AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Alert for Tenn. Girl, 5, Who Vanished a Week Ago After Planting Flowers

Nothing new really but it is interesting that DW is quoted to be the one who checks the basement for Summer.

I would think the mother had already checked the basement first... maybe even more than once. If your child says she's going to the basement then that's where you look first and then all through the house and yard. I doubt she would call her husband and say Summer was missing if she hadn't looked in the basement and everywhere else she could think of first. I'll bet a brother or two looked in the basement, too. Then, when the husband came home I'm assuming that he also checked the basement.... not: "the one to check the basement" .... but: "also checked the basement." That's what I would have done, too. I even double and triple check my own searches if I'm looking for something I can't find and I've already "looked everywhere."

I definitely feel like LE don’t believe this is an abduction case. They are not pleading for someone to bring her home or providing descriptions of her when addressing the public. They either believe she wandered away or was lured/taken away for nefarious reasons and maybe some place close by. All JMO.

I wonder whether they've consulted with a geologist, land surveyer or the like who could have intimate knowledge of the terrain, topographical maps, caves, chasms, instability that could cause changes in the bedrock and or layers.

I think a lot of people are putting way, way too much emphasis on the circumstances being unclear. Even if everyone said the same thing perfectly every time, the police are gonna look for actual evidence to support people's verbal accounts and maybe they haven't been able to because how would they? I imagine it's going to be unclear forever because they don't have it on video tape or cell phone evidence, etc.

This! I take it as things being unclear because they have no idea if she was abducted, got lost in the wood, fell in to a hole, the family are involved or beamed up by aliens. I guess it's how you choose to read in to it, but until they say 'the circumstances of her disappearance are unclear due to the family stories not adding up/changing/with holding information, then I'll continue to presume they mean that if things were clear they'd probably have found her by now!

Unforunately I think a lot of people following along in the threads here want there to be more happening than there is. I think we want our suspicions to come true but I think what we're seeing is reality. They haven't found any evidence that supports ... anything. I don't buy that this is a strategic maneuver to make a perp feel comfortable at all. I think they're as tired and desperate as they appeared, because there's nothing else to do here but keep searching and hoping she's out there somewhere.
I agree. However there is another thought we can't ignore, every briefing emphasizes the fact there are 2 sides to this situation. The search and the investigation into how/when she disappeared. Should there be more to the story as to the how/when.....the fact every agency is staying on this hopefully will wear someone down and if there is anything else to tell, hopiefully they reach the point they will tell once they realize no one is giving up. I can't imagine the stress and grief this family is experiencing. I can't imagine the anxiety if anyone knows more than they're saying with this full-fledged investigation and all eyes on you.

After watching the news conference, I am still leaning toward an opportunistic abduction by someone Summer was familiar with. Someone who had been at the home before. Someone she was comfortable around.

We all know the "2 minutes" isn't realistic. Perhaps that's why the TBI can't shore up the timeline? Because no one can really say how long it actually was?

Leslie did say the family has been very cooperative. Answering any and all questions they have. Going wherever they ask them to go. Doing whatever they ask them to do.

And, that they have not identified every vehicle and/or person who was in the area that day. Farmers often use day laborers (who may be tough to track down). So, there's still some hope they will speak with someone who noticed something.

Maybe a property owner will find something that sheds some light on her disappearance?

Maybe the answer is hidden at the bottom of the bottle of wine I plan to consume this evening? :D

Fingers crossed.

All those things could be true though.
They could have nothing AND want a possible perp to know that AND be tired and desperate.

Unforunately I think a lot of people following along in the threads here want there to be more happening than there is. I think we want our suspicions to come true but I think what we're seeing is reality. They haven't found any evidence that supports ... anything. I don't buy that this is a strategic maneuver to make a perp feel comfortable at all. I think they're as tired and desperate as they appeared, because there's nothing else to do here but keep searching and hoping she's out there somewhere.

Did you watch the press conference? Those people looked absolutely defeated. I don't think this is some strategic maneuver, I think they've got nothing.

I did - they could be defeated because no one will tell the truth. We don't know the full circumstances. I'm just saying what is possible as I don't really have a feeling on this one way or the other regarding if she is missing on her own or not.

Confirmed FBI CARD came in this past weekend. When I posted yesterday that ROADBLOCK CANVAS had been conducted Tuesday evening I surmised it was under advisement of CARD.
I was disturbed it took a week for this to take place when it was communicated at pressers drivers/folks had been spoken to and accounted for. Clearly they hadn't and still aren't finished.

The change of tone I noticed was the clarity on the parents cooperating. No issues there now as far as I can surmise.

MOO

I will continue to pray for God's strength and guidance for everyone involved. Love and prayers for Summer's family.

In a nearly 15 minute briefing on Thursday afternoon, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation had little answers in the search for Summer Wells.

"The status is the same as it was on Monday when we last held a media briefing. We're still trying to find Summer," said Leslie Earhart from the TBI.

[...]

"In this situation, despite doing everything within our power, and exploring all avenues, the circumstances leading to Summer's disappearance remain unclear," says Earhart.

[...]

Investigators admit that physical and mental fatigue is starting to set in for rescue crews. More than 4.6 square miles have been search. That isn't stopping them from giving up.

"I've had guys come up to me and say, 'Captain. I'll go to the end but I'm tired. I'm physically and mentally tired,'" says Tim Coup from the Church Hill Rescue Squad. "We're all one team and we will not quit until we find Summer Wells."

[...]

'Nobody is more frustrated than we are.' TBI provides update in Summer Wells search

I agree. However there is another thought we can't ignore, every briefing emphasizes the fact there are 2 sides to this situation. The search and the investigation into how/when she disappeared. Should there be more to the story as to the how/when.....the fact every agency is staying on this hopefully will wear someone down and if there is anything else to tell, hopiefully they reach the point they will tell once they realize no one is giving up. I can't imagine the stress and grief this family is experiencing. I can't imagine the anxiety if anyone knows more than they're saying with this full-fledged investigation and all eyes on you.

Yes, they keep saying that they will not give up searching until they find her. That they are not leaving. Not leaving. They keep saying it. MOO.

But the lack of clarity, on its own, is meaningless if it doesn't lead to more evidence. Which it clearly hasn't. So they don't know exactly what happened before Summer went missing, but they also don't seem to have ANY evidence that the lack of clarity is because someone is lying about foul play, an accident, an injury, a visitor who shouldn't have been on the property, abuse, murder.... or any other thing that is the subtext when people bring up the lack of clarity. Leslie literally said they have no more evidence today than they did on Day 1 of Summer's disappearance.
Reminds me of Jamie Cross they searched for weeks, months and no clue, no evidence, no DNA. Nothing. The rumors were horrible on that thread. Then one day months later, she walks out of the woods.
ETA...LE met the vehicle she was in, while heading to her house on a shots fired call and did not know. It was a good while before they released the vehicle description . Her parents were murdered.
Some of us live in communities with one or more unsolved child murder or kidnappings. Twenty years later we are still looking for clues.

Praying Summer is found.

OK so again, all we have here is the absence of evidence...

And I am left thinking she walked into those woods. There is no evidence that someone took her, hurt her, accidentally hurt her and then hid her, was on the property and shouldn't have been, etc. I can't think of any other reason why she would've disappeared with zero evidence except that she literally walked away and got lost in the woods.
No evidence we’re aware of, anyway.

When asked about the timeline, Leslie said Summer was “supposedly” (Leslie’s word, not mine), outside planting flowers, Mother said Summer went into the house, Mother then went into the house and Summer was gone, Summer was reported missing by family at 6:30pm. Then when asked when Summer was last seen, Leslie said she was last seen “early afternoon”. Does that mean last seen early afternoon by someone other than family member?
Otherwise, why wasn’t last seen time given as the time the Mom/family saw her while planting flowers shortly before she went missing. I’m confused by the last seen early afternoon. I wish someone would’ve asked to clarify if that meant last seen by someone other than family. Maybe I’m missing something, this case has my head spinning in circles….;)

Where are you sweet Summer?

IMHOO

Last edited:
i think the search is winding down, now they will just recheck places for a few more days then stop with the large search parties and helicopters. they will probably start searching with small teams with cadaver dogs and things like that. its just a sad reality. you cant keep all these resources in one place , other people are going missing every day , and even locally hawkins county crimes did not stop 9 days ago. the good thing is that the investigation will keep going on even though the search parties will be stopping. i think they will solve this case, but some cases never get solved. i going to stop watching the news of this. its to depressing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member