Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the Rogersville article. The video they included :eek:

I agree, how is any of this productive? I can only imagine how frustrating it is to LE to have add time to their day to deal with this.

Summer Wells' mom reports trespassers attempting to make video at their home

ETA: My advice to those YouTubers wanting to help would be find a family that wants to work with you to help locate their missing child. If they don’t want to work with you, leave them alone. It isn’t a good use of your energy or theirs. JMO
Local LE needs to get this situation under control. If they don't, it's likely there will be another tragedy. IMHO and experience, the ones there for the missing person don't have time for video'ing and chit chat. They are too busy being useful, like Tim from Equasearch, as an example.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Apparently, people were coming onto their property before SW disappeared as well.

It is possible to contact the Wells without going to their house. They have a webpage, they have social media, they can receive regular old letters.

Personally, if i knew anything (which i don't), i would just call the TBI tip line. But, otherwise, i would respectfully ask for an appointment. It could be at a neutral location that would not be invasive to their privacy. I cannot imagine just randomly arriving at someone's home. That's so rude.

Going back to the beginning, why wouldn't CW & DW go on National News about their daughter's disappearance? They later resorted to various YT channels. Not everyone watches YT or has YT especially in those mountains. They said that they didn't trust the news. Why? Could they be hiding something?

Also in the beginning, June 16 Sheriff Lawson stated that SW was last seen 'walking out the back door' by one of her siblings.
AMBER ALERT: Search continues for 5-year-old Hawkins County girl | WCYB

Also someone reported seeing her walking down the road around 6:30 - 7pm on June 15th. Who reported this? Someone stated that one of the brothers saw her walking down the road. Does anyone remember?
Yes I like to know if that has been verified as well- would make a big difference into the investigation ! I never believed someone out of the blue would come up the hill and snatch her- who would know there is a little girl???? Doesn’t make sense to me at all!
MOO !

I just saw the Rogersville article. The video they included :eek:

I agree, how is any of this productive? I can only imagine how frustrating it is to LE to have add time to their day to deal with this.

Summer Wells' mom reports trespassers attempting to make video at their home

ETA: My advice to those YouTubers wanting to help would be find a family that wants to work with you to help locate their missing child. If they don’t want to work with you, leave them alone. It isn’t a good use of your energy or theirs. JMO
What is in the video? I can't read the article.

Apparently, people were coming onto their property before SW disappeared as well.

It is possible to contact the Wells without going to their house. They have a webpage, they have social media, they can receive regular old letters.

Personally, if i knew anything (which i don't), i would just call the TBI tip line. But, otherwise, i would respectfully ask for an appointment. It could be at a neutral location that would not be invasive to their privacy. I cannot imagine just randomly arriving at someone's home. That's so rude.
Not to mention that surely these youtubers know Don’s history of abusing alcohol and drugs and possession of a gun. How stupid are people? Please leave them alone because now that reports have been filed they would be well within the realm of self defense. They’re not helping in any way to find Summer so why even be there? IMO

If you're talking about the kind of 5 yr old who stops every few minutes to look at something (and then possibly changes direction slightly) imo, about 25-28 min give or take? If you're talking about the kind of 5 yr old who runs every chance they get, mostly downhill and accounting for a possible trip or two...maybe 14-17 min? Moo, of course. Also, are we talking as the crow flies? Or packed/road surfaces and if so..at what point she might have gone from forest ground cover to packed. There are a couple varied routes of travel she could have taken. I think that might hinge on which direction and surface she left the residence in and on. Front, back, side. Forested, deer/dog/human/power line cut worn trail or driveway to road. Kwim? That's where I think one of the first unknowns is. MOO so the timing on that could be way off. ETA...forgot to throw in the possible diversion of the creek. Which could or could not have come into play, depending on route of travel.
Is it known if she was wearing shoes? That would make a big difference on which terrain she would likely walk thru, wouldnt it?

Tomorrow will mark 6 months that SW has been missing.
I hope we will be updated with some news, it has been too quiet.

I just watched this NewsNation Prime video from one month ago. A former prosecutor analyzes SW's disappearance.
He stated that there is not enough information to say if the parents are being truthful or if they are not.

Former prosecutor analyzes Summer Wells disappearance | NewsNation Prime - YouTube

Just thinking back on some things. I've had feelings lately that this case will go cold (hope I'm wrong). Here is an instance where I can't reconcile both DW and H telling the truth. H says in the approved interview that LE still has his phone (I can't remember when exactly this happens, but it is at least a few weeks after Summer has gone missing). DW, however, says that all their phones (DW, CW, and CH's) were returned almost immediately (seems like he said the day after Summer went missing, because he says they never needed to get other phones) with everything after 3 p.m. on the day Summer was lost being deleted from the phones. Let's just say both people are telling the truth. Why would LE keep H's phone but not DW's? I know we can only speculate but I can't think of any reason. Just one of the things that puzzles me. MOO

H also says CB got a new phone right after. He said she got an AT&T phone.

Now, maybe she also had her original phone back by then and just wanted the AT&T phone. Idk...

But, H was using his grandfather's phone when he got interviewed by CM. His grandmother specifically mentions that and H says the police still have his phone (at that time).

I really don't know why things would be this way. Maybe (at that time), LE got everything they needed from CB, CH, and DW's phones quicker than they did H's?

Last edited:
Just curious, are Summer’s parents buying a Christmas present for here? If it was my child missing, and I really had nothing to do with it, I would buy a Christmas present and birthday present. I would hold them for the day they came home. Maybe I’m just weird. MOO/JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth