AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an excerpt from the article below, in which DW states that he took a lie detector test.

Mr. Wells said law enforcement has done a good job pursuing every lead, and he willingly took a lie detector test to assist in the investigation. He said he and his wife have been looking at photos of potential suspects.

[DW]: “They have tracked down all kinds of people. They even had me in there with a lie detector test. It didn’t bother me to do that whatsoever. A lot of time the parents are responsible.”

Looking back, I can’t find anything from DW regarding whether or not he passed it. Although I may have missed it. JMO

‘We’re freaking out’: Missing Summer Wells father says authorities told mom they had a ‘tip’ after she passed lie detector test | CrimeOnline
Thank you! I think he stated he passed one in a video, but I haven’t been successful yet in finding it lol.
For now it’s a MOO from me!

“My wife just left the district attorney’s office with the FBI, and she passed her lie detector test,” Donald Wells said. “Then they told her to hurry down to the command center because they just got a tip, so we’re freaking out right now.”
News Channel 11 reached out to the Federal Bureau of Investigation regarding Wells’ statement. FBI officials referred the inquiry to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, who declined to comment.
TN AMBER Alert: Summer Wells' father says wife has passed a lie detector test

This is all getting to be confusing and frustrating. LE won't confirm or deny anything about those polygraphs. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a case here where LE told msm someone passed a polygraph.

And what's up with the so-called tip that caused the FBI to send Candus rushing down to the command center? I looked and looked and nothing about her showing up there or a hot tip was reported in msm.

The polygraph thing is weird to me. First of all, polygraphs aren't just pass fail. My understanding is they'll ask you some basic non-accusatory questions to get your baseline, and then see how your responses change if they ask you questions about whatever they're investigating.

So saying they passed their polygraphs doesn't really make sense. However it does show that they are cooperating, just like law enforcement has said.

I also imagine that if either of them showed signs of deception on their polygraphs, they'd be sitting in an interrogation room right now.
woudnt meeting with the D.A. be about the same thing as an interrogation?

Amber Alert for Tenn. Girl, 5, Who Vanished a Week Ago After Planting Flowers

Nothing new really but it is interesting that DW is quoted to be the one who checks the basement for Summer.

I was curious so I followed the link inside the People article to the WSMV article they cited. The video interview just happened to be included. The reporters mis-quoted what he said. It is at the 35 second mark.

Father of missing Hawkins County girl speaks out

JMO - It is unfortunate (not just in this case), to see days or months later that individuals were mis-quoted. I certainly don’t think it is intentional, just oversights or transcription slips.

Thanks for posting this @Parks as it’s a good reminder.

Last edited:
Yes but would they let her leave? They'd say, okay ma'am you passed with flying colors! And walk her out the door? If she was actually showing signs of deception?
No, they wouldn't tell her she passed with flying colors but they might say "We'll be in touch, stay where we can reach you."

jmo

KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WJHL) — Two community members are offering a combined $27,000 for information leading to the discovery of Summer Wells, the Hawkins County 5-year-old who has been missing for more than a week.

David Garrahan of Kingsport is offering $25,000 for information leading to Wells being found.

Another $2,000 is being offered by Trevor Lee for information leading to Wells being returned home. He has a domestic and child abuse prevention non-profit with a mission to stand up for children.

“I know searchers are getting pretty desperate. I know the law enforcement officials are saying the same thing,” Lee said. “I was hoping…just a last-ditch effort to find some kind of answer hopefully before it’s too late for Summer.”

Community members offer rewards for information leading to Summer Wells being found | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Last edited:
Yes but would they let her leave? They'd say, okay ma'am you passed with flying colors! And walk her out the door? If she was actually showing signs of deception?

A polygraph isn't admissible in court, and they couldn't detain her unless they were able to charge her with something, so I don't know what they would be able to charge her with just based on failing a polygraph.

It seems that this family spent a lot of time at their church (impression I get from DW)

Suppose someone there became fixated on Summer. I’m sure LE has this covered, but I’m trying to think of any/all possibilities.

Last edited:
A polygraph isn't admissible in court, and they couldn't detain her unless they were able to charge her with something, so I don't know what they would be able to charge her with just based on failing a polygraph.

I understand but I still think if they suspected her AND she "failed" the polygraph, they'd be doing everything they could to get her to confess, tell them where Summer is, etc. Time is of the essence and she could still be alive. I don't think they'd just let her leave without attempting to get her to talk.

I'm not a police officer though so who knows, I could obviously be way off.

If she was really barefoot and wandering around amid all that vegetation her little feet would be hurting and she would have started crying, maybe screaming. If family was searching right away they would have heard her crying. Jmo

I don't know about that. When my brothers and I were kids we were outside all the time and barefoot. My brother once had thorns in his heels that he wasn't even aware of until my mom gave him a bath. We had thick, tough soles from being barefoot all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa