AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think they're giving a chronological report they're just quoting the father

According to her father, Summer was planting flowers with her mom and grandmother before she disappeared.

"She was planting flowers with her mother and her grandmother, and she wanted to go into the house - wanted to go downstairs and play with her toys," Donald Wells said, WSMV reports. "I went down in the basement, and she was gone, so she went out the basement door, which was unlocked, and we haven't seen her since."

this is how its written it just sounds like they're just giving quotes

No, I don't think it's a chronological report either. I was responding to another commenter who seemed to imply that the basement wasn't checked until DW got home... that "it was interesting" that "he was the one to check the basement." My opinion was that probably most of the family had already checked the basement before DW was even called and notified that Summer was missing. I must have been unclear as I know that I am sometimes :oops: .

No. The flower planting was by the camper which is on the main house level. The basement is down a slope and the door unfortunately opens out where it cannot be seen from that main level. JMO

Credit WJHL
Search for Summer: Photos of Beech Creek property where Summer was last seen | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Image-from-iOS-8-3.jpg

click to enlarge

That's the back end of the white camper on the right where they were planting flowers at the other end by the door. If SW exited that lower and back basement door, no one would have seen her.
I wonder what's in that dark space between the house and the shack. MOO

Sorry but for LE to say they have no confirmed info. on when she was last seen when there were 5 family members present is very odd. Why wouldn't they say she was last seen at such and such a time by (insert family member/members)..doesn't make sense.

Perhaps the TBI does not want to lend credibility to the family's reported timeline that day?

No, I don't think it's a chronological report either. I was responding to another commenter who seemed to imply that the basement wasn't checked until DW got home... that "it was interesting" that "he was the one to check the basement." My opinion was that probably most of the family had already checked the basement before DW was even called and notified that Summer was missing. I must have been unclear as I know that I am sometimes :oops: .
Oh haha my bad sometimes i'm just dense

This! I take it as things being unclear because they have no idea if she was abducted, got lost in the wood, fell in to a hole, the family are involved or beamed up by aliens. I guess it's how you choose to read in to it, but until they say 'the circumstances of her disappearance are unclear due to the family stories not adding up/changing/with holding information, then I'll continue to presume they mean that if things were clear they'd probably have found her by now!
Agreed. We all want exact times, anything tangible or solid to start with. They don't have that. It was an ordinary day. Probably no one knew they'd need to look at the clock or think about things. You wonder if they all get up for breakfast together -- you can normally hang a time on that. Or if they get up whenever they wake up and the kids fix their own cereal. If you faithfully watch the noon news or Y&R, you'll be able to say it was before or after your show.

Time really has no meaning. You wake up when you wake up. You eat when you're hungry. You do a few tasks - or don't if you decide tomorrow's soon enough. The tasks can take any amount of time -- however long it takes two minutes or a few.

No one knew they'd need to be aware because it was a special day.

“There’s still two aspects of this case, the active search and the investigation,” said Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Public Information Officer, Leslie Earhart.

[...]

“While every case is different, this one is definitely outside of the norm.”

There have been 106 agencies involved in search efforts from Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, and North Carolina. Crews have covered over 3,000 acres, roughly 4.6 square miles, so far since the search began for Summer Moon-Utah Wells last week.

[...]

Investigators ‘can’t discuss everything’ in ongoing search for Summer Wells | 8News

When asked if the TBI believes Summer is still alive, Earhart replied: “We hope so, but honestly we just don’t know. We’re holding out hope, doing everything we can. Obviously, we typically would’ve found a child at this stage in the investigation, so honestly we just don’t know.”

[...]

[Search Caption Tim] Coup shared that he often tells search and rescue squads under his direction, “When you’re looking through this property, you’re not looking for an adult laying there. You’re not looking for an adult hiding in a building. We’re looking for a 5-year-old girl that weighed approximately 40 lbs. Somebody that size could wad up, could hide in an area where a legal sized piece of paper or a laptop could go.”

Coup says he continues to coordinate with people across Tennessee and from out of state to bring a fresh, rested set of eyes to the search. Cadaver dogs are also now being used in the search.

[...]

With well over 300 tips not providing any significant leads, the TBI says Summer’s family continues to cooperate in the investigation. No search warrants by the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office have been obtained yet; all have been consent searches.

The TBI would not comment on whether or not lie detectors have been used on Summer’s family members, but added that the TBI does have a polygraph test unit and that they are using all resources they can in the investigation.

[...]

'Just heartbreaking': Frustrations grow over lack of answers in Summer Wells case

Agreed. We all want exact times, anything tangible or solid to start with. They don't have that. It was an ordinary day. Probably no one knew they'd need to look at the clock or think about things. You wonder if they all get up for breakfast together -- you can normally hang a time on that. Or if they get up whenever they wake up and the kids fix their own cereal. If you faithfully watch the noon news or Y&R, you'll be able to say it was before or after your show.

Time really has no meaning. You wake up when you wake up. You eat when you're hungry. You do a few tasks - or don't if you decide tomorrow's soon enough. The tasks can take any amount of time -- however long it takes two minutes or a few.

No one knew they'd need to be aware because it was a special day.
If anyone was on a device that day, you could check that for time. I can look at my history on the computer and see what I was doing when. Or look at what time posts were made to social media, texts sent, etc. And then ask yourself, did I see her when I was texting, etc.?

A timeline can be remembered.

jmo

If anyone was on a device that day, you could check that for time. I can look at my history on the computer and see what I was doing when. Or look at what time posts were made to social media, texts sent, etc. And then ask yourself, did I see her when I was texting, etc.?

A timeline can be remembered, if it can be remembered.

jmo
DW said the boys were watching youtube when Summer came in so we can assume it was on some device.

When asked about the timeline, Leslie said Summer was “supposedly” (Leslie’s word, not mine), outside planting flowers, Mother said Summer went into the house, Mother then went into the house and Summer was gone, Summer was reported missing by family at 6:30pm. Then when asked when Summer was last seen, Leslie said she was last seen “early afternoon”. Does that mean last seen early afternoon by someone other than family member?
Otherwise, why wasn’t last seen time given as the time the Mom/family saw her while planting flowers shortly before she went missing. I’m confused by the last seen early afternoon. I wish someone would’ve asked to clarify if that meant last seen by someone other than family. Maybe I’m missing something, this case has my head spinning in circles….;)

Where are you sweet Summer?

IMHOO
I haven't listened to today's presser. Did Leslie Earhart, (TBI spokesperson) really say Summer was "supposedly" outside planting flowers? If so...that one word is very interesting.

Is it that they don't know anything different about the timeline, or that they can't release any more about that day. That stood out to me.

Another thing that stood out to me, when Leslie was asked about the billboards seen in Myrtle Beach area, She noted that TBI doesn't coordinate that. While she said they appreciate the effort, I felt that she wanted to make it clear that they weren't involved in those being put up - possibly insinuating that they don't feel there is a need for something like that outside of the area. Jmo
Interesting post. About the stress that TBI doesn't coordinate the billboards means that other families with missing loved ones may be clamoring at TBI for not giving their family billboards.

In the past, the amount of attention one case draws over another case is often discussed negatively. Having EVERYONE with a missing loved one suddenly showing up and asking for a billboard could create some major trouble. Better to stress that TBI does NOT do that.

Per DW, the boys were online. Maybe a game or YouTube, I'm not sure if that's clear (it isn't to me). Either way, wouldn't that be a good resource for investigators to find the times? If they are online all day, I guess that may not help. But asking the boys, what is the last thing you played online or watched online, they could use that to get a time frame of when Mom got their attention to help look for Summer?

This is just me trying to figure out WHY at least a timeline cannot be figured out!

ETA: @Inthedetails we thinking alike! I missed your post!

A timeline can be remembered.

jmo
You can. A techy person can. I suspect the CARD team investigated all devices in the house.

But the family?

I very much doubt anyone in the family is capable of doing that. Maybe one of the boys, but just as likely not. And as upset as they were, would they have even thought of it?

Per DW, the boys were online. Maybe a game or YouTube, I'm not sure if that's clear (it isn't to me). Either way, wouldn't that be a good resource for investigators to find the times? If they are online all day, I guess that may not help. But asking the boys, what is the last thing you played online or watched online, they could use that to get a time frame of when Mom got their attention to help look for Summer?

This is just me trying to figure out WHY at least a timeline cannot be figured out!

ETA: @Inthedetails we thinking alike! I missed your post!
most likely because only the family can confirm it and they're trying to confirm it without a doubt

You can. A techy person can. I suspect the CARD team investigated all devices in the house.

But the family?

I very much doubt anyone in the family is capable of doing that. Maybe one of the boys, but just as likely not. And as upset as they were, would they have even thought of it?

I know people that aren't very techy that have mastered the intricacies of browser histories and things like that. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member