AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but I still think if they suspected her AND she "failed" the polygraph, they'd be doing everything they could to get her to confess, tell them where Summer is, etc. Time is of the essence and she could still be alive. I don't think they'd just let her leave without attempting to get her to talk.

I'm not a police officer though so who knows, I could obviously be way off.

Maybe, but right now DW is out there spilling his guts all over the news and talking freely with LE. If they get an inking that LE thinks they're guilty, they may not only stop talking, but they might also get a lawyer, and their cooperation ends. And, if they are responsible for Summer's disappearance, she's definitely dead. So time is not that big of a factor. Finding her sooner than later would be preferable, but finding her sooner is not going to change the outcome.

Attachments

• 9106B972-7CAB-4D0C-94A9-8F71F4EAF8B4.jpeg
    9106B972-7CAB-4D0C-94A9-8F71F4EAF8B4.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 64
Maybe, but right now DW is out there spilling his guts all over the news and talking freely with LE. If they get an inking that LE thinks they're guilty, they may not only stop talking, but they might also get a lawyer, and their cooperation ends. And, if they are responsible for Summer's disappearance, she's definitely dead. So time is not that big of a factor. Finding her sooner than later would be preferable, but finding her sooner is not going to change the outcome.

Yeah maybe. Seems like a pretty big gamble to take. Not just with Summer's life, but all these searchers...

Not sure about it. That's all.

<modsnip>
I agree polygraphs aren't reliable and are generally an investigatory tool used in situations like this one.
Where is #SummerWells #TBI #1-800-TBI-FIND
4ED6E9FA591E45AD8C71FFF56489ECB0.jpg

I'm glad the reward now stands at $50,000.
Chi

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Wells said law enforcement has done a good job pursuing every lead, and he willingly took a lie detector test to assist in the investigation. He said he and his wife have been looking at photos of potential suspects.

If dad was at work and Mom and Grandma didn't see anything/anyone, how much help would they be in identifying who may have come onto their property that day?

I thought LE showing photos of possible suspects was only really useful if someone actually saw the person committing the crime and could identify them not by name but at least by a photo?

I understand but I still think if they suspected her AND she "failed" the polygraph, they'd be doing everything they could to get her to confess, tell them where Summer is, etc. Time is of the essence and she could still be alive. I don't think they'd just let her leave without attempting to get her to talk.

I'm not a police officer though so who knows, I could obviously be way off.

Again...LE has not stated that anyone has taken a polygraph.

LE hasn't said they've passed polygraphs.

Exactly. That's what I've wanted to know. We know DW has claimed he, and now his wife, have passed polygraph tests. That may be true... but, has anyone "in authority" such as TBI or FBI made that statement? If not, how can we be sure the information we've received about polygraph testing is valid? We can't be sure.

Here’s the thing….if family is not involved in Summer’s disappearance LE will tell us that. I have followed other cases where families were getting trashed and LE came out and said they were not considered suspects and then everyone moved on.

In this case, LE has neither confirmed or denied any family involvement.

So that’s where we are. As long as LE continues on the path of neither confirming or denying pretty much everything, we will continue to side-eye family because it appears that LE is doing the same.

If they are NOT INVOLVED LE needs to tell us otherwise, nothing is going to change in the discussion.

MOO

Well it is clear LE is investigating them - lie detector tests, meeting with the FBI, etc. That's good police work. It may take a long time before LE tells us much of anything, let alone clears the family, if that is going to happen.

That doesn't mean the family is involved.

There are a lot of weirdos in the world and it wouldn't be hard for a child to be snatched by someone.

My mind is pretty open on this one right now.

If dad was at work and Mom and Grandma didn't see anything/anyone, how much help would they be in identifying who may have come onto their property that day?

I thought LE showing photos of possible suspects was only really useful if someone actually saw the person committing the crime and could identify them not by name but at least by a photo?

Maybe pictures of nearby RSOs to see if they are known to the family, or people who were nearby that night caught on camera.

Yeah maybe. Seems like a pretty big gamble to take. Not just with Summer's life, but all these searchers...

Not sure about it. That's all.

They don't have any cause to make her answer questions. All she has to do is leave. To be fair we don't know if she actually took a polygraph and if she did we don't know that they didn't try to make her stay and answer questions.

I think spooking her by implying they think she's guilty is more of a gamble.

And I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I really don't think we're gambling with Summer's life.

Just some FYI the police can lie that you passed a lie detector test, when you didn’t. Also while the test can’t be used in court, your statements can and will be used against you. The guys are very trained that give the test, they know the right questions to ask.

Just some FYI the police can lie that you passed a lie detector test, when you didn’t. Also while the test can’t be used in court, your statements can and will be used against you. The guys are very trained that give the test, they know the right questions to ask.
VERY TRUE i think L.E. knows who and what happened, they are searching for evidence as much as they are searching for the child. if i were the perps i would hire a lawyer and not talk to L.E. OR the press anymore. just my opinion .

days or months later that individuals were mis-quoted. I certainly don’t think it is intentional, just oversights or transcription slips.

Thanks for posting this @Parks as it’s a good reminder.
Sometimes an editor will make a mess of a perfectly fine article by changing something without checking with the writer.

Attachments

• B94C59CD-FE36-47D5-BBD0-2915F96D1797.jpeg
    B94C59CD-FE36-47D5-BBD0-2915F96D1797.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 6162AA8E-858C-457E-B8A4-3DFEDD005722.jpeg
    6162AA8E-858C-457E-B8A4-3DFEDD005722.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics