AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The term "landscaping" was used because they were said to be a regular crew that the town "hired".

CW said they were way up by her light poll which means they were well onto the Wells property and well beyond the electric line which normally run along a roads.

What LE is looking for are perps. Perps work 9 to 5, some are business owners. SA's also can be corporate professionals, or tree trimmers. For tree trimmers to go beyond the call of duty which was up the hill, beyond the tree line on the road is significant.
In my hollow, the workers who go all the way up on my property and others. It's like this throughout the county area and in town limits where my father lives.
My fathers neighbor leaves the tree at the end of his drive even though its cut out in the middle and looks just hideous (like a blind Edward Scissorhands tried to do it).
They do it as preventative maintenance. As I don't own the power lines or the poles, I thought that was common and something done each year.
I thought when Candus mentioned it that it was something done everywhere but maybe its not.

Did Don or Candus mention that this has been done in the years past?
I am curious about that.

bbm
This is important, as we only have CBW's word for where they were cutting the trees and went beyond the call of duty.

They may not have gone that close to the house at all.
Maybe CBW misunderstood ?
Easy to do if the tree trimmers worked the exact day that Summer was disappeared.
There was a lot of hurrying and scurrying around the house that day, not to mention the first responders bottlenecking the road.

The power and electric company -- which as another poster clarified that's who hired the trimmers -- have not said that their employees cut trees beyond the tree line and 'beyond the call of duty' .
Will wait for them or LE to clarify.
But that should've happened by now if it was connected, imo.
MOO.
ITA. Tree trimming requires trucks with buckets which would have bottlenecked the road because they would have adhered to safety practices such as closing the traffic lane and also workers wear helmets and safety vests. The noise is also quite loud. I hope LE ruled out any connection months ago. JMO

The term "landscaping" was used because they were said to be a regular crew that the town "hired".

CW said they were way up by her light poll which means they were well onto the Wells property and well beyond the electric line which normally run along a roads.

What LE is looking for are perps. Perps work 9 to 5, some are business owners. SA's also can be corporate professionals, or tree trimmers. For tree trimmers to go beyond the call of duty which was up the hill, beyond the tree line on the road is significant.

If there’s a powerline headed up that hill they may have a legal right of way to control the trees there. They are less likely to fool with a line leading to just one house. Did the lines coming into that pole feed other properties, too?

If they have a right of way, and a damaged line could affect multiple properties, they will often trim as needed. If just one home, they probably would not get involved without cost to the homeowner.

Tennessee could be different than North Carolina, but we have very similar vegetation, just higher elevations.

The power companies here typically contract with independent tree services, and we see crews out on a regular basis, working to help prevent future outages. They have become more aggressive over the last 15 or so years and our outages are a fraction of what they were in the past. Is Tennessee the same? I don’t know but suspect they are on top of it if possible. Maybe a WS member with info about their practices could clarify.

jmo

Maybe this will help Don clear up the issue he has regarding him thinking it was 5:30 and LE saying 6:30.
iirc, DW said he received CW's panicked phone call and he rushed home. DW said he told CW to call 911. He said he made it home from Jonesborough in about 30 minutes. He said he thought he arrived home at 5:30 and LE told him 6:30.

What stumps me is why did they delay making the 911 call until 6:23?

A neighbor hearing screams should and I think would have been front page news with this case! It's always been that she vanished into thin air - "just gone" in "two minutes" after going to the basement. Now there are haunting screams? Haunting screams that later are said to be muffled screams trying to get a breath out? What??

If a neighbor heard screams, perhaps they were the screams you would hear if someone discovered their deceased child.

iirc, DW said he received CW's panicked phone call and he rushed home. DW said he told CW to call 911. He said he made it home from Jonesborough in about 30 minutes. He said he thought he arrived home at 5:30 and LE told him 6:30.

What stumps me is why did they delay making the 911 call until 6:23?
I think last night with the Chers, DW said he got home at 7 now.

I think that you're misinterpreting the meaning of his words. His grammar isn't perfect; he used a double-negative construction, which is common in rural areas (even though it makes those of us with good grammar wince). He should have said that her brothers wouldn't hurt her "for anything," which is what he undoubtedly meant.

Whether her brothers were actually as tolerant as he seems to believe is a separate issue.

I bet a lot of us cause wincing. Lol.

Snipped.
That statement doesn't withstand close scrutiny, in my opinion. The audibility of the scream to any particular person would depend on where the scream came from, what the topography was like, and what other noises were occurring at the same time. If the scream originated at the bottom of the hill near Ben Hill Road, it is quite plausible that it would be heard by a neighbor but not by CBW and CH (let alone the boys inside the house who were playing Fortnight, which has constant background music).

Muffled screams aren't necessarily loud. I'm guessing it must have been close to the neighbor. JMO

I can't for the life of me figure out why people keep referring to DW and CW using southern dialect. He is from Utah, she is from Wisconsin. And they both sound like it to my southern ears. Ronnie Lawson ? THAT'S southern. ;)

I moved a bit south 16 years ago. Had you told me then I would use the phrase "all of y'all" then I would have laughed in your face. BTW I use it correctly, too. ;)

I don't recall anyone referencing a scream at any time. I've been on the thread since Day 1, have listened and watched all the videos. <modsnip> MOO![/QUOTE
Maybe the scream came from someone within the Wells home/property who found Summer deceased. The neighbor might have heard the scream but people at the Wells place might not have reported it to LE.
Why didn't the neighbor call 911 and report it right away,when they actually heard it? Or call to check on the neighbors to see if they are ok?

Maybe they would want CPS to believe the boys, who were left home alone, were locked up, nice and safe. But in other conversations admitted they didn't know if it was locked or not.

I mean the boys are older. They know how to unlock a door and go outside. It'd be completely irresponsible to actually lock them in in case of a fire or accident.

I understand where you are coming from. The reason the focus is on the parents is for the sake of finding "truth" and "facts". Actually, it looks like a back end approach that professionals are taking. On the other hand, it is pretty clever. Some LE who have experience with certain types of crime can see a bigger picture.

It is said, "you can catch more flies with honey (past survivor) than you can with vinegar, (present day perp)."

So , "you can catch more criminals with the past foot prints then you can with current finger prints." Dick Tracy Lee

What is the hunters MO- Modus Operandi: pattern, method.
What type - group /individual/loner? It all leads to possibilities or probabilities.
What type of circles navigate around the hunter, or what "hunters" does the hunter attrack.
Talking about a main subject's past may distract the perp. They may think the LE is way off.
Depending on the victim or perp, the truth and facts lie in the past. Unless there is an eyewittness to the present circumstances, the past is all that they have to connect dots.

With that said, my first questions.

Who does the city hire to cut trees?
Day laborers with experience? Migrants? Church members with experience?
DW said he has had drug users that haven't worked out because of their habit.
Sonds sketcy. (who does Mr. "Sketchy" bring into the picture). Skimping on solid reliable employees to save a buck has it's risks. That is including the city.

Who was in the trees that day?

How does the county cut trees on private property? Would the Wells higher "landscapers" to cut back their trees. Really. Would they? IMO probably not.

Sounds like another lawsuit if an abdution points to officials.

<modsnip - photo not approved or confirmed to be CW>

WHO BURNED THE CHURCH DOWN? What was in the attic where the fire started?

I'm catching up. What church burned down?

I mean the boys are older. They know how to unlock a door and go outside. It'd be completely irresponsible to actually lock them in in case of a fire or accident.
I agree. But I think maybe that sudden story of them being 'locked up nice and tight' was an off the cuff statement, out of concern there might be issues with her leaving them alone all day. I think a 12 yr old is OK watching 2 younger sibs, but it is borderline , age wise. Especially if they are known to fight among themselves.

I don't think DW understands what autistic is.

moo
As a counselor/case manager, when children attend daycare or pre-school, they are often referred for screening or evaluation if there are concerns. More severe issues are usually noticed by parents and pediatricians. Most states require a physician's referral for the Early Intervention Program. Unfortunately, many children who receive medical care via Medicaid can easily fall through the cracks because of changes in providers, missing appointments, and temporary loss of benefits. Early Intervention is vital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3