AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is why I still put Summer just having wandered away pretty high on my list of possibilities.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence of a stranger abduction except for the truck, and that seems flimsy at best. But if we're talking about foul play or an accident and a cover up involving the family, then the time window it happened in is very limited (~3 hours between Summer being seen by a non-family member and the 911 calls) and there were multiple people at the house. By now LE has had time to analyze the location data from all 3 of the adults' phones and to question them and the boys separately. It's hard for me to see how a cover up would have survived that. Now maybe it hasn't, and they're just biding their time and waiting for a few more pieces of evidence before they bring charges.

But LE's behavior is also consistent to me with just not having much evidence. If Summer did actually wander away and the searches have failed to find her body, then LE would be left with no evidence of an abduction, the confusing and frequently incoherent statements from the parents, a concerning criminal history, and a missing child. In that case it would be very hard to rule out the parents, but there also wouldn't be any evidence of foul play.

I guess time will tell. If it was foul play, then I imagine they won't wait forever to bring charges.
Like you I still believe it's possible Summer wandered off. Lately though the feeling's not as strong since DW IIRC said somewhere that he continues to search his own property. So if Summer wandered off and expired it would have to be further out and the further out it gets the muddier the possibilities.

For example little Jesse Wilson was eventually found over 10 miles from his home in a remote field. Even though LE believes his adoptive mother is responsible the autopsy was undetermined so while the distance was suspicious there was nothing to definitively say foul play occurred.

And we also have the West boys. I don't believe they wandered off but 10 months later there have been no arrests and again, if they were found tomorrow how could LE even tell what happened without some pretty clear forensic evidence?

And of course there's Isabel Celis. IMO her case is a cautionary tale warning against jumping to conclusions.

If she was found deceased, what would be needed to determine exactly what happened to Summer after all these months? Other than a straight up confession I'm at a loss. MOO.

I have considered the possibility that much of the timeline actually doesn't include SW. Idk how that could be, but it would explain some things.

Such as why we really don't have that much information about what SW did and said. She seems to have just sat in the back seat most of the day while CB meandered all over starting early in the morning until way in the afternoon. I mean, it is possible, that's what she did. But, she's five, so...

What the alternative to that is, i have no idea. What it means if it's wrong, idk. Why it would be wrong, idk. I mean, at first i thought some relatively trivial things might have been hidden, but I don't think that now. But, people can make mistakes, so there's that.

I'm all over the place on this case. Like others, I wonder if there is a connection between Summer and her missing Aunt. I also wonder if there's some connection between shaving Summer's hair and missing. It would be very easy for someone to have Summer and people see her and think she's a boy. Or did someone mistake her for one of her brothers? But why would she go out through the basement? That just doesn't make sense to me. And who was the red truck? And is it even connected?

There are only so many options:
  1. Someone took her
  2. She wandered off and got lost
  3. An epic level cover up took place with five witnesses.
The missing sister has always kind of bothered me. It's a puzzle piece that doesn't fit. Statistically, what are the chances?

Having one tragedy doesn’t immunize the family from more. It’s very odd, but also very dissimilar: an adult with marital woes who lied about meeting up with a cousin vs a child who disappeared. JMO.

I have considered the possibility that much of the timeline actually doesn't include SW. Idk how that could be, but it would explain some things.

Such as why we really don't have that much information about what SW did and said. She seems to have just sat in the back seat most of the day while CB meandered all over starting early in the morning until way in the afternoon. I mean, it is possible, that's what she did. But, she's five, so...

What the alternative to that is, i have no idea. What it means if it's wrong, idk. Why it would be wrong, idk. I mean, at first i thought some relatively trivial things might have been hidden, but I don't think that now. But, people can make mistakes, so there's that.

I have no idea either. Gone through quite a few thought processes about Summers' disappearance and feel like I am not much further along than I was when I got the first Amber Alert. The latest info from TBI didn't change anything for me.

You know what has bugged me from the start? The initial dispatch of a 4yr old (not a 5yr old) and Mom taking a walk. And that Summer's birthdate is not listed everywhere.

I have no idea either. Gone through quite a few thought processes about Summers' disappearance and feel like I am not much further along than I was when I got the first Amber Alert. The latest info from TBI didn't change anything for me.

You know what has bugged me from the start? The initial dispatch of a 4yr old and Mom taking a walk. And that Summer's birthdate is not listed anywhere.

The initial 911 communications can be a bit inaccurate in my experience. And it’s not really incorrect, insofar as it conveys that she was last seen outside by her mother and on foot (ie not in a car). JMO.

I think they know for a fact there wasn't an abduction, because they have evidence that points directly at someone (or some people).

Hence them keeping the timeline under wraps, and executing multiple search warrants on the house.

I think they know what this is, but just can't prove it yet.

I agree. Just like the Delphi murders, although I hope it won't take that long.

I would love to hear from Grandma.I'll never understand her leaving with everything going on.

I'd love to hear from her as well. She was supposed to return in October if I remember correctly.

I'm assuming she did not?

The initial 911 communications can be a bit inaccurate in my experience. And it’s not really incorrect, insofar as it conveys that she was last seen outside by her mother and on foot (ie not in a car). JMO.
They can be, for sure.
Can you explain what you mean about it not being incorrect? Did you interpret it to be that CW had taken a walk to try and locate Summer? Because I interpreted it to mean that CW had gone for a walk, and in that time, Summer had disappeared. I guess I need to go back and re-listen.

The odd part about reporting age 4 instead of 5 is that I think it's unlikely for the dispatch to change something like that on the repeat. I think it's much more likely that the caller reported that age. And I wouldn't even have thought much about that, either, except that then there is almost no printed clarification of a birthdate. In my experience, that's nearly always part of the first info dump. D.O.B, gender, physical description, special circumstances, etc.
I find it odd that her D.O.B is not listed everywhere.

Local tv news Channel 11 reports there will be coverage of Summer's case following the Dr. Phil airing tomorrow. I hope there is some transparency forthcoming, especially from LE.

I'm curious to know what others think about LE repeatedly bringing up social media and how it has been problematic in Summer's case. Do ya'll think that is due to the local impact of spreading inaccurate info, and possibly preventing people from coming forward with pertinent info to the investigation?
Or do you think it is related to electronic searches, devices, social media accounts etc in existence prior to Summer's disappearance? Or during/after? Or both? Just wondering what others' thoughts are regarding this. It seems somewhat unusual for LE to spend time on this subject unless there is much more relevance than it being a simple irritant?

At the beginning I thought that Summer had probably wandered, and I still think that is a possibility, although less of a possibility than I once thought.

I never thought that the parents harmed her, either on purpose or accidentally. I'll admit that it hasn't always been easy to maintain this belief because of the disgraceful way they have conducted themselves. For sure they have been their own worst enemies. If it turns out that I am wrong I won't be shocked, but I will be surprised. I don't think that CW has been completely truthful about the timeline after returning home, and reading between the lines, it sounds like TBI doesn't either, but I've always thought that it was to protect herself from being neglectful.

I still think that she was most likely abducted. TBI says that there is no evidence that she was abducted at this time, but that is not to say that there is evidence that she was not abducted. The only way for them to have evidence that she was not abducted, would be if they knew for sure what did happen to her.

I've been avoiding watching DW on YouTube for awhile now, but I do want to see Dr. Phil. I'm at a hotel, and it looks like their cable system doesn't carry a channel that broadcasts Dr. Phil, so I hope there will be a way to view it on line.

Statistics are always interesting to read, but we've seen a lot of cases that have defied the statistics. Who would ever have predicted that Cleo Smith in Australia would be abducted from a tent where she slept with her parents, and that LE would find her 18 days later, apparently physically unharmed -- abducted by a 36 year old man who is obsessed with dolls?!?

Last edited:
It's actually not that surprising that this family has two "missing" family members. It's pretty evident that there are plenty of generational issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, etc. Didn't we talk about the sister being possibly "missing" due to a domestic violence situation? She was an adult, so it's a bit different from Summer's situation, but the issues are still there. Summer is missing and nobody is moving a finger to get their life together. I hope the boys are safe and feel loved.

I think Summer fell victim to negligence.

I thought with all the cases I have been involved with in real life in LE, in SAR and online here at WS, I would be able to pick one scenario over the others, but I'm stumped. With the cold weather on the way, the green vegetation will die off and hunters (legal and illegal) will be out in the woods. If she did wander off, or was taken into the woods to be disposed of, the probability of her remains being located are much higher. I keep mulling over CW jumping in a vehicle to go look for SW in the hollow before LE arrived. My gut is nagging me about that and I can't put my finger on why.

Local tv news Channel 11 reports there will be coverage of Summer's case following the Dr. Phil airing tomorrow. I hope there is some transparency forthcoming, especially from LE.

I'm curious to know what others think about LE repeatedly bringing up social media and how it has been problematic in Summer's case. Do ya'll think that is due to the local impact of spreading inaccurate info, and possibly preventing people from coming forward with pertinent info to the investigation?
Or do you think it is related to electronic searches, devices, social media accounts etc in existence prior to Summer's disappearance? Or during/after? Or both? Just wondering what others' thoughts are regarding this. It seems somewhat unusual for LE to spend time on this subject unless there is much more relevance than it being a simple irritant?

IMO - I feel TBI is getting frustrated with the “how” as it relates to social media. If you type #summerwells into the Twitter search bar, there is a significant observation that can be made. Many tweets with random speculation are tagging the official TBI twitter page. This is likely clogging up what TBI has to wade through not only for Summer’s case but other cases they are working. It takes manpower and can hinder efforts focused on other investigative needs. When you add that those tweets are then retweeted and retweeted tagging TBI I can see where this would become very frustrating, as protocol likely requires each one to be documented and looked into.

From a public perspective I believe this is being done to “put pressure” on LE and get a response such as it did yesterday. However IMO, pressuring and pushing for information is not going to make evidence magically appear if it isn’t there. If there is evidence in some way that points to an individual being involved, TBI may not feel it is solid enough at this time. Their goal is not only going to be an arrest, but a conviction by jury. IMO public wants answers and someone to finally be named to fill in the blank. LE wants that as well, but wants certainty it is enough to lead to a conviction.

I thought with all the cases I have been involved with in real life in LE, in SAR and online here at WS, I would be able to pick one scenario over the others, but I'm stumped. With the cold weather on the way, the green vegetation will die off and hunters (legal and illegal) will be out in the woods. If she did wander off, or was taken into the woods to be disposed of, the probability of her remains being located are much higher. I keep mulling over CW jumping in a vehicle to go look for SW in the hollow before LE arrived. My gut is nagging me about that and I can't put my finger on why.

Ditto, trackergd. The vegetation is definitely well on it's way, now of course there are leaves and a myriad of other plant decay piling up on the ground, but at least the density is lessened. I hate that Summer might have been barefoot and a K9 might have tracked her to the end of the driveway. If they had a decent scent article and the K9(s) and handlers were properly trained and she was alive and on foot...well, that concerns me as to her route of travel because that indicates to me a solid and direct trail. Depositing barefoot scent nonetheless. What happened at the end of the drive? I don't know that I trust the accuracy of that reporting, but if it IS accurate- very concerning that she was either picked up by vehicle there, or she traveled on foot quite a bit farther than thought and the scent was lost due to change in surface and working conditions. I don't know what to think at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3