AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Alert for Tenn. Girl, 5, Who Vanished a Week Ago After Planting Flowers

Nothing new really but it is interesting that DW is quoted to be the one who checks the basement for Summer.

My understanding is that mom couldn't locate her called dad, dad headed home and LE were called simultaneously. If my spouse tells me my child is missing and they aren't in the location they were expected to be, first thing I am doing on arrival is go see for myself. I don't doubt he did go in the basement. even if CW had already checked and told him Summer wasn't there.

I think a lot of people are putting way, way too much emphasis on the circumstances being unclear. Even if everyone said the same thing perfectly every time, the police are gonna look for actual evidence to support people's verbal accounts and maybe they haven't been able to because how would they? I imagine it's going to be unclear forever because they don't have it on video tape or cell phone evidence, etc.

They certainly do seem utterly defeated and exhausted. You can almost feel it through the screen.

I would imagine this has been discussed prior....possibly ad nauseum.... but it was said by the Mom that she went into the house maybe 4 minutes after Summer did to check on her. But Summer was already gone and they immediately started looking for her. How far could she really have gotten if it is the case that she just wandered into the woods? Certainly not out of earshot if she got "lost" or confused about her whereabouts. No doubt everyone would have been calling her name, right?

For me, unfortunately that seems improbable. In my opinion, wherever Summer went, it was not of her own volition. Dear God, I would love to be wrong.

I think a lot of people are putting way, way too much emphasis on the circumstances being unclear. Even if everyone said the same thing perfectly every time, the police are gonna look for actual evidence to support people's verbal accounts and maybe they haven't been able to because how would they? I imagine it's going to be unclear forever because they don't have it on video tape or cell phone evidence, etc.

I don't know, I tend to think LE keeps saying it because they think it's important.

Last weekend we had a complete stranger on a motorcycle come up on our property and ask if we were interested in selling our f150 truck . No one ever comes up my hill, so it was odd. Said he had 4 kids. My husband foolishly let the guy test drive the truck after taking his id. We got into an argument about it, with me saying, " How do you know that guys didn't use our truck to move a dead body ?" I was being extreme, of course , but now that the Hawkins County Sheriff has asked residents of Sullivan County to check their property...that is exactly what I am going to do. You just never know and at the very least, it will get me off the computer and put my mind at ease.

((((Summer)))) Where are you, Honey ?!

I cannot fathom what the parents are feeling right now. If this is hitting the search/investigation team and US as hard as it is, imagine being one of the parents. I pray they get answers soon. The not knowing is certainly the hardest part.

I don't know, I tend to think LE keeps saying it because they think it's important.

But the lack of clarity, on its own, is meaningless if it doesn't lead to more evidence. Which it clearly hasn't. So they don't know exactly what happened before Summer went missing, but they also don't seem to have ANY evidence that the lack of clarity is because someone is lying about foul play, an accident, an injury, a visitor who shouldn't have been on the property, abuse, murder.... or any other thing that is the subtext when people bring up the lack of clarity. Leslie literally said they have no more evidence today than they did on Day 1 of Summer's disappearance.

Leslie could have been withholding information. If they suspect foul play, it could be a strategy to let a suspect think they have no evidence in that direction.

Did you watch the press conference? Those people looked absolutely defeated. I don't think this is some strategic maneuver, I think they've got nothing.

IMO One of the prime reasons for a presser is to progress the investigation.
So they were sending a message to a possible perpetrator.
We don't know anything. You are safe.
And whether they do or don't know anything, they want the possible perp to believe that.

The other thing that stood out to me and I have never heard it put this way when describing what searchers should look for in a missing child case:

(Paraphrased) You're not looking for a full grown adult. You're looking for a little girl who weighs 40 lbs. She could be "wadded up" in a space no bigger than a laptop or a standard piece of paper.

Implying she could have hid herself...or someone could have hid her somewhere.

I don't know if I was searching my property that I would have searched places that small before hearing that.

Last edited:
Unforunately I think a lot of people following along in the threads here want there to be more happening than there is. I think we want our suspicions to come true but I think what we're seeing is reality. They haven't found any evidence that supports ... anything. I don't buy that this is a strategic maneuver to make a perp feel comfortable at all. I think they're as tired and desperate as they appeared, because there's nothing else to do here but keep searching and hoping she's out there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi