AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, in most cases of missing children, SOP to not have parents/immediate relatives or household members engage in immediate search efforts. LE and SAR have established protocols that they follow, and there are many reasons for that. As difficult as it is, typically the protocol for parents of a missing child involves the parents remaining in the home, providing as much information as possible to LE about the missing child and the circumstances, and basically allowing LE and secure SAR to do the initial searches. Depending on the circumstances of the case, that period of time maybe be 48 hrs... or much longer. Just wanted to clarify from a professional SAR standpoint.
In your professional opinion, now that we're at about two and a half months with Summer still missing do you think it would harm the case if the parents decided to thoroughly search their own property?

As a parent and not professional SAR, nothing short of threats from LE would keep me from searching at least an acre or so each day just to be positive my child didn't wander off and succumb to the elements, even if my gut instinct was that she was abducted. In part because it's possible an abductor could have harmed her very close to the house and left her on the property.

To be clear - I'm not saying Summer's parents should do the same; people react differently. Remember baby Ember and how long her poor mom went out each day with volunteers and searched miles and miles of highway? Not everyone can handle that kind of ongoing stress. MOO

Imo, at this point in an investigation into a missing child, it would largely depend upon what developments LE was making in the case. I personally see little harm in (at 80 days missing) parents searching their own property as often as they feel they can. I personally would recommend they are always accompanied by someone trained to deal with these types of situations, and I would also recommend that they make LE investigating the missing childs' case abundantly clear ahead of time where, when, and how they intend to search each time they plan on heading out, so that there is no confusion or speculation should anything of interest be discovered during such efforts. LE and/or professional SAR should also be giving private searchers such as these a 'crash course', so to speak, on how to properly search so that any evidence that might be discovered is preserved properly for LE.

ETA: I have no idea where LE is with Summer's case. I do know that LE and SAR should have logs of all cleared areas from their earlier searches. If something is discovered by parent(s) or other closely related civilians in an area already cleared by LE/SAR, then that can present quite an issue. Ditto if at some point LE/SAR goes back out to re-clear an already cleared location, and it has been disturbed.

Last edited:
Nancy Grace would have had a.field day with this!
Wonder what David Marshburn has to.say about Summer!

She needs.a.voice!

Jmo
HA!
Nancy Grace would give Summer a voice, for sure !!!

I think the world of David Marshburn.
He is AWESOME !!!!

It would be nice if he had a "CHAT" with DW and CW, if you know what I mean.

WHERE IS SUMMER ???

HA!
Nancy Grace would give Summer a voice, for sure !!!

I think the world of David Marshburn.
He is AWESOME !!!!

It would be nice if he had a "CHAT" with DW and CW, if you know what I mean.

WHERE IS SUMMER ???

It's such a shame, for many reasons, that Tim Miller is in poor health. I like Dave Rader a lot, but Tim has the special juju that gets people to talk. Like David does. Didn't Marshburn say he had no interest in this case? Sorry to hear that.

80 days
No firm timeline.
No big push from LE on the mysterious red truck. Why aren't they talking about that every single day in an effort to identify it, if they think the driver may have information? If it's on CCTV somewhere, why aren't we seeing pictures of it? Does it really exist?

How does that red truck relate to the red truck and the bad hair woman DW saw the morning Summer disappeared? Why haven't LE mentioned that at all, it seems that could be significant. Where is the police report about that, or the 911 call? Why has that never been confirmed by LE?

80 days, where is Summer?

MOO

So after looking at the Dave Rader vid transcripts with Duty Ron, I am not seeing him talking about any neighbors refusing searches.

The only person I remember saying this is DW. Did anyone find anything different?

It definitely didn't come from LE.

All MOO
I did not think LE had ever stated this, but could have just missed it as these threads are moving so darn fast and I can't keep up with all the interviews, youtubers, etc LOL

On that note-- I don't remember ever seeing a parent or family member insert themselves and manipulate the media, SM, etc as much as this one has.
Just steering the directive (look there, not here*) and blabbing all over the place with so many contradictions that it is very difficult to keep everything straight.

Then add in other family dynamics and they have taken the focus off Summer and on to their own defensive / blaming others selves.

It also has to be quite challenging for LE/ TBI also, trying to decipher and research through what is truth and what are the lies.

WHERE IS SUMMER ?????

Last edited:
LE usually strongly suggest to families not to search, because they would be liable if a family member was hurt somehow. Also can you imagine the horror of a mom or dad actually finding their child's remains? That would be an experience they could never erase from their mind. And yes, it could seriously mess up a potential crime scene.
There have actually been cases where the parent (or another close relative did find the child's remains and later, turned out to be the perpetrator.

It's such a shame, for many reasons, that Tim Miller is in poor health. I like Dave Rader a lot, but Tim has the special juju that gets people to talk. Like David does. Didn't Marshburn say he had no interest in this case? Sorry to hear that.

80 days
No firm timeline.
No big push from LE on the mysterious red truck. Why aren't they talking about that every single day in an effort to identify it, if they think the driver may have information? If it's on CCTV somewhere, why aren't we seeing pictures of it? Does it really exist?

How does that red truck relate to the red truck and the bad hair woman DW saw the morning Summer disappeared? Why haven't LE mentioned that at all, it seems that could be significant. Where is the police report about that, or the 911 call? Why has that never been confirmed by LE?

80 days, where is Summer?

MOO
Good post! Also, I don't know why but your reference to the woman in the truck : "bad hair woman" made me chuckle.

Last edited:
In your professional opinion, now that we're at about two and a half months with Summer still missing do you think it would harm the case if the parents decided to thoroughly search their own property?

As a parent and not professional SAR, nothing short of threats from LE would keep me from searching at least an acre or so each day just to be positive my child didn't wander off and succumb to the elements, even if my gut instinct was that she was abducted. In part because it's possible an abductor could have harmed her very close to the house and left her on the property.

To be clear - I'm not saying Summer's parents should do the same; people react differently. Remember baby Ember and how long her poor mom went out each day with volunteers and searched miles and miles of highway? Not everyone can handle that kind of ongoing stress. MOO

I mentioned that before. I would tie a small plastic strip to each tree that I searched around and under. If it took weeks or months then I would go as long as I could. I couldn’t bear to think that my daughter or granddaughter was out there.

If you aren’t doing anything else then what does it hurt. Beats moping around and drinking.

I mentioned that before. I would tie a small plastic strip to each tree that I searched around and under. If it took weeks or months then I would go as long as I could. I couldn’t bear to think that my daughter or granddaughter was out there.

If you aren’t doing anything else then what does it hurt. Beats moping around and drinking.
I'm with you, if it were my baby, I'd never be able to stop looking.

Why would Grandma get the hell out of dodge and abandon her only daughter in her worst nightmare?

There is only one logical answer here.

<modsnip - not LE friendly>

The Wells have made a mockery of truth and decency with their disgusting antics.

Lots of people are wondering if this is all a hoax and sadly I don't think so.

Lost in this despicable madness is a beautiful child....4 actually....

Still abandoned by their parents self indulgent outlaw ride or die mentality.

Shameful.

I can never unsee Summer crawling and <modsnip> Robin publicly on stage at church.

Especially the one where she picks up Robins hair and places it on her own bald head.

moo

eta spellcheck

Last edited by a moderator:
A press conference on what though? There is a lot of noise around this case. Reporters will ask any number of questions people either don't want to answer or can't answer. So, it could get bogged down very easily.

News stations in Nashville (i know Rogersville is not anywhere near Nashville, but stations closer to them also reported this) carried the story about the reward amount being raised. They showed SW's official missing poster and tried to act like this was breaking news. So, this, i guess is the biggest development in finding SW the media knows.

ETA: CM gives a time of 1:33 to pick up the medicine at Walgreen's. I don't know if SW was sighted either on camera or by an employee. If so, then, i'm sorry. My last seen time will be 1:33. I don't know if he specified that she was seen though.

I have missed a lot of the discussion, but did Summer ever get out of the car at any of these places other than the swimming hole? If not, she might not have been spotted on any camera.

Hi everyone! I’ve been following Summer’s disappearance since the Amber Alert, but have yet to post because you all have posted and asked such great questions, and I don’t think I have any valuable information to add, just an off opinion.

My thoughts from the first day Summer was reported missing were unlike my feelings for most missing child cases-I found myself thinking Summer was alive, money being the motive. It was just a gut feeling I had, not to sound weird. I’m trying to follow the rules, so I still don’t think I can say what my thoughts have always been. I know I sound like a whackadoodle and maybe it’s just a hope, but I do think Summer is alive. Ugh, I feel like I’m going to be judged so badly for posting this, but after over two months, I still feel the same as I did the first day; that Summer is alive, and I really don’t know why.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Wouldn't any parent want to find remains before their own kids stumble across them? And are scarred and shaken for the rest of their lives?

@LeeJay55 , on i think the first video with CM and SJ, they are talking about keeping the family (except the missing one) together and not letting them roam around. They talked about it as if this was just standard procedure these days. They didn't say why though.

ETA: any family, they said to assign one or more officers to make sure everyone stays where they're supposed to
Do you think the officer could be for their protection? If one daughter is missing, why not exploit the situation by taking another child, but ask for a ransom. It doesn't have to be the same perp. They could imply that they have Summer Moon too just to get money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member