AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, it didn't look like flyers were passed out, nor people questioned for information about finding Summer ?
It's doubtful if she was abducted that the kidnappers would let her walk around freely anywhere.
There are better ways to find a kidnapped child; and it's looking from LE that they never thought this was an option from the start.
So where does that leave us ?
Imo.

Last edited:
From the TBI faqs here: AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

Why did you release information about a Toyota Truck? An individual who travels through the area regularly as part of his job stated that he recalls possibly seeing a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack and white buckets in the truck bed. The individual stated that the truck might have been parked in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th. That vehicle was not captured on surveillance cameras. In an effort to cover all bases and identify the driver, the TBI, in agreement with the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI, released the vehicle description. Our hope was that the individual might have information that could help the investigation. The driver has not come forward, nor have the hundreds of vehicles reported to us as matching the description panned out.

This truck does not exist, IMO, or if it did, it was a different day.

From the TBI faqs here: AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

Why did you release information about a Toyota Truck? An individual who travels through the area regularly as part of his job stated that he recalls possibly seeing a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack and white buckets in the truck bed. The individual stated that the truck might have been parked in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th. That vehicle was not captured on surveillance cameras. In an effort to cover all bases and identify the driver, the TBI, in agreement with the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI, released the vehicle description. Our hope was that the individual might have information that could help the investigation. The driver has not come forward, nor have the hundreds of vehicles reported to us as matching the description panned out.

This truck does not exist, IMO, or if it did, it was a different day.
"MIGHT" and "POSSIBLY" sure shows up a lot there, and you even missed underlining a couple lol
I totally agree that (while yes it needed to be investigated) the possibly spotted maroon truck is of no relation to what happened to Summer.

Sadly, it didn't look like flyers were passed out, nor people questioned for information about finding Summer ?
It's doubtful if she was abducted that the kidnappers would let her walk around freely anywhere.
There are better ways to find a kidnapped child; and it's looking from LE that they never thought this was an option from the start.
Imo.
At least it seems like LE has questioned the neighbors and searched their properties, contrary to some of the rumors we've heard. LE again declined to clarify the timeline, which has been the source of much speculation online. There must be something awfully important IMO about those hours even though LE continues to say there's no evidence of an abduction.

Also, the latest information about the red truck seems to be a little different from what was presented earlier, less sure that such a truck exists. Is it possible it was DW or CB who initially reported it? Weren't they the ones who had posted a picture of a similar truck in social media that TBI warned was not accurate? I know DW mistakenly said the truck had been found.

AMBER Alert – Summer Wells
8/4/2021:
It has been brought to our attention that a photo of what the truck may look like has been circulating on social media, along with claims that the vehicle has been located. This is not accurate.

UPDATED 11/10/21:
When was Summer last seen?
Her mother reports last seeing her on the afternoon of June 15th at their home in the 100 block of Ben Hill Road. In order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, we will not provide additional information regarding the timeline.

Have you questioned neighbors and searched their properties? Yes.

At least it seems like LE has questioned the neighbors and searched their properties, contrary to some of the rumors we've heard. LE again declined to clarify the timeline, which has been the source of much speculation online. There must be something awfully important IMO about those hours even though LE continues to say there's no evidence of an abduction.

Also, the latest information about the red truck seems to be a little different from what was presented earlier, less sure that such a truck exists. Is it possible it was DW or CB who initially reported it? Weren't they the ones who had posted a picture of a similar truck in social media that TBI warned was not accurate? I know DW mistakenly said the truck had been found.

AMBER Alert – Summer Wells
8/4/2021:
It has been brought to our attention that a photo of what the truck may look like has been circulating on social media, along with claims that the vehicle has been located. This is not accurate.

UPDATED 11/10/21:
When was Summer last seen?
Her mother reports last seeing her on the afternoon of June 15th at their home in the 100 block of Ben Hill Road. In order to preserve the integrity of the investigation, we will not provide additional information regarding the timeline.

Have you questioned neighbors and searched their properties? Yes.
bbm
Apologies , was quoting the post above mine that referred to the trip to LA; and accidentally deleted it when fixing a typo.

Great post @MsMarple; esp. agree with the part I bolded.

I agree that LE have gone above and beyond in searching for Summer !

They are still without answers leading to a resolution or justice for Summer if needed.
That alone is telling.
I don't think LE are revealing their hand anytime soon.
This has become a waiting game -- and from following past cases -- LE are patient.
They're not going to walk away from Summer.
MOO.

Well, they say they have searched in water. So, that is good.

Since all of this happened, people (in addition to LE, official search groups) have searched the woods. I don't specifically know which woods, but these people did not get involved until many official searches had taken place.

Also, there have been individuals taking it upon themselves to post flyers. WSer Chi has posted about doing this. So, missing posters are out there.

There are also billboards featuring SW's photo(s). I think some have the red dress photo and at least one has also another photo with her very short hair taken closer to the date she went missing. But, the TBI did put up a billboard very soon after SW went missing.

At this point, if SW is still alive somewhere, there are and have been chances for people to be aware of this. her appearance may have changed quite a bit. Her hair color might have been deliberately changed, for example. But, she also might be taller, she might have gained some weight. Her hair is probably longer than it was, probably somewhere in between red dress photo and very short hair she had on 6/15. She could be dressed as boy or a girl, who knows.

I have to go read the TBI's complete FAQ. I so appreciate them putting it out. If they are not confirming the timeline, then either they cannot confirm it for some reason or there are major clues in it.

ETA: i have read the FAQ. I think they have searched for her pretty thoroughly.

So, if she is not abducted then what? I am kind of thinking they're saying that unless we have some sort of direct knowledge of what went on that day in that location, we can't really help them. Or i guess, more specifically, Summer. Moo, but that is kind of how i took it. Obviously, i don't know anything just like most other people worried about Summer.

Last edited:
Imo.

Where that leaves us is hopefully not with a bungled investigation. Jmo

Well, they say they have searched in water. So, that is good.

Since all of this happened, people (in addition to LE, official search groups) have searched the woods. I don't specifically know which woods, but these people did not get involved until many official searches had taken place.

Also, there have been individuals taking it upon themselves to post flyers. WSer Chi has posted about doing this. So, missing posters are out there.

There are also billboards featuring SW's photo(s). I think some have the red dress photo and at least one has also another photo with her very short hair taken closer to the date she went missing. But, the TBI did put up a billboard very soon after SW went missing.

At this point, if SW is still alive somewhere, there are and have been chances for people to be aware of this. her appearance may have changed quite a bit. Her hair color might have been deliberately changed, for example. But, she also might be taller, she might have gained some weight. Her hair is probably longer than it was, probably somewhere in between red dress photo and very short hair she had on 6/15. She could be dressed as boy or a girl, who knows.

I have to go read the TBI's complete FAQ. I so appreciate them putting it out. If they are not confirming the timeline, then either they cannot confirm it for some reason or there are major clues in it.

ETA: i have read the FAQ. I think they have searched for her pretty thoroughly.

So, if she is not abducted then what? I am kind of thinking they're saying that unless we have some sort of direct knowledge of what went on that day in that location, we can't really help them. Or i guess, more specifically, Summer. Moo, but that is kind of how i took it. Obviously, i don't know anything just like most other people worried about Summer.
bbm
Excellent points. ^^^

Re. the bolded, after all of this time and LE are still saying nothing -- it nevertheless speaks volumes.
It's as if something is weighing on their minds and some clue that will break this case wide open.
I keep going back to other older cases where someone started opening up and what prompted that ?
And LE still have cleared no one.
Imo.

Last edited:
bbm
Excellent points. ^^^

Re. the bolded, after all of this time and LE are still saying nothing -- it nevertheless speaks volumes.
It's as if something is weighing on their minds and some clue that will break this case wide open.
I keep going back to other older cases where someone started opening up and what prompted that ?
And LE still have cleared no one.
Imo.
That pesky timeline, not a rumor. Maybe now would be good time for CW.CH, DW, and the TBI to get together do a presser,and clear things up. Get it all out there to make it clear what are facts, and what are the rumors. For once and for all. For Summers sake. MOO

Do you think LE knows something that has made them pretty much rule out abduction? Or just lack of evidence of abduction?
I think they know for a fact there wasn't an abduction, because they have evidence that points directly at someone (or some people).

Hence them keeping the timeline under wraps, and executing multiple search warrants on the house.

I think they know what this is, but just can't prove it yet.

I think they know for a fact there wasn't an abduction, because they have evidence that points directly at someone (or some people).

Hence them keeping the timeline under wraps, and executing multiple search warrants on the house.

Thanks MassGuy and wow! That's what I wanted to know, so they actually have an idea then of what probably happened.

Unless I overlooked it, TBI has not stated this is a foul play case either. The search of the area and resources used could be from a little girl who wandered away from her home. I honestly don’t think LE knows what happened to Summer. I do believe they continue to be perturbed by social media rumors. That’s a constant in their messages. IMO

The 911 call/s too. TBI, LE Have those too. So they know if someone said they took walk or not. What time they said it was. If DW Arrived before or after LE, if road blocks were up or not. If the dogs were there or not. MOO

I think so too, I just can't figure out how the disappearing wasn't sloppy (that we know of) and every other thing since has been. I mean seriously, it's been a show. MOO.

I think so too, I just can't figure out how the disappearing wasn't sloppy (that we know of) and every other thing since has been. I mean seriously, it's been a **** show. MOO.
Yeah, this is why I still put Summer just having wandered away pretty high on my list of possibilities.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence of a stranger abduction except for the truck, and that seems flimsy at best. But if we're talking about foul play or an accident and a cover up involving the family, then the time window it happened in is very limited (~3 hours between Summer being seen by a non-family member and the 911 calls) and there were multiple people at the house. By now LE has had time to analyze the location data from all 3 of the adults' phones and to question them and the boys separately. It's hard for me to see how a cover up would have survived that. Now maybe it hasn't, and they're just biding their time and waiting for a few more pieces of evidence before they bring charges.

But LE's behavior is also consistent to me with just not having much evidence. If Summer did actually wander away and the searches have failed to find her body, then LE would be left with no evidence of an abduction, the confusing and frequently incoherent statements from the parents, a concerning criminal history, and a missing child. In that case it would be very hard to rule out the parents, but there also wouldn't be any evidence of foul play.

I guess time will tell. If it was foul play, then I imagine they won't wait forever to bring charges.

Nice to see you posting here :)

The missing sister has always kind of bothered me. It's a puzzle piece that doesn't fit. Statistically, what are the chances?
I actually tried looking up these chances. It’s INCREDIBLY rare. I don’t have access to LE databases for actual statistics but from my searching and asking, it’s more rare than being hit by lightning multiple times.

As an aside, I don’t have proof Bc this is IMO but I suspect that in the rare cases there are multiple missing people within a family that there is often a common link. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko