rural areas have lots of old cars, septics, wells. I am praying for Summer.
I just reviewed the case. LE had to drain the entire tank before Noah's body could be seen.

I thought about old wells and how kids and animals easily fall into them. But I also looked at the available family photos. There's a lot of "emotion" missing in those photos. There's too many unanswered questions. Hopefully they will soon answer the big question of where she is. moo

I had not planned to reveal this but I lost a son in a tragedy. Not this kind. But I know what it is to grieve one's child. I spent the first few weeks in my sister's basement bedroom in the dark staring at a wall and refusing to eat.
They are not going to feel like regular activities. I don't know what I would have done without my sister allowing me to deal with my overwhelming pain. So, I think cooking for the family will prove to be difficult and sad. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about old wells and how kids and animals easily fall into them. But I also looked at the available family photos. There's a lot of "emotion" missing in those photos. There's too many unanswered questions. Hopefully they will soon answer the big question of where she is. moo
theres lots of pictures where the family is happy and theres pictures where they may not look exactly happy. When i got to a certain age i hated smiling for pictures. It made me legitimately uncomfortable. This isn't uncommon. With cases like these there can be many unanswered questions for a bit we just have to wait and see. I wouldn't base a families possible happiness just based on their family photos, some families with happy photos can have much more going on than you think.

From what the mother said in the DV report theres no mention of him ever hurting the kids.

Committing violence against their mother is hurting them, albeit indirectly. And she did say she feared for their safety. In my opinion that incident was unlikely to have been isolated. I just don't believe that this is a happy household.

Committing violence against their mother is hurting them, albeit indirectly. And she did say she feared for their safety. In my opinion that incident was unlikely to have been isolated. I just don't believe that this is a happy household.
It still wouldn't necessarily mean he has anything to do with her disappearance.

i don't know i think strange things happen. also tragedy can befall people. One of the girls who was suspected of being killed by the lisk had her mother murdered by her sister later on. what are the chances of that? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time I heard of the FBI CARD Team was in the Lindsey Baum case. I'm trying to maintain hope Summer can be found alive.
Inside the FBI: Missing Children's Day — FBI
Someone posted earlier today and I looked them up. This sounds like an amazing team and does include Behavioral Analysis. I'm so glad they are involved. The Sheriff has said so little, other than we're following every lead and check your property, I began to question why he had not explored other possibilities.

Would they have called in the CARD team, unless abduction is a possibility?

Moo...

This was in my area. Heartbreaking!!!

I've been concerned about "old" wells. In rural areas, there are unknown wells in some areas, maybe covered with a large rock, 80 or 100+ years ago and no record on the deed. Time and elements erode around the rock, it collapses, leaving a hole that a child could easily slide into and never be found.

From what the mother said in the DV report theres no mention of him ever hurting the kids. I grew up in a real rough place and had friends parents who were similar. Its not the best to grow up with but doesn't necessarily mean he has anything to do with summers disappearance. Also I'm sure all these agencies have been VERY thorough with the family. And not to be a bit rude but i doubt this family has the ability to fool that many people.

BBM

I've found that in DV cases, it is not so much the physical violence, but the threat of violence, walking on eggs shells, scared to upset whomever inflicts the violence. A sideways look is all it can take to frighten the hell out of someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch