AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I try to be victim friendly, I think we, collectively, need to find a better word than prank. Not directed at you but us as a group. This wasn't a funny April Fool's Day thing.

Fabrication?

JMO
I don't know what it was or why it warranted public attention. All the circumstances are unknown so it's not even possible to take them into account.

It is inconsequential to the search for Summer IMO.

How should victims who lost a child act? There seems to be this unwritten handbook people are supposed to take a note from and mimic such as a presser, hold up a pic of your lost child and cry for the camera, be extra careful with your words, no use of the past tense, scream from the mountain tops how much you love your child, etc. Some families of the missing step into action, they are guided by a strong support system or it's just in their make-up to take action, then you have those who rely on LE to do their jobs and they think they will find their loved one. I don't think either one is wrong.

I personally know a mom with a missing child (teenager). She described her grief of not knowing turning into madness and reckless decision making - like sleeping with her neighbor in his garage as her husband was napping on the sofa, there was another random hookup with a co-worker, day drinking, then she stole a can of hair spray just because. She said each of these actions gave her a weird high, a distraction and she just didn't care anymore.

Not sure what's wrong with my thinking here, but I can't even pretend to care about the supposed call CW made to M, that was then aired by CM on TIR. I also don't think LE gave a flip about it either. IMO

I personally do not see them behaving like victims who have lost a child. I hear DW talking nonstop about family members and past SA allegations. I do not hear him talking about his missing daughter. I think we have all been able to see and hear enough from DW to make our own decisions. While it’s amazing to be supportive of victims, IMO there is a line that DW has crossed. I don’t feel I need to have anything explained to me that everyone grieves differently. Taking that into account, I still do not believe what we are seeing are the words and actions of a victim.

I’ve never said the parents hurt Summer. I don’t know what happened to Summer. But I don’t believe trying to normalize the behavior we’ve seen in the past week is in any way beneficial to anyone. Nobody is making DW be public and IMO he is not speaking publicly to keep Summer’s name out there because he almost never speaks about Summer beyond how much she loved him. I feel like some of the normalizing of his comments is dangerously close to trying to gaslight everyone involved and everyone observing. JMO.
ITA. Where is the timeline? Why put out misinformation about the red/Maroon Toyota being found at 101 Ben Hill rd? Why is DW the main go to person for info if he in fact was not even on the property when Summer went missing?????????????????? Why is ok for him to gaslight a family member, SA victim, but it's not ok for that person to record it, and expose said gaslighting?

I'm not exactly sure how it's a stretch to listen to this prank, hoax, maneuver, whatever the heck you want to call it , and think that perhaps DW and CW might also have been willing to call in a false police report, if that suited their purposes.

But hey, what do I know ?

As much as I try to be victim friendly, I think we, collectively, need to find a better word than prank. Not directed at you but us as a group. This wasn't a funny April Fool's Day thing.

Fabrication?

JMO

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure what else you can call intentionally making up a false story and calling someone to act it out and see what happens. In my mind a prank happens when one party knows something is a false and made up story and they tell it to another party who is not "in" on it. It has a negative connotation to me in this case because it's on the periphery of a missing and likely harmed child.

Here's a short list of people who have been accused of having something to do with Summer's disappearance ( other than the last 3 people to have actually seen her that day ) :

Ally
Hunter
Robin
Mr. Dodson
Don's co-worker
Don's neighbor's
Mary
Tricia
Jeannie
Chris McDonough
The Mexican Drug Cartel
A man who tried to buy a piece of real estate
Someone who works at the Sheriff's office who drives a red truck
Someone else who drives a red truck
Someone else who drives a red truck
Anyone who drives a red truck

:rolleyes:

Don't forget the wild dogs, bears, and the tree trimmers!

How should victims who lost a child act? There seems to be this unwritten handbook people are supposed to take a note from and mimic such as a presser, hold up a pic of your lost child and cry for the camera, be extra careful with your words, no use of the past tense, scream from the mountain tops how much you love your child, etc. Some families of the missing step into action, they are guided by a strong support system or it's just in their make-up to take action, then you have those who rely on LE to do their jobs and they think they will find their loved one. I don't think either one is wrong.

I personally know a mom with a missing child (teenager). She described her grief of not knowing turning into madness and reckless decision making - like sleeping with her neighbor in his garage as her husband was napping on the sofa, there was another random hookup with a co-worker, day drinking, then she stole a can of hair spray just because. She said each of these actions gave her a weird high, a distraction and she just didn't care anymore.

Not sure what's wrong with my thinking here, but I can't even pretend to care about the supposed call CW made to M, that was then aired by CM on TIR. I also don't think LE gave a flip about it either. IMO
I don’t think there’s a blanket way anyone is supposed to act, but I do think we can naturally see deception and misinformation happening in front of us. Calling an abuse victim and cursing about another abuse victim is something I would consider a red flag. I understand substance abuse and acting out in the face of tragedy. But I don’t understand narcissism as the face of a missing child’s case.

It’s not comparing apples to apples and that’s my big point. Sleeping with someone inappropriate isn’t inherently cruel, although the husband may feel differently I’m sure. It’s a cry for help. Where are people searching on a daily basis for Summer? Calling people on the internet just to be cruel to family members who have been abused is not something I can put in the category of “making bad decisions due to grief.” It’s not the same. That’s why I feel his behavior is being picked up on differently than other parents who have suffered a tragic loss.

JMO.

The problem is that dad is the one who has made it an issue by talking about everything but Summer.

You know, I am going to have to disagree to a point.
Most of what he talked about initially was in direct response to questions that he was asked.
As things became more dramatic and more focus was put ON HIM, yes...he did take that and run with it.
It is what a narcissist does.
Even though he is a LOT of things, as per TOS he and his family are still VICTIMS as far as the fact that Summer is missing.
There is an entire new thread to talk about DW and all of his sins so that we can focus on facts relevant to this missing child.

AMOO MOO JMO

In the call CW said DW was in a police car and they were taking him to Boston. That is a statement of fact. That isn't an opinion, that isn't a thought, it's a statement of a factual situation in the world.

If DW was not in fact in a police car, why would CW say it? She's either telling the truth or she's lying.

The next day, the Well's website posted that CW and DW were home doing work on their house and they don't understand the rumors. They obviously knew they caused a scene or why would they post a response?

If CW is so confused and disoriented that she can call her sister-in-law at midnight with a crazy story about DW getting arrested and it's not an intentional prank, then she should be admitted to the hospital for a psych evaluation and detox.

There isn't some middle ground where you innocently call someone at midnight to state untrue facts. You either intentionally did it or you were so impaired that you need professional help.

You know, I am going to have to disagree to a point.
Most of what he talked about initially was in direct response to questions that he was asked.
As things became more dramatic and more focus was put ON HIM, yes...he did take that and run with it.
It is what a narcissist does.
Even though he is a LOT of things, as per TOS he and his family are still VICTIMS as far as the fact that Summer is missing.
There is an entire new thread to talk about DW and all of his sins so that we can focus on facts relevant to this missing child.

AMOO MOO JMO
I take your points here but the sins you brought up are the sins of the father of Summer. LE has not cleared him, so IMO it would be remiss to ignore his behavior since we don’t know what happened to Summer or what may have led up to her disappearance. JMO.

I take your points here but the sins you brought up are the sins of the father of Summer. LE has not cleared him, so IMO it would be remiss to ignore his behavior since we don’t know what happened to Summer or what may have led up to her disappearance. JMO.

Victim friendly website as per TOS.
If he does end up being guilty of making Summer disappear, then that opens up dialogue and research of a completely different animal.
They have NOT been named suspects.

AMOO JMO MOO

Victim friendly website as per TOS.
If he does end up being guilty of making Summer disappear, then that opens up dialogue and research of a completely different animal.
They have NOT been named suspects.

AMOO JMO MOO
I agree. But since his own words and interviews have been allowed for discussion by WS, I just don’t understand how we can ignore them completely is all. JMO.

