AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the 1:00 mark in the video Leslie Earhart says "At this time, there is no evidence that she was abducted. However, all avenues continue to be explored, including foul play and the very real possibility [BIBM] that she wandered off and became lost in the mountainous and rough terrain surrounding her home". The wording certainly caught my attention. It seems odd to me though that the FAQ isn't worded in the exact same way? Am I reading too much into it? MOO

AMBER Alert – Summer Wells
UPDATED 12/15/21
SBIBM
At this time, there is no evidence that she was abducted. However, all avenues continue to be explored, including foul play and the possibility that she wandered off and became lost in the mountainous and rough terrain surrounding her home.

Just curious, are Summer’s parents buying a Christmas present for here? If it was my child missing, and I really had nothing to do with it, I would buy a Christmas present and birthday present. I would hold them for the day they came home. Maybe I’m just weird. MOO/JMO

I don’t think you're weird. I do think we all need to be conscious that everyone is different and deciding that all need to act the way we do isn't necessarily realistic or fair. :)

In the Elizabeth Smart case, the investigation started with every single person who had been in the house, or working on the house within the last two months.

Has this been done here?

The parents have been questioned but anyone else is not known to the public.
LE has been quiet about the investigation.

The sheriff said they have interviewed a lot of people. Specifically he said all the RSOs in the area. However, we also know JS (not an RSO, just a neighbor) was interviewed multiple times. Also, it has been stated they talked to the crew that cut the easement.

I feel like they have spoken with a lot of people, some of them multiple times. However, there could have been people in the area who do not live there and weren't working there that LE doesn't know about.

Also, i believe DW owns 11 acres. A lot of it appears to be overgrown and basically unused (not a criticism, he is not obligated to do anything with it). Someone could easily slip onto his land and just hang out for several hours. Idk why, I am just saying it is possible.

If the neighbors didn't see this person, no one would have.
-DW was at work

-CB, CH, and SW were in Kingsport for several hours (especially including drive time from Rogersville to Kingsport and back)

-CH has knee problems and would have stuck close to her camper (probably, and according to CB)

-CB had a whole list of chores she was doing. Also, she has stated she's afraid of the bears, snakes, and coyotes (these are the animals she mentioned) that are in the woods.

-the boys were either in the house cleaning, watching TV/YT, or playing video games. CB specifically said they were told to lock the doors and not go out or let anyone inside. H says the boys were at work with DW. Neither parent has ever said the boys were at work with DW. But, according to everyone who has spoken about this the boys wouldn't have really known if someone was on the property as long as that person didn't come too close to the house. Obviously, we have no idea what the boys told LE or what they were actually doing that day (maybe they did go outside, for example or maybe they were sleeping... Idk, these are just examples and i am not saying that they are true). It seems once CB, CH, SW got home that the boys remained inside until SW went missing. CB talks about watching TV with them while SW played with her toys, for example.

-Neighbors might not be able to see onto the overgrown part of the Wells property

I think there is someone LE really needs to speak to, but the family doesn't know who it is. However, sometimes LE will interview a person they believe is only tangently connected to an event, but turns out to have information.

This group of YouTubers plan to protest outside the TBI Headquarters in January.
They want the Wells held accountable and brought into custody.

Is this going to help find Summer?

Youtuber accused of trespassing speaks amid search for Summer Wells (wvlt.tv)

WVLT Knoxville

More folks looking to make a buck off of Summer.

I firmly believe pressure should be kept on LE to work the case, but maybe don't do it on a monetized channel from someone, who if my GoogleFu is correct, is not a nice person.

More folks looking to make a buck off of Summer.

I firmly believe pressure should be kept on LE to work the case, but maybe don't do it on a monetized channel from someone, who if my GoogleFu is correct, is not a nice person.

Agree.

I have no idea what this person / group believes they accomplished towards solving the Petito case with the dirty laundry $tunt, or what they are likely to achieve by trespassing on the Wells property and/ or browbeating CW when or if she makes a complaint.

She calls it a "full time job" -- my guess is that least it pays like one.

The TBI has arrested people even if a body cannot be found. AND the people have been successfully prosecuted.

But, you know, they had evidence. They can't just run around snatching people up and prosecuting them for crimes on the say so of random people from YT.

So, idk what a protest is going to do. But, i guess it is people's right to protest if they want to. The other day the grocery store didn't have some cookies i wanted. I guess I could have protested and demanded they figure how to get the cookies immediately.

ETA: i read the article now. Omg! I am from Tennessee and I would not go into someone's shed unless i had permission. That is so rude! But, being real, there are people who will not react to such an action by filing a trespassing complaint. Or coming outside and shooing you away. Or talking to you about crimes. They will do other things about it.

Last edited:
Is it known if she was wearing shoes? That would make a big difference on which terrain she would likely walk thru, wouldnt it?

It is not known if she was wearing shoes. It is possible she was barefoot. And it would make a difference, for sure. However (and rather surprisingly) some kiddos and also adults, especially those who are barefoot regularly, can and will travel quite a bit farther than one might think over less than comfortable terrain. The weather was good, and Summer was known to be barefoot frequently and barefoot by choice.

Personally, I think it is entirely possible that she wandered quite aways and over several different types of ground cover- including ground cover that we might ordinarily think too uncomfortable to walk on.
It is also possible that she wandered, choosing a path according to the comfort of walking such as grass, or packed dirt, pavement, that sort of thing.
And it is also possible that she wandered, beginning on a comfortable surface but found herself on an uncomfortable surface, and tried to turn around. But often when children try to turn around and go back, they get lost.
Lots of variables.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members