AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, why would CW deny it, then?
I really don’t get it.

That entire day is a he-said, she-said, they-said mess. I have given up any hope of understanding why people in the group can’t get their stories straight — and in some cases try to deny statements from earlier interviews.

I have opinions, but they don’t mean a thing.

moo

Drugs are and have been rampant in this area for some time:

"Because the county is designated by the Office of National Drug Control Policy as a high-intensity drug trafficking area, Sheriff Ronnie Lawson partnered with the Federal Bureau of Investigation Rocky Top HIDTA Task Force to assist with tackling the drug issues."

Despite three federal cases and dozens of arrests, meth still flowing into Hawkins

DW likely knows of certain "drug houses" around him, as they frequently enter the news. In small communities, word also travels fast. This particular "L" family mentioned in the article below STILL maintains a residence on his street.

Reputed Hawkins County drug kingpin sentenced to 150 months

Beech Creek man threatens HCSO over father's federal case

Below are just some additional, more recent incidents of drugs in their town and in the Beech Creek area. Google will give you multiple news articles.

Four arrested on drug charges in Beech Creek area of Hawkins County | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Three people arrested and around $115,300 worth of heroin, ecstasy and meth found in Hawkins County | wbir.com

There are also several neighboring families who are frequently in the news for their violent tendencies, (most likely all drug related in some fashion).

Hawkins Co. man arrested after allegedly shooting girlfriend’s father in head with BB gun | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Two men injured during shootout in Beech Creek community of Hawkins County

I am NOT pointing fingers at any of these neighbors, just pointing out this may be how DW knows of drug dealers/troubled houses in the area. Between the RSO's and drugs, violence and crime seem to be all around them and frequently in the news.

Just my two cents.

When my granddaughter went missing for like a hour on my daughters farm… I was driving and talking to daughter screaming out the window at the bottom of the 40 acres. So you can talk and scream names hysterically out a car window. She was asleep in the barn with a new foal. I have no problem or doubts C was doing the same.

How did the red truck come about?

Well...

6/16 Amber Alert issued.
Sheriff states the FBI is assisting. TBI Leslie stated after the initial search, as they learned more, it lead to the Amber Alert.

6/17 Briefing (no mention by LE of red truck)

6/21 press conference:

TBI's Leslie stated they have followed up on a number of leads to include video from neighbor's surveillance cameras and trail cams. This is also when they mention CARD is now involved and Sheriff Lawson asks for property owners to check their own property, saying that it's easier for owner's to check their own vs sending his deputies.

6/22 LE conducted roadblocks in the area to questions locals passing through

Investigators conduct roadblock in Beech Creek area during search for Summer Wells

6/24 press conference:
It was stated they were still working on identifying everyone in the area on the afternoon Summer went missing.

Also stated the FBI CARD team physically arrived in area the previous weekend, (no date specified, but would be ~June 19/20)

https://youtu.be/7d0YZdbhgy0

6/26 TBI announces they are looking for red truck seen in the area that they have been unable to identify.

AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

TBI looks to talk to pickup truck driver as search continues for Summer Wells

IMO, it seems like the mystery "red truck" that came to question on 6/26 likely came from trail cam/video surveillance that someone turned in from the area.

Do most new cars in the US come with Sat Nav???

They do in Aus… that info can also be downloaded and “the location married up” with the black box info… whether or not you are actually using your GPS…..

Subaru’s of that model come with GPS in Aus ….
I'm researching the new Ford Maverick for a possible purchase and navigation is only available on the Lariat trim level with the Sync3 system. All other trim levels have Apple Carplay and Android Auto which allows the use of Google Maps for navigation with your cell phone. JMO.

GPS locator on the phone is one more thing running that can eat your battery. I usually turn mine off unless I need it and that is rare. But, that is me. I think most people leave it on because most people go more places than i do (i tend to just go places i know).

If DW really does call CB every two hours, he legit might have his turned off to save the battery. However, it seems his job takes him around to houses being built and having it on would probably help him out.

"Because the county is designated by the Office of National Drug Control Policy as a high-intensity drug trafficking area, Sheriff Ronnie Lawson partnered with the Federal Bureau of Investigation Rocky Top HIDTA Task Force to assist with tackling the drug issues."

Despite three federal cases and dozens of arrests, meth still flowing into Hawkins

DW likely knows of certain "drug houses" around him, as they frequently enter the news. In small communities, word also travels fast. This particular "L" family mentioned in the article below STILL maintains a residence on his street.

Below are just some additional, more recent incidents of drugs in their town and in the Beech Creek area. Google will give you multiple news articles.

Four arrested on drug charges in Beech Creek area of Hawkins County | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Three people arrested and around $115,300 worth of heroin, ecstasy and meth found in Hawkins County | wbir.com

There are also several neighboring families who are frequently in the news for their violent tendencies, (most likely all drug related in some fashion).

Hawkins Co. man arrested after allegedly shooting girlfriend’s father in head with BB gun | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I am NOT pointing fingers at any of these neighbors, just pointing out this may be how DW knows of drug dealers/troubled houses in the area. Between the RSO's and drugs, violence and crime seem to be all around them and frequently in the news.

Just my two cents.
Thanks for doing all that work Fred.

I have probably been around too long, But every time Summer Wells is mentioned Abducted I can't help but think about Madeleine McCann. The UK girl who vanished from Portugal

Like in The Maddy Case I don’t think the parents physically harmed their Daughter. What I do think due to lack of parental monitoring and carless thinking. The Child had enough time to walk and wander.

Like the McCann case I feel the parents are putting too much emphasis on their own parenting actions and acceptable parental care and not the possible actions of an inquisitive, livey 4 or 5 year old who could have wandered into the the wrong path of the wrong person at the wrong time because the parents weren't paying attention.

Like Madeleine Mccann I don’t think the parents of Summer Wells physically harmed their Daughter but I do not think they are 100% truthful with the facts leading to Summers disappearance

All in My Personal Opinion Only

Looks like the "black box" records a lot of things except location.

Your Vehicle Black Box: A 'Witness' Against You In Court
I believe the "black box" is what LE pulled from Sherin Mathews' mom's car to determine that someone had indeed driven it the night Sherin disappeared. IIRC it was a 2013 Acura. LE couldn't determine location but by plotting each stop and turn they were able to come up with a maximum distance the driver could have gone that night.

And FWIW, we have a 2020 Forester which came with a free year of Starlink which would allow tracking. I read that pre-certified used Subarus also get a free year. So depending on when and how DW bought his Crosstrek he may have tracking in his car. Otherwise it's $99 a year, which he may be paying for safety reasons anyway as it would provide help in case CB got into an accident, especially with the spotty cell service.

Just my two cents.
I live about 45-60 minutes away, on other end of surrounding county. Hard to believe there's such a difference in so short an area. Anyone on this thread thinking "locals" should be sleuthing - think again! Not me!
This is such a beautiful area with so many opportunities. Abundant outdoor activities with the lakes and mountains, Appalachian trail and so many other trails. Shopping, restaurants, healthcare, such an "artsy" community. I have to think it's who you know, what your priorities are and (forgive me, I know this is an issue of discussion) your education level. I'm be staying in my end of the county and not venturing towards Beech Creek.
Where are you Summer?

<RSBM>

Just my two cents.

From what we have learned, I would argue that SOs, drugs, violence and crime are not just all around them.

<modsnip: No link to info stated as fact>

My FB app on my phone has messenger. It uses my digital phone plan not wifi. I don't have any internet plan or cable or wifi in my home. All my internet use is through my cell service.
I do the same. Why pay for wifi right? Thanks for this post, I didn't want to try to explain it....lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they have wifi, shouldn't any phone be able to call 911? I though CW had to borrow her mom's AT&T phone to call.

I can answer this with an experience.
I was recently at a cabin in northern Wisconsin, at the border of the UP. They had wifi but no phones (4) had reception.

Also - how do we know there was a 45 minute call? I'll keep reading these next couple pages, the answer may be there or I missed it.

The point I was trying to make was the difference between "A" and "THE." It was said that "A" red truck was at the end of the driveway; it was said that "A" red truck was found in a different county; it was said that a neighbor drove "A" red truck. But I don't believe that anyone has said that they know / knew the location of "THE" red truck.

As of last weekend, LE was still looking for the red truck. The sheriff was on WCYB and stated they had not yet found it. Sorry, but I can’t find a link right now. We are at our second home in the mountains of a county near Hawkins and I’m lucky to have internet for a moment.

I believe the "black box" is what LE pulled from Sherin Mathews' mom's car to determine that someone had indeed driven it the night Sherin disappeared. IIRC it was a 2013 Acura. LE couldn't determine location but by plotting each stop and turn they were able to come up with a maximum distance the driver could have gone that night.

And FWIW, we have a 2020 Forester which came with a free year of Starlink which would allow tracking. I read that pre-certified used Subarus also get a free year. So depending on when and how DW bought his Crosstrek he may have tracking in his car. Otherwise it's $99 a year, which he may be paying for safety reasons anyway as it would provide help in case CB got into an accident, especially with the spotty cell service.
Quoting my own message as I double checked and learned that my 2020 Subaru came with a free 3 year Starlink subscription, not one year. We also received a 3 year subscription to Starlink Security Plus. Both allow the car to be located via GPS in an emergency but I don't think it logs trips otherwise.

So if DW bought his Crosstrek new then he may have gotten the same deal.

I wish we had more from CH. I mean, i doubt we will get it and i can understand why.

As far as i know, she had a couple of quotes in the local newspaper... A plea to bring "the baby" home where she called SW "a good baby." A brief description of the search for SW by family (before LE was called or arrived, i am not sure which, but probably the latter). Then she was overheard when CB was carrying the banner saying, "Now i have two."

I know she talked to LE. I hope she is better at keeping up with time than the others.

I have a feeling CH will never come back to Tennessee.

Trying to follow…What makes you think it was someone from a city?
I'm also curious. I don't think a person from the city would be able to sneak around the properties and stalk a child, then grab and disappear with them in 2-3 minutes.... all MOO but I thought the consensus here was that if she was abducted, it would have to be by someone very familiar with the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay