AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC TBI lady said vehicles/drivers,etc had been spoken to/accounted for at least once maybe twice.

Personally I find this canvas troubling that it took place yesterday evening. But that's me.

Perhaps recommendation from CARD.

MOO
Maybe just double and triple checking. People's memories are strange things. And different people are home different times of the day.

[...]

Summer Wells is seen dancing in a Tik Tok video that has been viewed more than 50,000 times. Her father shared the video with News 5 in hopes it would help bring her home safely.

She is dancing to the song “Country Girl” which was recorded by country artist Bryan Moffitt.

“I don’t know her, I don’t know her family, and I’ve never even been to that area except to visit Gatlinburg, but here she is dancing to my song,” said Moffitt.

[...]

“When she is found and returned safe back home, I want to come there and personally play that song for her, the ‘Country Girl’ song she was dancing to and having a good time,” he said. “I feel that’s the least I can do.”

a video of Summer her father asked to be posted by a reporter. Bless her heart.

from the post “
SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Summer’s Dad asked me to share this video of her. He says she is very loving, always happy, and loves her Barbie dolls.

The TBI has received 137 tips as of Sunday afternoon but there is still no sign of her.

Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with any credible information.

Interestingly, in Jenise's case, a neighbor and friend of the family was the perpetrator. He was a teen who was well known to Jenise's older siblings and parents.

Also, searchers found some of Jenise's clothing and then a day or two later, found her body just 15 feet from where they found her clothing. Noting this because it is startling how long it took to find her body when it was so close to her clothing.

Not sure if there will be parallels or similarities with Summer. Obviously, I hope she is found safe and alive.

Jenise Wright murder suspect caught police’s eyes days before arrest
I see more parallels in Myra Lewis' case. She also disappeared in a matter of minutes even though her dad and sibs were in the house, her home was in a remote area of Mississippi. The family dog lost her scent at the mailbox and police K-9s couldn't pick up a scent either. The 2014 Amber Alert was still active last time I checked - the longest running one in MS.

But I get your point; we've seen a few cases here where searchers missed a child's body by a few yards. Remember Lizzy? Her body was only a block away yet missed repeatedly until her uncle disclosed the spot.

i dont think that the dads past have anything to do with this, both the mom and dad passed the polygraph , and the area has been searched with a fine tooth comb. so it seems like it has to be an abduction. i doubt a trafficking ring would be way out there, i sure they hope they are checking the cameras right where the rural land meets up with kingsport. about everybody that lives down there comes to kingsport for everything they need, its where the big population starts. all those bussinesses will have cameras.

This was maybe the first child case I followed and it broke my heart. Zahra Baker was another. I have avoided child cases since these. But Summer is only about 20 miles from me. I have had a bad feeling about it since about day 3 or 4 but am choosing to hope.
I live close too and can't put this one aside. I'm totally at sea on this one, but don't feel we're likely to have a happy ending.

I usually stay away from missing child cases after Gannon, but this little girl's face caught my attention. It seemed so obvious in the first day or two that she was going to be found hiding in bushes not far from her home and everyone would cheer and her parents would keep a closer watch on her from now on.
I continue to think of Gannon and all the efforts SAR made in that case. The speculation, after the time had passed where he could have survived out of doors, of where his body might be and how it might be noticed. A week later, if Summer has not survived being outside, there would be unmistakable signs if she was above ground. If someone had hidden her body in a house or shed, there would also be signs by now. Shallow grave could be disturbed by by animals. At what point does the search and rescue become a recovery when a child has not been located in an area? If LE calls off the search, would we assume they have ruled out lost in the woods, or would they make a formal announcement that efforts were changing to recovery?

I see more parallels in Myra Lewis' case. She also disappeared in a matter of minutes even though her dad and sibs were in the house, her home was in a remote area of Mississippi. The family dog lost her scent at the mailbox and police K-9s couldn't pick up a scent either. The 2014 Amber Alert was still active last time I checked - the longest running one in MS.

But I get your point; we've seen a few cases here where searchers missed a child's body by a few yards. Remember Lizzy? Her body was only a block away yet missed repeatedly until her uncle disclosed the spot.

Yes, I have been getting Myra vibes here, also. That one is a heartache for me. 7 years later and we still know nothing. Not one thing.

Where is Summer?

The original poster said DV charges for 2001. This is a parole violation from Utah. Thanks for posting.

Did MSM report a the DV for 2001?

I was the original poster, Simply Southern. I should have posted a link to back up my comment, but in truth, I was upset when I posted , and forgot to go back and track down the link. I thought I read in an article that it was a domestic violence call that lead to LE finding DW hiding in the basement, but maybe I ran the details of the 2001 and the 2020 arrest together as I was reading.

For now, I retract my comment . Sorry for the confusion.

why doesn't L.E. rule the parents out, polygraphs are usually relied on. then every can stop focusing on them, i think at least 80% of folks here in kingsport think foul play from the home. sleuths could then concentrate on the real scenarios. im not downing L.E. or any sleuths , i m just wondering out loud.

i dont think that the dads past have anything to do with this, both the mom and dad passed the polygraph , and the area has been searched with a fine tooth comb. so it seems like it has to be an abduction. i doubt a trafficking ring would be way out there, i sure they hope they are checking the cameras right where the rural land meets up with kingsport. about everybody that lives down there comes to kingsport for everything they need, its where the big population starts. all those bussinesses will have cameras.
It's interesting that they had just mom go after the poly,and a tip. Why not have him go too????? Why exclude him?

why doesn't L.E. rule the parents out, polygraphs are usually relied on. then every can stop focusing on them, i think at least 80% of folks here in kingsport think foul play from the home. sleuths could then concentrate on the real scenarios. im not downing L.E. or any sleuths , i m just wondering out loud.

LE hasn't said they've passed polygraphs.

Did LE announce the polygraphs, or just DW? Does LE tell people if they pass, or just hold onto the info?

My magical speculative mind is keeping numerous scenarios open.

Finding it difficult to believe Summer "wandered" a mile or two from home.

Finding it telling she's not been located within a thousand yards of home.

Also pondering the intensity of the continued search, almost as though they know she's out there somewhere.

Really open minded to consideration of foul play.

Not sensing she was abducted by a stranger.

MOO

Nowhere has LE ever said that anyone has passed a polygraph in relation to this case. What is accurate is that DW has stated that both he and his wife passed polygraphs.

Did LE announce the polygraphs, or just DW? Does LE tell people if they pass, or just hold onto the info?

The polygraph thing is weird to me. First of all, polygraphs aren't just pass fail. My understanding is they'll ask you some basic non-accusatory questions to get your baseline, and then see how your responses change if they ask you questions about whatever they're investigating.

So saying they passed their polygraphs doesn't really make sense. However it does show that they are cooperating, just like law enforcement has said.

I also imagine that if either of them showed signs of deception on their polygraphs, they'd be sitting in an interrogation room right now.

It's interesting that they had just mom go after the poly,and a tip. Why not have him go too????? Why exclude him?

Don has gone back to work I read. If mom was at DA's dad may have been at home with the boys or at work while grandma is home with the boys. Point being, maybe he wasn't excluded. Maybe he was on his way to that location as well but since he was in one place and she in another they will arrive separately? I don't think "they" excluded Summer's father. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee