AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leslie's statements on the timeline in the press conference today definitely stand out to me as being different to what we have previously heard (previously I understood the timeline as, it was a matter of minutes that Summer was out of sight, Leslie's statements now indicate it could have been a matter of hours, between early afternoon and 6:30 PM).

The other line that stood out to me was: "Surveillance video and photos have been reviewed as well as other potential digital evidence". Digital evidence to me doesn't sound like "lost in the woods stuff" (thought it could be trail cams I suppose). My first reaction was computer-type evidence.

I could be certainly reading too much into it but they're clearly letting us know that every possibility is being looked at; EXCEPT for a cross-state situation, they do not seem to be putting much weight on the idea that Summer is out of state, due to Leslie's statement on the billboard in Myrtle Beach.

Agreed. We all want exact times, anything tangible or solid to start with. They don't have that. It was an ordinary day. Probably no one knew they'd need to look at the clock or think about things. You wonder if they all get up for breakfast together -- you can normally hang a time on that. Or if they get up whenever they wake up and the kids fix their own cereal. If you faithfully watch the noon news or Y&R, you'll be able to say it was before or after your show.

Time really has no meaning. You wake up when you wake up. You eat when you're hungry. You do a few tasks - or don't if you decide tomorrow's soon enough. The tasks can take any amount of time -- however long it takes two minutes or a few.

No one knew they'd need to be aware because it was a special day.

I’ve thought about this a lot in this case. And how on most days I’d be hard-pressed to tell you what clothes my kids had on (and they have so much I’d never be able to figure it out by process of elimination) or whether a pair of shoes was missing. And if I were outside most of the day and not on my phone, I’d probably not have a real good sense of time. I don’t think my kids would be able to remember what they had been doing on the Internet/screen the last time a sibling passed through the room (to help narrow down the time via browser history), and they are of similar age.

You can. A techy person can. I suspect the CARD team investigated all devices in the house.

But the family?

I very much doubt anyone in the family is capable of doing that. Maybe one of the boys, but just as likely not. And as upset as they were, would they have even thought of it?
They certainly can. LE could also help them.

It is not impossible to put together the day's activities. A child is missing - it's entirely possible to make this effort. And perhaps they have and we just don't know the details.

jmo

I’ve thought about this a lot in this case. And how on most days I’d be hard-pressed to tell you what clothes my kids had on (and they have so much I’d never be able to figure it out by process of elimination) or whether a pair of shoes was missing. And if I were outside most of the day and not on my phone, I’d probably not have a real good sense of time. I don’t think my kids would be able to remember what they had been doing on the Internet/screen the last time a sibling passed through the room (to help narrow down the time via browser history), and they are of similar age.

*actually my kids would probably say “I was playing Roblox” or “I was on Tik Tok” but their history would show that’s a 2 hour stretch of time.

I haven't listened to today's presser. Did Leslie Earhart, (TBI spokesperson) really say Summer was "supposedly" outside planting flowers? If so...that one word is very interesting.
Yes, at 16:25 in the Presser, Leslie states, “she was supposedly with family members outside of the home”. She didn’t mention the planting flowers, that was my assumption since that’s what DW said Summer was doing with her Mom and Grandma outside right before she went into the house. Yeah I agree, especially considering the context, “supposedly” is an interesting word.
IMO, and reading between the lines of the bread crumbs LE is giving out, sounds like they might not be able to corroborate what they were told about Summer’s movements from mid to later that afternoon/early evening before 911 call was placed to report her missing.

Presser video embedded at link below.

'Nobody is more frustrated than we are.' TBI provides update in Summer Wells search

IMHOO

Last edited:
You can. A techy person can. I suspect the CARD team investigated all devices in the house.

But the family?

I very much doubt anyone in the family is capable of doing that. Maybe one of the boys, but just as likely not. And as upset as they were, would they have even thought of it?

Edit. Oops, someone already answered about the devices being checked.

I don’t think that the problem is one of not being able to figure out what time it was when a certain thing happened.

I think the problem is whether to believe what the person says happened at the time.

Apparently, law-enforcement agencies have taken statements from a lot of people. They’ve looked at surveillance and investigated digital evidence. When all of those things don’t fall together to make a sensible timeline, something stinks.

MOO

The mother of a missing Tennessee girl appears to have posted a video of Summer Wells the day she vanished, and has since posted another video about her daughter’s disappearance.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Summer Wells’ parents reported missing on June 15. On the same day, a TikTok account with her mother’s name, [CW] (also known as [CB]), posted a video of a child that appears to be Summer — who has three older brothers. The child appears to be wearing a girl’s bathing suit, and is swimming in an unknown body of a water. Another man is also seen in the video, gesturing at the camera and splashing the girl in the water.

It is not known when the video was recorded or what time on June 15 it was uploaded. As previously reported, Summer’s parents reported her missing in the early evening on June 15, telling police they had spent some time searching for her themselves before reporting her missing.

[...]

Summer Wells: Mom shared TikTok video of child, who appears to to be missing daughter, on day girl disappeared (video at link)

FYI, in response to some queries we have received, Websleuths is allowing discussion of the above TikTok video purportedly taken the day that Summer vanished. We trust CrimeOnline as their legal team thoroughly vets their sources.

I don’t think that the problem is one of not being able to figure out what time it was when a certain thing happened.

I think the problem is whether to believe what the person says happened at the time.

Apparently, law-enforcement agencies have taken statements from a lot of people. They’ve looked at surveillance and investigated digital evidence. When all of those things don’t fall together to make a sensible timeline, something stinks.

MOO

I love this team of investigators!! They are so dejected, exhausted, professional and steadfast in finding Summer. Thankful for them and agree with everything you said!! Something is amiss and I hope we soon find out and Summer is found.

If anyone was on a device that day, you could check that for time. I can look at my history on the computer and see what I was doing when. Or look at what time posts were made to social media, texts sent, etc. And then ask yourself, did I see her when I was texting, etc.?

A timeline can be remembered.

jmo
Candus appears to heavily indulge in social media and recording their day to day activities.
This is good for LE and the Wells.
No matter where it leads I believe up until the moment Summer disappeared she had been an open book.
That will help establish heaps IMO

Ha, so true! One day recently I went somewhere with my adult sons and one minor one. There was a fire and the police started evacuating and asked me to clear the area. I explained I couldn't leave yet because my sons were still in the area. They asked me for a description so they could locate them and I realized I had NO clue what they were wearing. After thinking about it I would've made an absolutely terrible witness. Then again millennials take pictures and videos of every event so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'd say the shack is an added on porch and the dark space is a hole you can go in under it? Just a guess MOO

That's exactly what ours was... an added on porch for the house I grew up in. The add on foundation begins higher than the house foundation but the top is leveled with the top of the house foundation so a crawl space is created. Add a small door and it looks "finished" and can be used for storage. (or as a play house)

Reminds me of Jayme Closs...

Praying Summer is found.

This is absolutely making me think of Jayme. LE tore those woods apart and there was just nothing to find, because it turned out a completely random person had appeared out of nowhere and committed the crime. If Jayme hadn't been so resourceful, we never would have learned what happened. I'm starting to think a completely unknown person or persons are involved here.

No, a child that age would not be able to meet at a time BUT, in one of the first interviews it was said that she abruptly wanted to go inside. Maybe someone was on the property that mom and grandma didn’t see but they alerted her somehow? Just grasping here. All MOO

Trying to go through Summer's actions that day by what has been released.

So, a five year old girl outside with mom and gma planting flowers, wants to go in the house. After going inside, siblings get the impression little girl is going to basement to play with toys. Little girl goes back outside through basement door.

Assuming she went in the house via a front door, since she passed siblings to go to basement.

Did she see someone/something in the yard? I still have abduction on my mind, probably because she went missing so quickly. And not by a stranger, no clue as to whom, just someone she was comfortable meeting/seeing.

Leslie could have been withholding information. If they suspect foul play, it could be a strategy to let a suspect think they have no evidence in that direction.

From the raw emotion Leslie displayed, I really think they don't have a clue.

Leslie spoke much kinder about the family, detailing, cooperation, coming to command center to clarify things, her demeanor was much different. I was glad to see this.

This family needs kindness, I can’t imagine how much they are suffering.

Moo

*actually my kids would probably say “I was playing Roblox” or “I was on Tik Tok” but their history would show that’s a 2 hour stretch of time.

Ugh, Roblox... That's exactly what my boy would be doing as well. The thing is though, it can be narrowed down based on when they stopped. Surely as soon as Summer was noticed missing, the boys would've gone out to help search. That's the time.

Ha, so true! One day recently I went somewhere with my adult sons and one minor one. There was a fire and the police started evacuating and asked me to clear the area. I explained I couldn't leave yet because my sons were still in the area. They asked me for a description so they could locate them and I realized I had NO clue what they were wearing. After thinking about it I would've made an absolutely terrible witness. Then again millennials take pictures and videos of every event so it shouldn't be too hard.

A few years ago there was a fight right outside my window. It was 2 teenagers, and one was getting pretty pummeled. By the time I decided it was beyond "boys being boys" and I should call 911, I saw my neighbor was already on the phone with the police and going out trying to break up the fight. Well, when the police got here a couple minutes later, the one ran off and the other left in an ambulance. I watched the whole thing. It was probably 3-5 minutes that I stood there watching it. Afterwards, I went out to talk to the police, who at that point were putting up crime scene tape, and they asked me what the boy looked like and what he was wearing. I had no idea beyond "he looked very similar to the victim as far as age and build" and he had blonde curly hair. No idea what he was wearing or anything. I was SO shocked at my bad memory, as I usually have a great memory. My husband asked me later why I didn't record it... that was also something that never even occurred to me (and I'm a millennial, haha).

Trying to go through Summer's actions that day by what has been released.

So, a five year old girl outside with mom and gma planting flowers, wants to go in the house. After going inside, siblings get the impression little girl is going to basement to play with toys. Little girl goes back outside through basement door.

Assuming she went in the house via a front door, since she passed siblings to go to basement.

Did she see someone/something in the yard? I still have abduction on my mind, probably because she went missing so quickly. And not by a stranger, no clue as to whom, just someone she was comfortable meeting/seeing.

That would beg the question why did she take such a circuitous route? She could not see out the basement windows. JMO

The volunteer SAR folks are probably burning through vacation from their full time jobs, then taking unpaid LOA right now because they don’t want to stop. I’m relieved to hear SAR from surrounding states are assisting to allow a rest period before being rotated back in.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

IMO

8pm marks the end of the day shift ground search teams. It is currently a very pleasant 77 degrees. mixed sun & clouds with just a bit of wind helping to cool things down more. Forecast for tonight/early morning low is 58 degrees. 0% precipitation.
Searchers are beyond exhausted but remain committed.
May today/tomorrow be the day Summer is brought home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member