AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked about the timeline, Leslie said Summer was “supposedly” (Leslie’s word not mine), outside planting flowers, Mother said Summer went in the house, Mother then went into the house and Summer was gone. Summer reported missing at 6:30pm. Then when asked when Summer was last seen, Leslie said last seen “early afternoon”. Does that mean last seen early afternoon by someone other than family member? Otherwise,
why wasn’t last seen time given as the time the Mom/family saw her while planting flowers shortly before she went missing. I’m confused by the last seen early afternoon. I wish someone would’ve asked to clarify if that meant last seen by someone other than family. Maybe I’m missing something, this case has my head spinning in circles….;)

Where are you sweet Summer?

IMHOO

I heard the same. Transcribed by me:

Leslie Earhart, TBI:
“[…] We know that her family reported her missing. They called the sheriff’s office around 6:30. Prior to that, it was early afternoon when she was last seen. And they searched for a little bit and they reported her missing.”

Reporter:
“How many hours would you say?”

Leslie Earhart, TBI:
“I don’t have that information.”

I would think the mother had already checked the basement first... maybe even more than once. If your child says she's going to the basement then that's where you look first and then all through the house and yard. I doubt she would call her husband and say Summer was missing if she hadn't looked in the basement and everywhere else she could think of first. I'll bet a brother or two looked in the basement, too. Then, when the husband came home I'm assuming that he also checked the basement.... not: "the one to check the basement" .... but: "also checked the basement." That's what I would have done, too. I even double and triple check my own searches if I'm looking for something I can't find and I've already "looked everywhere."
i don't think they're giving a chronological report they're just quoting the father

According to her father, Summer was planting flowers with her mom and grandmother before she disappeared.

"She was planting flowers with her mother and her grandmother, and she wanted to go into the house - wanted to go downstairs and play with her toys," Donald Wells said, WSMV reports. "I went down in the basement, and she was gone, so she went out the basement door, which was unlocked, and we haven't seen her since."

this is how its written it just sounds like they're just giving quotes

"Early afternoon" could be a 3-6 hours lapse between when she was last seen and when they called the sheriff, considering early afternoon is 12pm-3pm (per google).

(awaiting someone coming along to say they consider 5:45 pm early afternoon)

Early afternoon is generally considered between noon and 3pm-ish.

So I'm seeing this scenario:

Summer is outside with mom & gma just like mom says, then she goes in the house somewhere arount maybe 2pm. A couple of minutes later, mom goes in too and Summer is not in there. Mom, gma, the boys start searching for Summer and can't find her. At some point she calls DW, then she or he (or both) call 911 and report her missing at 6:30.

Early afternoon to 6:30 when she was reported missing is at minimum, 3.5 hours if we're being generous and saying it was 3pm Summer was last seen. That does seem like an awfully long time when a child is missing and cannot be located.

jmo

Most members of local LE grew up in these mountains. They are familiar with the behavior of scavenging animals. There are bears, coyotes, wild hog, vultures, etc. around here. All of which will do exactly what their instincts drive them to do. No doubt in my mind, these folks have been looking to the sky during the daylight and listening during the night for any signs of scavenging activity.

It has been 9 days.

I realize that is offputting. But, if she did wander into the woods, nature may be the only way she is found.

I'll probably be repeating similar thoughts but I just listen to the press conference and jotted some things down..

I wonder if "circumstances remain unclear" is in reference to the timeline of that day. Especially since we know she was reported missing around 6:30, and Leslie states Summer was last seen "early afternoon." I'm wondering if they mean that's the last time she was seen by someone other than family? Early afternoon means around 1-2 for me. If that's the last time she was seen by Candus and wasn't reported missing for several hours, huge red flag. So I'm wondering if that's in reference to someone outside of the family seeing her. Maybe they are trying to insinuate that there are several hours unaccounted for.

The mention of looking at places she could "wad up" hurt my heart. As well as the confirmation of them using cadaver dogs - although I had assumed they were. :(

Another direct quote when asked about that day - "We can't release any more than what we've already provided. We know that she was supposedly with family members outside of her home, seen going into the home, when mother went to check on her she was not in the house."

Is it that they don't know anything different about the timeline, or that they can't release any more about that day. That stood out to me.

Another thing that stood out to me, when Leslie was asked about the billboards seen in Myrtle Beach area, She noted that TBI doesn't coordinate that. While she said they appreciate the effort, I felt that she wanted to make it clear that they weren't involved in those being put up - possibly insinuating that they don't feel there is a need for something like that outside of the area. Jmo

When asked about the timeline, Leslie said Summer was “supposedly” (Leslie’s word, not mine), outside planting flowers, Mother said Summer went into the house, Mother then went into the house and Summer was gone, Summer was reported missing by family at 6:30pm. Then when asked when Summer was last seen, Leslie said she was last seen “early afternoon”. Does that mean last seen early afternoon by someone other than family member?
Otherwise, why wasn’t last seen time given as the time the Mom/family saw her while planting flowers shortly before she went missing. I’m confused by the last seen early afternoon. I wish someone would’ve asked to clarify if that meant last seen by someone other than family. Maybe I’m missing something, this case has my head spinning in circles….;)

Where are you sweet Summer?

IMHOO

I noticed that Leslie used the past tense a few times when talking about Summer but. that might not really mean anything. It’s easy to slip into that and not notice.

Sorry but for LE to say they have no confirmed info. on when she was last seen when there were 5 family members present is very odd. Why wouldn't they say she was last seen at such and such a time by (insert family member/members)..doesn't make sense.

thats what i was thinking. the last confirmed sighting by someone outside the family
I tried but I cannot hear the exact wording of the question from the journalist. I can only hear the "last seen" part.

But, if it was several hours, I guess that would explain when DW got home from his jobsite that neighbors and local folks were already out looking for Summer. I mean if mom & grandma called around to the neighbors, and the church, then, they'd all be out there.

And IIRC, DW said he also got there before LE did, so I'm guessing the 911 call was made after DW got home. Purely speculation though.

The outpouring of support in the community make it pretty clear these folks do step up, so that part does make sense.

jmo

SBM
I think a lot of people are putting way, way too much emphasis on the circumstances being unclear.

I agree. IMO, the circumstances are unclear - they don't know the circumstances; they have no proof of where Summer went and what happened to her. I think there are so many unknowns in this case that we begin to pick apart every little thing that anyone involved says looking for answers.

I've been looking at satellite images of the property from different angles. There appears to be a clearing (can't tell how high the vegetation is in the clearing) along the circular driveway where there seems to be power lines. The clearing leads to Beech Creek and a larger clearing along Beech Creek Rd. I wonder if Summer's brothers or other family members used it as a short cut to the small creek or even as a shortcut to a friend's house. I can see Summer walking through the clearing more than I can imagine her walking through the woods. It's very close to Beech Creek Rd. at that spot. If she did go to the creek, maybe she walked out to the road for some reason. I don't think it's probable but it is possible that someone known or unknown to her abducted her up while she was along Beech Creek Rd.

Sorry but for LE to say they have no confirmed info. on when she was last seen when there were 5 family members present is very odd. Why wouldn't they say she was last seen at such and such a time by (insert family member/members)..doesn't make sense.
Early on (June 15) LE said:

Sheriff Ronnie Lawson told News 5 Summer Wells' siblings were the last to see her, shortly before 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
AMBER ALERT: Search continues for 5-year-old Hawkins County girl

I think it changed either during or after the first press conference.

Anyone know if the basement door is close to the flowers being planted?
No. The flower planting was by the camper which is on the main house level. The basement is down a slope and the door unfortunately opens out where it cannot be seen from that main level. JMO

Credit WJHL
Search for Summer: Photos of Beech Creek property where Summer was last seen | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Image-from-iOS-8-3.jpg

click to enlarge

That's the back end of the white camper on the right where they were planting flowers at the other end by the door. If SW exited that lower and back basement door, no one would have seen her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi