AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm missing something. What time frame is being questioned?

LE is stating that they still do not have clarity about the "circumstances" surrounding the disappearance in general. They have not made a specific reference to the time line.
@Seni @pepper 34 so when the sibling said he saw her go to the basement is not credible?

Hi Swanniee,
This was released in the beginning, first version of events and maybe without a specific time. I imagine that subsequently, LE probed to discover what Summer was doing before she went to basement and heard she was was with Mam and Grandmother.

LE is stating that they still do not have clarity about the "circumstances" surrounding the disappearance in general. They have not made a specific reference to the time line.

Hi Swanniee,
This was released in the beginning, first version of events and maybe without a specific time. I imagine that subsequently, LE probed to discover what Summer was doing before she went to basement and heard she was was with Mam and Grandmother.
Thank you! I think you answered my questions. I like 1st versions, they are usually the truth. IMO

MOO
My youngest is now ten, so doesn't seem mysterious to me why a five year would want to go inside once they tired of an activity, or why she would walk aimlessly through the house seeing what her older brothers were up to (who probably told her to get lost* because they were watching youtube and no one wants their little sister bugging them), then down to the basement and out the door. The basement door faces the driveway and down to the road; the flower pots and trailer are located on the front of the house and there is no line of sight to the back.
The boys weren't paying attention and were inside so what details or timeline could they really give? I'd bet Dad blasted them for not watching their sister once he got home. And getting them to go swimming would probably be difficult, once they were into something online. My kids play endless games so they hardly ever look up even to eat.
So Summer walks aimlessly down the driveway, and no one can see her, and goes to the road. Maybe she thinks she'll wait there until her dad gets home from work and surprise him. So she sits down, gets bored, then decides to walk just a little farther down the road toward the main road. And from there we just don't know.
*I do wonder if my five year old daughter would have told her older brother 'fine, I will get lost' because she was hurt that he wouldn't let her sit with him while he played Minecraft; I would bet she might have done that. She's spunky. Summer is spunky.

This is absolutely making me think of Jayme. LE tore those woods apart and there was just nothing to find, because it turned out a completely random person had appeared out of nowhere and committed the crime. If Jayme hadn't been so resourceful, we never would have learned what happened. I'm starting to think a completely unknown person or persons are involved here.

I’ve thought abduction since day one. That door being open in the basement is a red flag to me.

You're absolutely right. However, the press conference today made me think they don't have any direction to go in at all. And if the family was failing polygraphs or getting caught in lies during interviews with LE, etc., I don't think that press conference today would've gone down like that.

But overall you're right. We really don't know what they have on anything.

But, one thing we know even though nobody in authority has come right out and said it is... They must have some sort of reliable information that leads them to believe that Summer is relatively close to her home (obviously) The cost and size of this investigation seems to be no object. They have not wanted to use anyone but trained S and R personnel. They could have used volunteers for some of the more tame areas such as grid searching fields but haven't done so.

I wonder if they've re-searched the family's home property again? The whole acreage and especially where the junked cars are. There are also several man-made structures out that way next to the cars. I thought one structure was an old trailer but, at just the right angle using Google Earth, it looks more like a long shade roof for animals in the past. Then the smaller, square structure looks like a piece of wood and there's a little darkened space under one part of it that makes it look like it is dug out under the wood; or that the wood is on an uneven surface. I'm sure LE went over it very thoroughly on the day Summer went missing or early the next day but I wonder if they've gone back out there since. I'm sure they have since the TBI woman said today that places have been searched multiple times.

Someone mentioned a geological study of the property. I'd like to see that done, too. We have very small sink holes that can open up in Florida and then collapse in on themselves and just appear like a little dip in the sand. That's what it almost feels like happened to Summer... if everyone is being truthful, then she just disappeared in a matter of minutes.

MOO
My youngest is now ten, so doesn't seem mysterious to me why a five year would want to go inside once they tired of an activity, or why she would walk aimlessly through the house seeing what her older brothers were up to (who probably told her to get lost* because they were watching youtube and no one wants their little sister bugging them), then down to the basement and out the door. The basement door faces the driveway and down to the road; the flower pots and trailer are located on the front of the house and there is no line of sight to the back.
The boys weren't paying attention and were inside so what details or timeline could they really give? I'd bet Dad blasted them for not watching their sister once he got home. And getting them to go swimming would probably be difficult, once they were into something online. My kids play endless games so they hardly ever look up even to eat.
So Summer walks aimlessly down the driveway, and no one can see her, and goes to the road. Maybe she thinks she'll wait there until her dad gets home from work and surprise him. So she sits down, gets bored, then decides to walk just a little farther down the road toward the main road. And from there we just don't know.
*I do wonder if my five year old daughter would have told her older brother 'fine, I will get lost' because she was hurt that he wouldn't let her sit with him while he played Minecraft; I would bet she might have done that. She's spunky. Summer is spunky.

OK, interesting. How does Mom fit in with this scenario?

Sadly at this point I don’t think she will be found. I would be shocked if she was. There’s a lot of wild life out in them woods and decomposition happens very quickly. Absolutely hate saying that it breaks my heart, but it’s true.

You're absolutely right. However, the press conference today made me think they don't have any direction to go in at all. And if the family was failing polygraphs or getting caught in lies during interviews with LE, etc., I don't think that press conference today would've gone down like that.

But overall you're right. We really don't know what they have on anything.
I don't know
Leslie seemed upset and a bit emotional during the presser.
I think they do have a direction but are not saying at this time, while they are still gathering info and data.

I have seen it in other cases.
JMO

@Seni @pepper 34 so when the sibling said he saw her go to the basement is not credible?[/QUOTE said:
Your question isn't attached to any comment I made so could you please refer me to the comment you're referring to? I have no suspicion that the brothers were not being truthful. I didn't mean to imply anything like that at all.

ETA: correct quoted post and making a mess of it. For some reason the quote was done incorrectly by the program and now I've placed the correct quote but it appears in the dark grey bar at the top.
But, the answer is no... I have no way of knowing if the brother is credible or not and did not mean to imply that he was being anything but truthful. He's a victim.

Last edited:
comments are interesting
Omg, reading those comments destroyed some brain cells, that may be the stupidest game of telephone I've ever witnessed.
They must only get their news from FB comments as they seem completely uninformed of any facts from MSM.
I'm so glad that kind of garbage isn't allowed here, FB is the absolute worst!
ETA: thank you for the heads up, I haven't looked at FB comments for a while, they're crazy.

OK, interesting. How does Mom fit in with this scenario?
MOO - again
I would place mom up front with grandma, per the narrative. She probably did wonder why Summer didn't come back outside, and maybe assumed she was inside with her brothers or with her toys. She wasn't worried - why would she worry if one of the kids went into the house? It would have only been after she went inside for whatever reason and looked for her, went back outside and called again, checked with grandma, and looked around the yard, that it would have dawned on her that Summer wasn't there.
Her reaction depends on her parenting style - does she hover? Or are the kids free-ranging? Hovering mom would panic. Free-range mom would not.

With reports of the kids being on youtube and the mom posting on tiktok that day, seems like the family was active on devices and could piece together some sort of timeline.

<modsnip>
jmo

Today in the press conference we were told that no search warrants were issued and the family had been very cooperative. Assume that would also take into account the info from phones and other devices supplied by family? To the contrary, a search warrant could have been issued? If there had been any doubts?

I’m curious to know if Summer knows how to swim. It didn’t really look like it from the video since she seemed to just be splashing around and not actually swimming. If she can’t, then an accidental drowning is much more likely. Does anyone know where that swimming spot is located? Is it near the house? Maybe she went back to swim some more?

IF Summer drowned (and I don't believe she did) then I would consider it neglect, not an accident. She's 5 and needs supervision. If going back on her own was possible then I'd think LE would have searched there first. I don't think the swimming spot location has been stated anywhere yet but I could be wrong.

I have a feeling it was a horse being trained to pull or drive and was at the "add something to drag" phase and it didn't go well!

If Summer has indeed passed on, I hope she swatted that horse on the behind and sent him through the middle of her press conference. She is just so mischievous looking and seems so full of life in the photos that I could totally see her doing that and it makes me smile to think it. MOO.

‘It’s in the past, and we’ll leave it there’: Father of Summer Wells addresses criminal history | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

The father of missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells has a criminal history in Utah, Arkansas, and Tennessee.

In Arkansas, Wells was charged with possession of controlled counterfeit substances without a prescription and burglary between 2006 to 2007.

Information obtained by our sister station KTVX shows that Wells faced multiple charges in Utah from 1990 to 2001.

Wells was charged with attempted aggravated assault, interfering with a public servant, forgery, burglary of a dwelling and theft in the state.

[...]

TBI said in a press conference that the Wells family has been very cooperative with investigators throughout their search efforts.

‘It’s in the past, and we’ll leave it there’: Father of Summer Wells addresses criminal history | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

The father of missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells has a criminal history in Utah, Arkansas, and Tennessee.

In Arkansas, Wells was charged with possession of controlled counterfeit substances without a prescription and burglary between 2006 to 2007.

Information obtained by our sister station KTVX shows that Wells faced multiple charges in Utah from 1990 to 2001.

Wells was charged with attempted aggravated assault, interfering with a public servant, forgery, burglary of a dwelling and theft in the state.

[...]

TBI said in a press conference that the Wells family has been very cooperative with investigators throughout their search efforts.
those are years ago! people can change. the leader of my heroin anonymous group robbed a bank and hes an incredible man now. someones past charges especially when we don't know details and context of it i feel are irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