ETA: My Point is that LE has excluded nothing so I feel it would be difficult for us to exclude things at this time. We can only discuss approved websites and that seems fair. I don’t want to clog up the thread with back and forth so I edited the reason I replied and I’ll leave it at that. My opinion only. :)

I don't know what it was or why it warranted public attention. All the circumstances are unknown so it's not even possible to take them into account.

It is inconsequential to the search for Summer IMO.

I disagree. It's very consequential. They've demonstrated their desire and ability to completely fabricate a story about a terrible crime (being beaten by the cartel). Is it REALLY a stretch to imagine them also fabricating a story about another type of crime (abduction)? Normal people do not do things like this.

I agree. But since his own words and interviews have been allowed for discussion by WS, I just don’t understand how we can ignore them completely is all. JMO.

ETA: My Point is that LE has excluded nothing so I feel it would be difficult for us to exclude things at this time. We can only discuss approved websites and that seems fair. I don’t want to clog up the thread with back and forth so I edited the reason I replied and I’ll leave it at that. My opinion only. :)

I will add my final thoughts to your post, and as you have graciously said you will do- I , too will leave this here and try not to clog up the thread.
I 100 percent understand the concern for SW's safety and what may have led up to her disappearance. I don't fault a SINGLE person for being disgusted by what has happened in DW's past. I don't. I wouldn't. But here is where I differ from a lot of others:

As most people , I too, have been a victim of more than one SA. I KNOW what that does to a person. It is terrible.

What I do NOT know is whether or not DW ever laid a finger on Summer.
Someone VERY close to me when I was a child was a long time pedophile.
(I found this out after he died)
That person NEVER EVER laid a hand on me.
Why? I don't know. But my heart said that something in him changed.

People DO change. People DO grow.
I don't know if this applies to DW or not, but what if it does?
I won't convict him for harming his child because there is still no proof.

If they find that proof exists, it changes everything for me.

AMOO JMO MOO

[

Ha, yes, a timeline and a lack of crazy stories would be a great start!
I just thought maybe Boston came up because DW still has friends in the business and Boston came to his mind when talking about cartels and feds. Who knows!
Or CBW was watching TV and the word was used and she just threw it into the call. Moo

At this moment I can only think of this song.....

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong
And carry on
'Cause I know, I don't belong
Here in heaven
Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

In the call CW said DW was in a police car and they were taking him to Boston. That is a statement of fact. That isn't an opinion, that isn't a thought, it's a statement of a factual situation in the world.

If DW was not in fact in a police car, why would CW say it? She's either telling the truth or she's lying.

The next day, the Well's website posted that CW and DW were home doing work on their house and they don't understand the rumors. They obviously knew they caused a scene or why would they post a response?

If CW is so confused and disoriented that she can call her sister-in-law at midnight with a crazy story about DW getting arrested and it's not an intentional prank, then she should be admitted to the hospital for a psych evaluation and detox.

There isn't some middle ground where you innocently call someone at midnight to state untrue facts. You either intentionally did it or you were so impaired that you need professional help.

I think CW probably does need detox, but that is a decision that she will ultimately have to make for herself. Others who are for her can let her know the resources available to her and be supportive of any movement she makes in this direction, including withdrawal, but there isn''t much more they can do until she makes the decision. She may have to do that ultimately to get her children back in the long run, and that might be the motivation.

I think CW probably does need detox, but that is a decision that she will ultimately have to make for herself. Others who are for her can let her know the resources available to her and be supportive of any movement she makes in this direction, including withdrawal, but there isn''t much more they can do until she makes the decision. She may have to do that ultimately to get her children back in the long run, and that might be the motivation.

Imagine...your daughter is missing....I'm totally not sure this is the time of thinking "oh yes..I've some problems with alcohol or whatever, let's find help" You going around everywhere on the whole wild world....IMO I would even drink more and more......until the hurt stops...or maybe even my life......This is not the time....I would really like people to stop thinking 1 and 1 is 2.....because live is not working like that......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member