AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I keep going back to is the FBI CARD team is still there (as far as i know).

There are some scenarios you might can imagine that the surely the TBI could handle and if LE really believed that was the case, the FBI would be gone by now. There are some scenarios even the TBI isn't needed for and it would just be the HCSO. I mean HCSO can arrest people. They can also organize searches. But, this case is requiring all these agencies.

This case is so frustrating. Sometimes i feel like even if we knew every second of what everyone (the known people: CB, CH, DW, the boys, H, A) did on 6/15 it still wouldn't help us find SW.

Maybe this is why LE stopped talking to them. People can't tell you what they don't know.

Someone in a city could, however, commission a kidnapping on their behalf to somebody who either had access or was otherwise familiar enough with the layout of the property and the movements of it's inhabitants to easily effect the task.
How would a city slicker even know about Summer and her family and where they lived and how to have her abducted?

I would love if CM could confirm any time at all on the day Summer went missing. For instance, I think they did all go to the swimming hole, IMO, but we really don’t know anything. Seems like any one fact would be a good place to start on that day.

One thing I keep going back to is the FBI CARD team is still there (as far as i know).

There are some scenarios you might can imagine that the surely the TBI could handle and if LE really believed that was the case, the FBI would be gone by now. There are some scenarios even the TBI isn't needed for and it would just be the HCSO. I mean HCSO can arrest people. They can also organize searches. But, this case is requiring all these agencies.

This case is so frustrating. Sometimes i feel like even if we knew every second of what everyone (the known people: CB, CH, DW, the boys, H, A) did on 6/15 it still wouldn't help us find SW.

Maybe this is why LE stopped talking to them. People can't tell you what they don't know.
I was wondering this also. Is it standard procedure in a child abduction case? I looked at a map of where they live… would this case be out of the realm of what local LE would typically do? It seems like TBI would have the background though, IMO.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)

I was wondering this also. Is it standard procedure in a child abduction case? I looked at a map of where they live… would this case be out of the realm of what local LE would typically do? It seems like TBI would have the background though, IMO.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI)

Local LE has to go through TBI to issue an Amber Alert, if memory serves. And, of couse, TBI provides assistance with polygraph examiners, forensics, things like that.

Do you know where the local drug dealers in your town live and what drugs they deal? I don't! IME You can sometimes when certain people are using, but how do you know if they are a dealer? I wouldn't know the first place to go if I wanted to find a drug dealer in my little rural area.

Drug dealers (except the more elite) have people come in and out of the house all hours of the day and night.
Most people that show up don't stay for long periods of time- they are usually in and out in about 10 - 20 minutes if that.
It is pretty typical to have at least one or two fairly noticeable drug dealers in any town.
Count yourself lucky that you don't seem to have that type of element near you.

MOO JMO AMOO

Drugs are and have been rampant in this area for some time:

"Because the county is designated by the Office of National Drug Control Policy as a high-intensity drug trafficking area, Sheriff Ronnie Lawson partnered with the Federal Bureau of Investigation Rocky Top HIDTA Task Force to assist with tackling the drug issues."

Despite three federal cases and dozens of arrests, meth still flowing into Hawkins

DW likely knows of certain "drug houses" around him, as they frequently enter the news. In small communities, word also travels fast. This particular "L" family mentioned in the article below STILL maintains a residence on his street.

Reputed Hawkins County drug kingpin sentenced to 150 months

Beech Creek man threatens HCSO over father's federal case

Below are just some additional, more recent incidents of drugs in their town and in the Beech Creek area. Google will give you multiple news articles.

Four arrested on drug charges in Beech Creek area of Hawkins County | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Three people arrested and around $115,300 worth of heroin, ecstasy and meth found in Hawkins County | wbir.com

There are also several neighboring families who are frequently in the news for their violent tendencies, (most likely all drug related in some fashion).

Hawkins Co. man arrested after allegedly shooting girlfriend’s father in head with BB gun | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Two men injured during shootout in Beech Creek community of Hawkins County

I am NOT pointing fingers at any of these neighbors, just pointing out this may be how DW knows of drug dealers/troubled houses in the area. Between the RSO's and drugs, violence and crime seem to be all around them and frequently in the news.

Just my two cents.
I agree. So, why doesn't he approach them?

As of last weekend, LE was still looking for the red truck. The sheriff was on WCYB and stated they had not yet found it.
snipped by me
Frustration speaking here, so apologies. Is the red truck literally the only lead they have? LE hasn't released ANY information on this case other than this mysterious red truck. Could it be a lead that they put in the public arena for a reason? I know I'm not the only one wondering why LE hasn't shared anything else on this case - not electronic info, just basic timeline data, who/what/where, etc. This is either the most complex and clandestine case ever, or because it's a small town, any details would show their hand. Thoughts?
MOO

Same! I really think it's the time between when the 911 call was made and when LE saw DW and CB. He was driving home and she was driving around to the church and whatnot.
Does anyone know if they attended that specific church before they joined the SDA church?

And does anyone know why they joined another church?

When my granddaughter went missing for like a hour on my daughters farm… I was driving and talking to daughter screaming out the window at the bottom of the 40 acres. So you can talk and scream names hysterically out a car window. She was asleep in the barn with a new foal. I have no problem or doubts C was doing the same.
Oh my!!! I am sure you were so relieved once you found her.

Here is my question:
So, IF Candus did the same and was yelling and screaming and Don says he was on the phone with Candus the whole way back, do you think he just laid his phone on the seat as to not hear her constantly yelling?

I am just curious how that would have worked out.

IMO, JMO....I wouldn't be bothered by holding a conversation with anyone except LE at that point in time.

Oh my!!! I am sure you were so relieved once you found her.

Here is my question:
So, IF Candus did the same and was yelling and screaming and Don says he was on the phone with Candus the whole way back, do you think he just laid his phone on the seat as to not hear her constantly yelling?

I am just curious how that would have worked out.

IMO, JMO....I wouldn't be bothered by holding a conversation with anyone except LE at that point in time.
That is a great point! I hadn’t thought of it that way. Wasn’t she out searching during this time? You’d think she’d be screaming for Summer and asking any and everyone what they may have seen - no time to hold a convo with Don. Plus, it seems she would’ve had to be on WiFi to maintain her connection, meaning she was very close to the house.

Does anyone know if they attended that specific church before they joined the SDA church?

Yes, Don said in one of his interviews that they had attended the Baptist local church, Solomon’s Temple, before going to the SDA which is much further away….
He also said that they had only been attending the SDA for about 12 months…
I have wondered about the change as the theology from Baptist to SDA is very different… IMO

Link -

I do actually. DW said this in an interview with The chers.

"....I'm not trying to put any churches down don't get me wrong there's a lot of good churches but there's a lot of children at this church. And you know usually they're like putting the children I mean children that are at the forefront in this church. And I love that you know, that meant a lot to me......"

Interview With Donald Wells / Part 2

Last edited:
I need to look this up. Does the Subaru have a built in phone? Jmo
As far as I know Subaru doesn't offer a built-in phone. What happens on my Forester is that when I start up the car my iPhone tethers to the car by Bluetooth. Controls, including voice calling and the microphone, are on my steering wheel so I can be totally hands free.

I don't know how it works with FB Messenger though as I've never tried. And I think if I want in-car WiFi I either need to do it through ATT&T or else just use my iPhone as a hotspot as I checked with my cell carrier - Verizon - and currently they only offer it on certain car brands which don't include Subaru.

ETA: Here's the WiFi info from Subaru (from an email so no link):
Your Forester becomes a 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot whenever your vehicle is turned on! You can connect to up to 8 devices, so keeping family & friends connected while on the go has never been easier! Now all your passengers can stay productive at work, play their favorite apps, connect on social media and stream their favorite content on the go. Since your Forester becomes the Wi-Fi Hotspot, you don't need to worry about draining your device's battery to cast a Wi-Fi signal.

Every new vehicle comes with a FREE Wi-Fi trial plan! Activate yours today by logging into MySubaru and subscribing. After your trial is over you have the option to purchase an unlimited monthly plan, add your vehicle as an additional device to your AT&T Mobile Share account (if you're already an AT&T customer) or purchase a set amount of data per month. We're keeping the plans flexible to make your life a little easier and hopefully, your car rides a little less chaotic.

ETA2: So I went to AT&T and for $20 a month I can get unlimited WiFi without having a cell phone account. IOW totally separate. Sorry for all the Edits. :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member