Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I agree that CWB was quite credible in her interview with CM but her behaviour since has been questionable IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that they should look out for each other.
However, when there is a missing child, (and not the first in that family), then the truth needs to be spoken.
I agree. My mother would do anything in the world for me, and she has.

But if she ever thought I hurt one of her grandchildren, she would not cover for me.

However. I was not raised in a dysfunctional family with criminal histories all around. I think that needs to be taken into context.

Saying that the boys were locked in "nobody in, nobody out" implies some sort of lock setup where keys would be needed to leave the house, as well as to enter the house as is usual. That is a really strange thing to think about...imagine being locked into a house and unable to leave....what would the purpose of doing this? Also, I feel certain it would against fire code to lock children into a house. How would they get out if there was a fire if they were locked in?
I don’t think the children were locked in, as in a key was used to lock them in and they didn’t have access to a key to unlock the door. I think it is more likely that “nobody in, nobody out” is a house rule for the kids when there isn’t a parent at home, say if dad is at work and mom runs to the store for bread or milk. Apparently—per DW— the Wells already had an open case with CPS which, IIRC he stated they were “about to close.” I think CBW’s statement may have been with that in mind. I think it is meant to convey the idea that they are good parents, they are not neglectful, they set boundaries and limits, and the kids are safe if home alone.

I feel the same! I feel that theyre being quiet for a reason!! I don’t understand why DW can’t stay off YouTube
The quieter they are, the more DW talks. CM has referred to him as “the gift that keeps on giving.” He just can’t seem to stop talking. He did a live interview tonight with DW’s stepsister, Mary. At the end he stated he has only released two calls he had with DW, but that he has 12 recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seRn30N6geg

I thought during the interview with CM he said he thought Summer's grandma was involved because she was "mean." Then he went on to say she was like other old people and compared her to his grandmother. I think he called his own grandmother another name but I don't remember what it was. He said he didn't want to stay with her for some reason. Imo
Mean? More likely they have rules and expect him to follow them. No vapes, no twisted tea, etc., might equal “mean”, too.

Been thinking what all LE could be using to investigate. Particularly to verify CB's timeline and statements. Here are some of my thoughts.

Cell Tower Pings.
GPS
Gma Candice interview
The siblings interview
Evidence inside and outside the house.
Individuals that saw the family out and about.

I've been on the fence since day one, however, my main theory of possibilities is DW has made many enemies. If others believed that DW's most precious gift is his daughter, could it be revenge? Not too long ago a teen went into a toddler's bedroom at night, murdered the little boy. This teen was told to stay away from the household because of the twin toddlers a few days prior to the crime. Many believe the teen did this because of anger and revenge.

Someone may feel that DW did them wrong, such as a past employee, a vagrant, a drug dealer. Someone in DW's recent past, someone he angered recently. KWIM?

Please let us bring Summer home soon.

Mean? More likely they have rules and expect him to follow them. No vapes, no twisted tea, etc., might equal “mean”, too.
Yes, that's how I interpreted it. I've asked for examples of what she has said or done to imply that she was involved in Summer's disappearance, or why she would cover for herself, her grandchildren, or her daughter, but so far haven't seen any answers.

I'm still not sure what those assumptions are based on, since she hasn't been involved in any interviews other than a few statements in one article.

The only indication I've seen is from the interview with CM when he asked H why he thought grandma was involved, and H said it was because she was mean. That's hardly evidence that she was involved or is covering for someone, especially coming from a 15 year old. IMO

I don’t think the children were locked in, as in a key was used to lock them in and they didn’t have access to a key to unlock the door. I think it is more likely that “nobody in, nobody out” is a house rule for the kids when there isn’t a parent at home, say if dad is at work and mom runs to the store for bread or milk. Apparently—per DW— the Wells already had an open case with CPS which, IIRC he stated they were “about to close.” I think CBW’s statement may have been with that in mind. I think it is meant to convey the idea that they are good parents, they are not neglectful, they set boundaries and limits, and the kids are safe if home alone.
I’m not sure about that. CW had to walk SW to the door. Why? To let her in? And then when she went out the door in the CM tour she habitually locked it behind her. Maybe they did have access to a key but it seems like to get in or out you would have needed one

When Candus showed the house to Chris McDonough, they exited out of the back door down stairs. I did notice her using a key to exit the door. Also, she turned around and locked it as she left.

Hopefully a minor did not vape, <modsnip> Why did Hunter go up in to the woods? Speculative question.
I would assume he went into the woods to drink the Twisted Tea where he wouldn't be seen. As far as vaping, I think teenagers prefer vaping to cigarettes because it tastes better and it doesn't leave a strong smell of smoke. That way they can be more discrete. Imo

I would assume he went into the woods to drink the Twisted Tea where he wouldn't be seen. As far as vaping, I think teenagers prefer vaping to cigarettes because it tastes better and it doesn't leave a strong smell of smoke. That way they can be more discrete. Imo
IMO he wouldn't need to go into the woods since the 'adults' were a-ok with a minor drinking alcohol on just another day ending in 'y'.

Especially since it’s alleged that they haven’t spoken for a year. I’m on the fence as far as theories go, but I do wonder if she got H to have an alibi for a time. MOO.
I wouldn't say they hadn't spoken in a year. The fallout from what I can gather was in October. So more like 8 months. From what H says I believe they were communicating via snapchat during those months.

Especially since it’s alleged that they haven’t spoken for a year. I’m on the fence as far as theories go, but I do wonder if she got H to have an alibi for a time. MOO.

I suspect they have been communicating from time to time by social media over the year, I doubt they were out of touch for a year, even if they hadn't seen each other. JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I agree that CWB was quite credible in her interview with CM but her behaviour since has been questionable IMO.

I bet CW never thought that by her daughter disappearing that her life (and DW’s) would be ripped to shreds and vilified to say the least. I have seen people lose their for less.

I’m not sure about that. CW had to walk SW to the door. Why? To let her in? And then when she went out the door in the CM tour she habitually locked it behind her. Maybe they did have access to a key but it seems like to get in or out you would have needed one
CW said she only walked Summer to the steps, so the door probably was not locked.

When she opened the basement door, she didn't use a key. It looked like she just turned the lock to open it. Then when she locked it again, it looked like she locked it from the inside and then shut the door.

CM said she used a key for the gate at the end of the driveway, so I think he would have mentioned it if she used a key. I wonder if he noticed any keys hanging by the door.

I don't think it's been confirmed whether or not the basement door was locked when Summer disappeared. Nobody in the family seems to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey