AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Candus appears to heavily indulge in social media and recording their day to day activities.
This is good for LE and the Wells.
No matter where it leads I believe up until the moment Summer disappeared she had been an open book.
That will help establish heaps IMO

Does anyone know if the time that swimming video was filmed can be determined? I'm guessing it can be but I don't know for sure.

That would beg the question why did she take such a circuitous route? She could not see out the basement windows. JMO
Did she? Mr Wells said that grandma's where they were planting flowers was only 20 feet from the door. She walked through the room (living room?) where the boys were on the internet and went downstairs to her room.
Mom said she watched her return to the home.
She is 5 years old. I don't believe she would have thought to walk around the house to the basement door and it also sounds like it is usually locked.

Does anyone know if the time that swimming video was filmed can be determined? I'm guessing it can be but I don't know for sure.
I would hope that the teen who accompanied them, would know when he was dropped off at home afterwards.....at least approximately. There may also be cameras on the route home with timestamps, I assume Candus was driving that red car?

Trying to go through Summer's actions that day by what has been released.

So, a five year old girl outside with mom and gma planting flowers, wants to go in the house. After going inside, siblings get the impression little girl is going to basement to play with toys. Little girl goes back outside through basement door.

Assuming she went in the house via a front door, since she passed siblings to go to basement.

Did she see someone/something in the yard? I still have abduction on my mind, probably because she went missing so quickly. And not by a stranger, no clue as to whom, just someone she was comfortable meeting/seeing.

Did she? Mr Well said that grandma's where they were planting flowers was only 20 feet from the door. She walked through the room (living room?) where the boys were on the internet and went downstairs to her room.
Mom said she watched her return to the home.
She is 5 years old. I don't believe she would have thought to walk around the house to the basement door and it also sounds like it is usually locked.

I was referring to the last paragraph in @Willow Knight post. If she saw someone in the yard, why go through the house to get to them?

This is probably a bit of stretch, i'm probably clutching at straws now at this point, but the thought just occured to me, so I thought i'd share it...

Could this potentially be a Shannon Matthews type incident?
(Her Mum pretended she had been abducted, when actually she hidden at a relatives for over a month. She got the idea after seeing how much reward money was put up when Madeline McCann went missing, it was meant to be that the relative would release Shannon and then claim the reward money and it would be split between them.)

If it was, it could/would mean dear little Summer might still be alive.
I also considered the possibility that Summer has been hidden, but is safe and cared for. The family did not start a Go Fund Me campaign, which they might do if they wanted money. In one interview, a reporter asked DW if he was aware of a $25,000 reward; DW told him no. I was surprised that he would not be informed when the reward was first offered. Another reason for hiding a child could be the desire for attention or a vindictive act against a spouse. I hope the Wells family thank LE and the searchers often.

I would hope that the teen who accompanied them, would know when he was dropped off at home afterwards.....at least approximately. There may also be cameras on the route home with timestamps, I assume Candus was driving that red car?

I wonder if her brothers went on the swim that day? I didn't see them in the video. If Summer's brothers didn't want to go for a swim as long as Mom and Summer were going, I'd be surprised.
ETA: changed brother to brothers

Last edited:
I wonder if her brothers went on the swim that day? I didn't see them in the video. If Summer's brother didn't want to go for a swim as long as Mom and Summer were going, I'd be surprised.
Apparently not. I had read that somewhere in the beginning but am unable to provide a link. I also remember a post that questioned why the boys wouldn't want to go along to the swimming hole.

IF that TikTok video posted of Summer swimming was indeed from earlier the day she went missing, she would probably be really tired afterwards. She’s only 5. Not sure, if anything, how that would tie into the rest of the day before she’s reported missing. IMO

I’m curious to know if Summer knows how to swim. It didn’t really look like it from the video since she seemed to just be splashing around and not actually swimming. If she can’t, then an accidental drowning is much more likely. Does anyone know where that swimming spot is located? Is it near the house? Maybe she went back to swim some more?

Could she have been hit by a car? Perhaps it was a complete accident, and the driver panicked. The driver could have removed her from the scene and taken her elsewhere. I read in a previous post that her scent "supposedly" (that seems to be a big word today) stopped at the road ... so ... maybe it's possible?

Could she have been hit by a car? Perhaps it was a complete accident, and the driver panicked. The driver could have removed her from the scene and taken her elsewhere. I read in a previous post that her scent "supposedly" (that seems to be a big word today) stopped at the road ... so ... maybe it's possible?
This scenario has been brought up in quite a few cases, but I’ve never once seen it pan out.

Usually there is some evidence of a car impact (tire marks, blood, car parts).

Also, in normal hit and run events, they don’t take the victim with them.

It’s of course possible, but I’m not a huge fan of the scenario.

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

He said his wife called him at work in Jonesborough and he told her to hang up and call 911, and he immediately headed for home.

He arrived before law enforcement, but many of his neighbors were already searching the area around his home on Ben Hill Road.

Bbm

I wonder if mom called the neighbors? Or dad etc. Not a super populated area and that seems fast for them to be there. I may not be wording this properly, I'm a little scatter brained :eek:
A 5-year-old, nonverbal, boy went missing in our neighborhood. A few neighbors joined in the hunt and it was my job to go door to door and ask others to help. At least 30 people were out looking within 5 minutes and LE was contacted immediately. But, our neighborhood is that rural or spaced out. The boy was found within a few minutes and was very close to a deep lake. I can still feel that sense of urgency and fear during that event.

Agreed. We all want exact times, anything tangible or solid to start with. They don't have that. It was an ordinary day. Probably no one knew they'd need to look at the clock or think about things. You wonder if they all get up for breakfast together -- you can normally hang a time on that. Or if they get up whenever they wake up and the kids fix their own cereal. If you faithfully watch the noon news or Y&R, you'll be able to say it was before or after your show.

Time really has no meaning. You wake up when you wake up. You eat when you're hungry. You do a few tasks - or don't if you decide tomorrow's soon enough. The tasks can take any amount of time -- however long it takes two minutes or a few.

No one knew they'd need to be aware because it was a special day.
Total agree, especially in the summer, kids sleep late, no routine schedule. It's rural life.

I seriously doubt any of the adults or kids had on a watch or walks around with their cell phone. Doubt they even have coverage. So time is judged by light and sounds. MOO...no one can pin point an exact time, its summer with no set schedule.

Trying to recall exact times, did the dog bark, was there a car, knowing your child is missing, there's gonna be changes, clarification as nerves start to settle, memory and recall may improve.

My daughter rolled of the sofa at 5 months and bloodied her nose. I became hysteria she had a head injury. My best friend had just arrived, had her car keys in hand and I yelled... lets go to the ER NOW. My husband is bumbling around trying to find his shoes and keys and I leave him. At the ER I was shaking so bad, they took the baby. I could not even tell them her birthday. My heart was pounding, a could barely breath, I can't image what this mother feels.

I understand recall or lack there of, when it comes to parents and kids.
Thanks goodness my hubby was the calm one.

MOO....

Ugh, Roblox... That's exactly what my boy would be doing as well. The thing is though, it can be narrowed down based on when they stopped. Surely as soon as Summer was noticed missing, the boys would've gone out to help search. That's the time.

A few years ago there was a fight right outside my window. It was 2 teenagers, and one was getting pretty pummeled. By the time I decided it was beyond "boys being boys" and I should call 911, I saw my neighbor was already on the phone with the police and going out trying to break up the fight. Well, when the police got here a couple minutes later, the one ran off and the other left in an ambulance. I watched the whole thing. It was probably 3-5 minutes that I stood there watching it. Afterwards, I went out to talk to the police, who at that point were putting up crime scene tape, and they asked me what the boy looked like and what he was wearing. I had no idea beyond "he looked very similar to the victim as far as age and build" and he had blonde curly hair. No idea what he was wearing or anything. I was SO shocked at my bad memory, as I usually have a great memory. My husband asked me later why I didn't record it... that was also something that never even occurred to me (and I'm a millennial, haha).
O/T: When my daughter was 5ish, we were helping my sil move into a rent house. Across the street was a walking trail and an apt. complex. There was a runner who was peering into the apt windows and “pleasuring” himself. I called 911 and within a few minutes 2 cops cars came with their sirens blaring. The jogger got away but I was able to give a description. Before I knew it my daughter came out the house and told the cops that the guy was urinating near the window. She told them he was holding his penis with his left hand. To this day she can give the best description of events and people. Me, not so much.

DW said the boys were watching youtube when Summer came in so we can assume it was on some device.
Most rural area have some form of cable and internet. A lot of times it's a local Co-op.

Cell service is very stretchy in the mountains. The command center had portable cell towers brought in and still had dark zones.

MOO...

Last edited:
Total agree, especially in the summer, kids sleep late, no routine schedule. It's rural life.

I seriously doubt any of the adults or kids had on a watch or walks around with their cell phone. Doubt they even have coverage. So time is judged by light and sounds. MOO...no one can pin point an exact time, its summer with no set schedule.

Trying to recall exact times, did the dog bark, was there a car, knowing your child is missing, there's gonna be changes, clarification as nerves start to settle, memory and recall may improve.

My daughter rolled of the sofa at 5 months and bloodied her nose. I became hysteria she had a head injury. My best friend had just arrived, had her car keys in hand and I yelled... lets go to the ER NOW. My husband is bumbling around trying to find his shoes and keys and I leave him. At the ER I was shaking so bad, they took the baby. I could not even tell them her birthday. My heart was pounding, a could barely breath, I can't image what this mother feels.

I understand recall or lack there of, when it comes to parents and kids.
Thanks goodness my hubby was the calm one.

MOO....
Of course in a moment of emergency and shock you might forget basic information. But I bet you eventually could recall the birthdate.

There has been time to collect thoughts.

jmo

Most rural area have some form of cable and internet. A lot of times it's a local Co-op.

Cell service is very stretchy in the mountains. The command center had portable cell towers brought in and srill had dark zones.

MOO...
With reports of the kids being on youtube and the mom posting on tiktok that day, seems like the family was active on devices and could piece together some sort of timeline.

<modsnip>
jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics