AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All links in these threads lead to first hand accounts, it's up to the individual whether or not to believe them.

Some of us work hard to provide links, so that false information is not spread.

Links can lead to speculation because with limited information it's all we can do. Again, it's up to the individual to ascertain what/who they find credible.

It's no different than what jurors are advised when they sit on a trial and that includes testimony from LE.

Most criminal cases are built on circumstantial evidence which include witness accounts.
Legitimate evidence is key--if that is a witness account or otherwise. IMO, many of the "leads" taken from the YouTube debacle were shaky. But other YTers run with them and repeat them enough that they become closer to fact for some.

Legitimate evidence is key--if that is a witness account or otherwise. IMO, many of the "leads" taken from the YouTube debacle were shaky. But other YTers run with them and repeat them enough that they become closer to fact for some.
I hear what you're saying but would you be able to be give me an example?

Personally on this case I've found myself only basing my opinions on what Candus and Don have said. I view most other witness accounts with scepticism.

After watching many of his interviews, I find myself at square one and stuck on the fence again because it's almost impossible to get a straight answer from him as he tends to go off on tangents. At first I thought he was trying to derail interviews because he didn't want to answer certain questions. Now, after so many I'm not sure anymore.

I do think they're hiding something though. Two big things I can't get past is the 5.30 pm call and the 2 minute timeframe Summer went missing. However anyone tries to spin it, it still doesn't sit right with me.

I hear what you're saying but would you be able to be give me an example?

Personally on this case I've found myself only basing my opinions on what Candus and Don have said. I view most other witness accounts with scepticism.

After watching many of his interviews, I find myself at square one and stuck on the fence again because it's almost impossible to get a straight answer from him as he tends to go off on tangents. At first I thought he was trying to derail interviews because he didn't want to answer certain questions. Now, after so many I'm not sure anymore.

I do think they're hiding something though. Two big things I can't get past is the 5.30 pm call and the 2 minute timeframe Summer went missing. However anyone tries to spin it, it still doesn't sit right with me.

I'll tackle the 2 minute time frame. The leg braces that I am familiar with are not hard to adjust, you turn the brace so it is straight from toe/foot on up. Then there are velcro straps to hold the brace in place. Many years ago, in college I worked part time as a home aid and it would not take me more than a minute most of the time to adjust one.

When CBW talks of the 2-3 minutes she is talking about how long it took her to fix her mom's brace after SW goes into the house. So CBW is estimating how long she was behind SW going into the house. Once inside, CBW states she asked where SW was, and called for her a couple of times. I have not heard how long it was before CBW went looking for SW.

I believe this is an approved interview, it begins at the beginning with CBW talking.

I don't know if you were talking to me. But this is the article I was thinking of. Summer Wells' mom pleads: 'Just bring her back'

“I sent the older boys down through the creek. If they’ve got a walkie-talkie and their buck knife, they can go down through there. I sent all them searching and I went out in my mom’s truck and went all the way down by the church, then went all the way down the (other) way and I didn’t see nobody even out and about,” Candus said.

Then I went all the way back in the holler as far as the truck can go and I didn’t see nothing back in there, either. When I was coming back up out of the holler, the cops were coming up in my driveway. So, I just followed them up in here. I don’t recall if (Don) was here before the police got here or if he was here at the same time they showed up,” said Candus.

Just a lot of driving. Then there is DW is driving in CW main car not his truck. Combined with him saying a call came from CW at 530, which leaves an hour before the 911 call, and LE saying the timeline is part of the investigation and under wraps vs treating it like a kidnapping where the timeline is everything....it just feels off. But I hope I am wrong. It really is quite a mystery.
No I believe the thread I was replying to has Ben removed. Your link was very informative. That time line is very frustrating.

I'll tackle the 2 minute time frame. The leg braces that I am familiar with are not hard to adjust, you turn the brace so it is straight from toe/foot on up. Then there are velcro straps to hold the brace in place. Many years ago, in college I worked part time as a home aid and it would not take me more than a minute most of the time to adjust one.

When CBW talks of the 2-3 minutes she is talking about how long it took her to fix her mom's brace after SW goes into the house. So CBW is estimating how long she was behind SW going into the house. Once inside, CBW states she asked where SW was, and called for her a couple of times. I have not heard how long it was before CBW went looking for SW.

I believe this is an approved interview, it begins at the beginning with CBW talking.
I understand the part where she goes to fix her mum's brace. She said she went to the basement straight after asking the boys where she was.

What I'm struggling with is the fact that we're supposed to believe that Summer disappeared in the space of 2 minutes.

I understand the part where she goes to fix her mum's brace. She said she went to the basement straight after asking the boys where she was.

What I'm struggling with is the fact that we're supposed to believe that Summer disappeared in the space of 2 minutes.

In the video, CBW said she told the boys to watch SW "...I'll be back and within two minutes I came back."

CBW then goes on to talk about how she asked where SW was, that CBW called for her a couple of times. I've not seen a time frame for this. From the time CBW came back into the house until CBW went downstairs and looked for SW. Could you lead me to where you have this information? Thanks.

It's possible someone was watching as they all planted the flowers. Someone could have been near the dog trail, when SW came outside she could have then been lured to the dog trail.

The two minutes was an estimate as to how long CBW helped with her mother's brace. Maybe we should add a few more on for CBW to notice SW not upstairs, and SW not respond to CBW calling her a couple of times. However, I would think a child could be abducted in less than a minute.

In the video, CBW said she told the boys to watch SW "...I'll be back and within two minutes I came back."

CBW then goes on to talk about how she asked where SW was, that CBW called for her a couple of times. I've not seen a time frame for this. From the time CBW came back into the house until CBW went downstairs and looked for SW. Could you lead me to where you have this information? Thanks.

It's possible someone was watching as they all planted the flowers. Someone could have been near the dog trail, when SW came outside she could have then been lured to the dog trail.

The two minutes was an estimate as to how long CBW helped with her mother's brace. Maybe we should add a few more on for CBW to notice SW not upstairs, and SW not respond to CBW calling her a couple of times. However, I would think a child could be abducted in less than a minute.

It's been discussed before but may be lost to the ether, 'two minutes' has become kind of a slang for a short amount of time you lost track of or an amount of time one needs to not explode. Ex. "Just give me two minutes!" or "I only played (a video game) for like two minutes!" and the ever popular with the teen retail employee "I was only gone for two minutes!"

ETA: In my experience (fourteen years in retail and one recently adult daughter), 'two minutes' is somewhere between two minutes and twenty-five minutes.

It's been discussed before but may be lost to the ether, 'two minutes' has become kind of a slang for a short amount of time you lost track of or an amount of time one needs to not explode. Ex. "Just give me two minutes!" or "I only played (a video game) for like two minutes!" and the ever popular with the teen retail employee "I was only gone for two minutes!"

ETA: In my experience (fourteen years in retail and one recently adult daughter), 'two minutes' is somewhere between two minutes and twenty-five minutes.
Given it was a hot day, alcohol consumed, pain pills (?) for a knee injury, and so forth, it’s not outrageous to translate “2 minutes” to “2 hour nap”. But of course we don’t know, so that’s just amateur opinion and speculation

Interview with Candus at house

....walked in here and them three were sitting right here with their eyes glued to the TV, like always. I said boys where's your sister at? Well, she just went downstairs mum to play, so I went over to here like this (goes to the opening of the basement) cause this is where the stairs are, it's actually down under there......

(Describes where Summer's bedroom is)

.....and then I yelled and said Summer, Summer and she didn't......I listened for a minute and didn't hear nothing, so I went like this, cause this is how I always get down here (proceeds down the stairs).....

Until there are new developments in the case, I'm going to be lurking from now on in. I've been on this merry-go-round over many threads going over the reasons why 2 minutes is beyond realistic.

If information is only being reported on YT, there is a reason. People may not like mainstream media right now, but those who have studied journalism have to follow a higher standard than anyone who happens to have a camera and microphone set up on their laptop. Facts need to be checked and verified before reporting them.

There are so many allegations in this particular case and they have gotten spun through the rumor mill of social media and YTers. People have approached the family with questionable intentions and exploited their pain and dysfunction. Have they helped the case? No, IMO.

My opinion, for what it's worth. Yelling in the wind.

....walked in here and them three were sitting right here with their eyes glued to the TV, like always. I said boys where's your sister at? Well, she just went downstairs mum to play, so I went over to here like this (goes to the opening of the basement) cause this is where the stairs are, it's actually down under there......

(Describes where Summer's bedroom is)

.....and then I yelled and said Summer, Summer and she didn't......I listened for a minute and didn't hear nothing, so I went like this, cause this is how I always get down here (proceeds down the stairs).....

Until there are new developments in the case, I'm going to be lurking from now on in. I've been on this merry-go-round over many threads going over the reasons why 2 minutes is beyond realistic.

Yes. It would take seconds for Summer to hit that dog trail and disappear from sight. JMO

Yes. It would take seconds for Summer to hit that dog trail and disappear from sight. JMO
Obviously, I worded my post incorrectly and now it's too late to edit. For clarification I meant to say it's not realistic.

Also to clarify, of course someone can be taken in seconds, that, I don't believe is in dispute. What I have a hard time believing is that someone managed to lure Summer away and take her down the dog trail, all within 2 minutes, without any of the five people present that day noticing.

Now I've cleared that up, I really am going back to lurking.

Thanks for highlighting my error.

If you don't want to read this entire post we are having a fundraiser for our volunteer mods. Please use this link to donate paypal.me/forthemods )

Words cannot adequately express how much the moderators mean to Websleuths and to me personally.

The amount of hard work they do behind the scenes would truly shock you.
The mods volunteer their time to make sure Websleuths standards are upheld so Websleuths remains the most respected discussion forum on the web.

It is time for our yearly fundraiser for the wonderful people known as the mods who donate so much of their lives to Websleuths.

Please know that you are under no obligation to make a donation.
We ask that only those who can truly afford to donate do so.

We offer one way to make donations and that is through PayPal. Here is the link. Even a dollar will make a difference.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
When the fundraiser is over (two weeks from now) SillyBilly and I will distribute the money to the mods.

If you would like to leave a comment of support for the mods please do so on this thread.

If I could yell this from the mountain tops to the world I would. From my heart and soul thank you so very much to the mods who make such a difference on Websleuths. Thank you very much.

Much Love,
Tricia

Thank you, I missed the part where CBW said she went downstairs that quickly. As far as being on the merry go round, I understand. My guess is most of us have. Also guess the reason is we are invested in this little girl. Where ever one is on the fence or side of the fence it can get frustrating, however we all want answers.

This is an open apology to anyone I have offended with my words. We are all entitled to our opinion (within TOS), and all avenues should be explored by LE.

Thank you, I missed the part where CBW said she went downstairs that quickly. As far as being on the merry go round, I understand. My guess is most of us have. Also guess the reason is we are invested in this little girl. Where ever one is on the fence or side of the fence it can get frustrating, however we all want answers.

This is an open apology to anyone I have offended with my words. We are all entitled to our opinion (within TOS), and all avenues should be explored by LE.
I can't speak for everyone, but I've never seen any offensive posts made by yourself :).

Until LE release new information or serve a warrant, I think everything to be said about this case has been said. I still visit the thread daily and hope Summer will be found. In a few days it will be six months since Summer disappeared.

Search for Summer Wells: Social media sleuths flock to Hawkins County - WJHL News 12/10/21

Search for Summer Wells: Social media sleuths flock to Hawkins County - YouTube

At least this is helping to keep SW's name in the news.
Sheriff Lawson refused to interview.
Trust me, they're not interested in keeping Summer's name out there. He said it himself in that interview, "it's a niche market" That right there tells us all we need to know.

I imagine they won't be there for too much longer. I can't imagine the locals being as tolerant to trespassing as the Laundries' neighbours were!

<modsnip> Can't believe MSM gave them air time AGAIN.

ETA: MGL said herself a couple of weeks ago that she wasn't covering or even following the case. Now all of a sudden she's there? Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member