AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not certain that's accurate. My kid is away at college, I don't even have to look in her closet, she has all of her Chucks at school and one pair of black flats for band concerts. Because those are the shoes she puts on for her day to day business. Even in disorganization, most parents know which shoes belong to which kid and which ones were missing. CW, I think, has been in the midst of what we used to call a nervous breakdown. It's hard to function in a major depressive episode.
You could certainly be right, and there could be some other factors contributing to confusion or as you suggest the hallmarks of depression. I think what I was trying to express was that the mother might not be able to definitively state whether there are missing shoes or not. I tend to suspect not, but that's only a guess.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Here is a news interview with DW from about 2 weeks ago. I don't think it has been shared here before.
I don't remember seeing it.

He states that at first he went to YT for help and FB.

I love how the person interviewing him says 'Is it yes or no' when asked if he is involved with the disappearance of SW.

Summer Wells father speaks after TBI announcement - YouTube

News4 Nashville
12/6/2021

I have been wondering where DW is. He has been unusually quiet for him.

If you look at the interview on Dec. 6th, it looks like a phone interview with DW.
Also the trees in the background are green, not like in Tennessee at this time of year.
Could DW be in another state, south of Tennessee? Maybe rehab?

News4 Nashville

Here is a news interview with DW from about 2 weeks ago. I don't think it has been shared here before.
I don't remember seeing it.

He states that at first he went to YT for help and FB.

I love how the person interviewing him says 'Is it yes or no' when asked if he is involved with the disappearance of SW.

News4 Nashville
12/6/2021

The news outlet opens this piece by saying it has been 'almost 5 months' since Summer went missing, which would put it in early/mid Nov. Not December. Or did I not hear correctly?

Thanks for posting, 2.curious. I just hate it when things are confused by news outlets right out of the gate.

The news outlet opens this piece by saying it has been 'almost 5 months' since Summer went missing, which would put it in early/mid Nov. Not December. Or did I not hear correctly?

Thanks for posting, 2.curious. I just hate it when things are confused by news outlets right out of the gate.

I think that was an error, I noticed that too.

The news report is dated Dec.6, 2021.

I watched part of the channel 4 news report. I don't have time to watch it all now, BUT this report is heavily edited together.

The tree behind DW is starting to turn colors. Also it looks like he's on his on property. A lot of this segment uses video filmed earlier than December 6th. I think the interview with him was also filmed earlier than December 6th. It probably was in early November, just to guess after quickly looking at it.

The part i watched, he didn't say anything that he couldn't have said in November.

I watched part of the channel 4 news report. I don't have time to watch it all now, BUT this report is heavily edited together.

The tree behind DW is starting to turn colors. Also it looks like he's on his on property. A lot of this segment uses video filmed earlier than December 6th. I think the interview with him was also filmed earlier than December 6th. It probably was in early November, just to guess after quickly looking at it.

The part i watched, he didn't say anything that he couldn't have said in November.

I don't think this interview was on the Well's property. I thought it was at first also.
If you look closely at the 1:48 mark, you can see a chain link fence. Unless it's new, there's not a fence on the Well's property.

Also at the 1:11 mark you can see a blue building over DW's right shoulder. I thought this might be the shed that you can see from SW's swing but I think the Well's shed is more grey than bright blue.. You can also see a little of the fence over DW's left shoulder at the same mark.

At the beginning they stated that the interviewer spoke with DW "today".

It could have been recorded earlier and not loaded to YT until Dec.6.
It is posted Dec 6, 2021 under the video on YT.

I checked on News4 website back to October and couldn't find it.

The above mentioned video was recorded earlier. It was released Nov. 11, 2021. My mistake.
Sorry for the confusion.

This is the original.

Someone else from News4 reposted it on Dec. 6th, I don't know why.
The person who reposted that video is Bandon Smith and he is not from News4. His name is right under that video. Scroll up to your post where you reposted his repost and Check it out

The person who reposted that video is Bandon Smith and he is not from News4. His name is right under that video. Scroll up to your post where you reposted his repost and Check it out

I searched his name earlier when I was looking for the original video on the station's website.
Other videos came up but mostly sporting events.

The above mentioned video was recorded earlier. It was released Nov. 11, 2021. My mistake.
Sorry for the confusion.

This is the original.

Someone else from News4 reposted it on Dec. 6th, I don't know why.

No worries. I personally really appreciate all of the work you, 2.curious, put into keeping us updated on what pops up in the news/media regarding Summer. I hate the way these random outlets re-post old info or reports. Unfortunately, I think they generally do it to simply be inflammatory, not to keep the missing persons' case updated and in the public eye. All it does is confuse and further cloud an already stormy sky. :( I mean, if one is going to re-post an old interview, for goodness sake make the original date clear!

ETA: looked this guy up. In this case, it seems like he just...randomly reposts news stories? Even if not meant to be inflammatory, still should make clear the original airing/date. MOO.

Last edited:
I guess I didn't notice all of the background details. I just thought some of them (specifically the trees) looked consistent with DW's property. But, he could be somewhere in the general area where he lives.

However, i forgot that DW and CB did a bit of traveling... out to Dr. Phil's and to Utah. So, i guess it could be somewhere he was visiting that is unknown to me.

I suppose he could be traveling just about anywhere in the U.S. Especially since he is not updating everyone as frequently as he used to (not a criticism, if there is nothing new to report about SW, it is understandable).

Something that would be helpful (that LE would have to provide, not the parents) would be an photoshopped photo or two of what SW might look like now. Six months is a long time for a five year old.don't

I don't know if it possible that SW is alive and out in the world, but if we're still at the "all options are on the table" stage (are we? I am not sure), then that must be considered. Her parents vary between acting as though she is dead and acting as though she is alive and might be returned. But, they are very upset by everything, i imagine.

Like others here have mentioned, as a child I went barefoot all the time. That was a lifetime ago in a very small town. There wasn’t anything I couldn’t walk across because the soles of my feet were a custom to pretty much everything. All of us went shoeless during the summer months. It’s not something I ever allowed my daughter to do but back then it was the norm in our area. So I doubt that Summer would have had a problem walking through the woods barefoot. Do I think that’s what happened? No, I do not, and I do not believe she encountered someone unknown to her.

If she is in the woods, nearby or someplace else, she was put there by someone known to her, likely someone very close to her.

But I do think anything is possible. I simply believe that someone in the family knows exactly what happened and that she has become one of the thousands of children we won’t have a resolution about until someone talks.

JMO

Like others here have mentioned, as a child I went barefoot all the time. That was a lifetime ago in a very small town. There wasn’t anything I couldn’t walk across because the soles of my feet were a custom to pretty much everything. All of us went shoeless during the summer months. It’s not something I ever allowed my daughter to do but back then it was the norm in our area. So I doubt that Summer would have had a problem walking through the woods barefoot. Do I think that’s what happened? No, I do not, and I do not believe she encountered someone unknown to her.

If she is in the woods, nearby or someplace else, she was put there by someone known to her, likely someone very close to her.

But I do think anything is possible. I simply believe that someone in the family knows exactly what happened and that she has become one of the thousands of children we won’t have a resolution about until someone talks.

JMO
I agree. This case may take quite a long time. I just hope people (including LE here) don't give up or lose interest.

I know they miss people in searches, but multiple agencies (some with dogs, some with drones, etc.) searched very, very hard for SW. They did this numerous times starting the evening of 6/15/21.

Therefore, I think if she is in the woods, she farther than could be expected for her to walk even if one assumes she was wearing shoes (despite what has been said) and kept going long after could be expected. As in, someone "helped" her travel this distance.

But, i don't think it's really far. I think it's in Hawkins or Sullivan County. Jmo based on really nothing except she was known to be those places on 6/15.

However, there are people independently searching. They are just going to search where they are allowed which isn't everywhere. Who knows where they may go. A lot of people are giving permission to searchers, from what I can glean.

If she is in the woods, probably someone looking for something else (a hunter, a ginseng gatherer, whatever else) might be the one to find her... If they can realize what they're looking at.

Maybe the TBI needs to make some example photos or drawings available to people going to the woods (who are adults) what they might see if they find her. I hate to say that, but we have to be real. I want her to be okay, but it's more likely that she is not.

The terrain around there is really crazy. It's a lot of streams, crevasses and valleys. I imagine it's incredibly difficult to search on foot and debris and underbrush make it difficult to search by air.
BBM. They don't need search planes, they need drop cams. I still believe she is close by the home on a secondary surface. (Fell between rocks, down crevice, etc.)

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members