AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts from the video:
According to DW, Candus tried to make him jealous. Did she lack or want more attention from her husband?
DW talks about how his daughter would not go to her mother for the first year. He told the reporter that he "never knew why exactly."
DW talks about how Summer was a daddy's girl.

But he’s said he thinks she’s been abducted, why didn’t he take the time to plead for her return?

The reporter mentioned DW, his wife, and the kids as victims. The video seemed to be focused more on the family than Summer. The giggling and laughing in the video were inappropriate. I am sorry; I tried to hold my tongue, but my heart is breaking for this little girl.

I thought he said those things in past tense because it was in reference to her being a baby. I also thought he repeatedly spoke of her in the present tense when talking about how she is now. I guess I was paying more attention at that point and was glad to hear him talking of her in the present.
Yes, that makes sense. Thank you.

It's also possible that someone has awareness on how to confuse search dogs with competing scents. Announcing now that I will never murder someone, because "how to confuse search dogs" is now in my browser history.
My search history will eventually the basis of a charge known as “we don’t know what you did, and we can’t prove anything, but clearly you are up to no good!”

‘One of the hardest things I’ve probably ever done’: Knox County Rescue on search for Summer Wells | WATE 6 On Your Side

[...]

On Tuesday, the TBI said teams had covered 4.6 miles trying to find Wells. Knox County Rescue sent a crew of three to help out in the search.

“Basically our role was to find anything that we could that either led to finding Summer or something that could be evidence to assist that effort in the investigative process,” said Rescue Technician at Knox County Rescue, Mohamed Abbas.

The Knox County team left Friday morning and stayed all day, canvassing miles in rugged terrain.

“It was one of the hardest things I’ve probably ever done,” Abbas said.

“It’s very treacherous and it’s very, the grade in the hills we were in is very steep. There’s no trails, it’s all thick brush. You don’t know what you’re going to come across, you could be walking and fall in a cavern for all you know,” Justin Faulkner, Assistant Chief at Knox County Rescue, said.

[...]

Knox County Rescue says they hope to send crew members back to Hawkins County throughout the end of this week. They say they want to continue to support search efforts as much as they can.

Sorry, I have many pages to catch up on and meant to post these thoughts earlier. It appears from his statements in media interviews, DW is convinced someone grabbed/abducted Summer, human traffickers? threw her in their car and took her out of the area. However, considering LE has stated as recent as their last PC that they’ve checked all cameras and spoke to/interviewed the drivers of vehicles picked up on the various cameras, it’s obvious LE focus is not on abduction but rather, LE focus remains on searching the woods, streams, creeks etc. I’m happily not on Social Media, and not rocket science after following so many heartbreaking missing kids’ cases, as far as I’m concerned, DW statements about Summer being abducted seem contradictory to LE statements and what LE is/has been focused on since day 1. Having said that, I would think a clueless parent of a missing child would follow the professionals, LE’s lead, and find it very curious that DW seems to be focused on abduction when LE clearly doesn’t think that’s what happened to Summer which begs the question, what evidence is DW basing his abduction theory on? Does he know something he hasn’t shared with LE I wonder, or?
Also, have to say that I find it odd that no parent(s) or family spokesperson showing united front with LE at LE Press Conferences. I mean, if the family really believes Summer’s a victim of abduction whether by someone known to her, or not i.e., stranger, then where’s the family, DW, or family spokesperson holding up and/or distributing flyers/posters pleading for whomever has Summer to please not hurt her and let her come home safe to her family?

I have learned from other cases where LE is tight-lipped and not revealing much info or releasing little details about the investigation, it’s not so much what they say, it’s.their actions I’ve learned to pay attention to. Actions speak louder than words and imo, LE’s actions do not show they think little Summer was abducted, and even stated as of their most recent PC, that no one’s been ruled out as POI and that they are still investigating the ‘circumstances” of Summer’s disappearance. Huh? After a week, LE still isn’t clear/still investigating the circumstances of how it came to be that Summer disappeared?! This raises huge red flags and speaks volumes to me, as in, things just really aren’t adding up here.

At any rate, however improbable, I’m still hoping and praying for a miracle and sweet Summer will be located safe soon.

IMHOO

Last edited:
I think the info on the video said he was incarcerated from 2007-2010. He was born in 1986, so he would have been about 21 in 2007. Based on the age of consent, the child involved would have been under 16. Unless I'm reading it wrong.
Yes, I think we should remember that much of our information is coming from DW and LE hasn't verified most of it. Not that I would expect them to, nor am I calling anyone a liar. I just mean that we're hearing from one point of view that may or may not be accurate. For many reasons. Caveat lector. MOO.

I think I can safely say that Mr Wells has never taken a course in public speaking. He doesn't control the narrative and simply answers questions...a reporter's dream interview.

The reporters are definitely taking advantage of that. They goad him on — it’s their job. But they are often heartless and ruthless and don’t care about the people involved as long as they get the story.

Sorry, I have many pages to catch up on and meant to post these thoughts earlier. It appears from his statements in media interviews, DW is convinced someone grabbed/abducted Summer, human traffickers? threw her in a car and took her out of the area. However, considering LE has stated as recent as their last PC that they’ve checked all cameras and spoke to/interviewed the drivers of vehicles picked up on the various cameras, it’s obvious LE focus is not on abduction but rather, LE focus remains on searching the woods, streams, creeks etc. I’m happily not on Social Media, and not rocket science after following so many heartbreaking missing kid’s cases, as far as I’m concerned, DW statements about Summer being abducted seem contradictory to LE statements and what LE is/has been focused on since day 1. Having said that, I would think a clueless parent of a missing child would follow the professionals, LE’s lead, and find it very curious that DW seems to be focused on abduction when LE clearly doesn’t think that’s what happened to Summer. What evidence is DW basing his abduction theory on? Does he know something he hasn’t shared with LE?
I also find it a little odd that no parent(s) or family spokesperson showing united front at LE Press Conferences. If the family really believes Summer’s a victim of abduction by someone known to her or not, then where’s the family, DW, or family spokesperson holding up and/or distributing flyers/posters pleading for whomever has Summer to please not hurt her and let her come home safe to her family?

I have learned from other cases where LE is tight-lipped and not revealing much info or releasing little details about the investigation, it’s not so much what they say, it’s.their actions I’ve learned to pay attention to. Actions speak louder than words and imo, LE’s actions do not show they think little Summer was abducted, and even stated as of their most recent PC, that no one’s been ruled out as POI and that they are still investigating the ‘circumstances” of Summer’s disappearance. Huh? After a week, LE isn’t clear/still investigating the circumstances of how it came to be Summer disappeared. This raises huge red flags and speaks volumes, as in, something isn’t adding up here.

At any rate, however improbable, I’m still hoping and praying for a miracle and sweet Summer is located safe soon.

To play devil's advocate here, it's possible that DW simply can't believe that his child could wander off (it would look bad on his wife's parenting skills in his mind?), and he can't believe a family member or close neighbor could have done something wrong, so...he's left with 'child trafficking'...i.e. the boogeyman talked about in the media.

While we might understand that in reality child traffickers don't wander through rural woods looking for victims, DW may not know that.

I think I can safely say that Mr Wells has never taken a course in public speaking. He doesn't control the narrative and simply answers questions...a reporter's dream interview.

DW appears to be opening the front door for the world to see the family's dirty laundry.
And confirming it is actually, dirty, and offering details. o_O
It's really uncomfortable listening to that interview.
I actually tried twice but had to stop.

I wish someone else would step to to speak for the family. Maybe their pastor?

I wonder if LE hasn't stopped him taking because he's telling the truth and it doesn't matter or if they're just waiting to see what he'll say.

‘One of the hardest things I’ve probably ever done’: Knox County Rescue on search for Summer Wells | WATE 6 On Your Side

I can honestly say that I have never once heard of anyone falling into a cavern. Couldn't even find an example on a google search. But his point about the terrain being dense and steep and treacherous is spot on. I feel for these guys. It's one thing to tackle it for fun and at your own pace. I can't imagine having to do it with the kind of urgency of trying to rescue a missing child. :(

All these interviews and we aren’t hearing any pleas to find Summer. No sense of urgency in his voice. She’s just gone.
Moms so worried what others maybe saying about HER on social media that she can’t do an interview. Ummm delete the accounts.
When does this become about Summer. It seems its all about them.

I don't think I have followed a case where a parent has talked about anything outside of their missing child and had it come to a good end.

Those parents had plenty of criticism as well.

All his talking is trying to redeem reputations vs find his child.

I could understand the defensiveness if his narrative was please just focus on finding Summer. But it's not. I don't have a clue what happened and I can't piece it together, but nothing is feeling right.

I wonder if LE hasn't stopped him taking because he's telling the truth and it doesn't matter or if they're just waiting to see what he'll say.
All can and will be used against you in the court of law. The more you talk the better the chances you will say something you shouldn’t…..if you know what I mean.

I think you nailed it. It's almost always better for LE when people keep talking. The more they say, the more it can be picked apart during interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member