AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always heard shorts, not pants. But, her missing poster says pants.

Here is a thought, could SW change her own clothes? I mean, at home. Because she was at home and briefly alone before she disappeared.

While I don't necessarily think she changed clothes again... She might have if that was something she could do.

ETA: i just wonder if some basic information we have is wrong. If SW, for some reason, changed clothes. However, in that small house, i guess they would have figured that out by now.

The average 5yr old can change remove and put on clothing, though perhaps not always right-side out. There’s a tremendous variation in those kind of fine motor skills at 5, but the average child can do it.

Someone (the 15yr old maybe?) said CBW assisted Summer with her bathing suit at the 15yr old’s home. But that’s a bathing suit - the tight fit and straps can be frustrating for some 5yr olds.

By now, I imagine we’d know if the special outfit was left behind. But we still don’t know anything about her shoes, to my recollection. JMO.

I don't know if we would know what became of it.

I kind of don't think SW was wearing the "school outfit" (jmo) because what better thing to show people than her in the actual outfit she was wearing?

But, then it hasn't really come up again. I find that very weird.

Okay, i just don't know what to think about that outfit or where it is now.

ETA: they keep saying that maybe she was barefooted. But, maybe? Are any of her shoes missing?

The average 5yr old can change remove and put on clothing, though perhaps not always right-side out. There’s a tremendous variation in those kind of fine motor skills at 5, but the average child can do it.

Someone (the 15yr old maybe?) said CBW assisted Summer with her bathing suit at the 15yr old’s home. But that’s a bathing suit - the tight fit and straps can be frustrating for some 5yr olds.

By now, I imagine we’d know if the special outfit was left behind. But we still don’t know anything about her shoes, to my recollection. JMO.
Please don't quote me on this because I don't want to trawl through videos! but in one of Don's interviews I'm pretty sure he said it was her school outfit she was in when she disappeared. He went into detail IIRC about how much she loved wearing it.

As for the "swimming clothes". Summer's swimming costume does look like a dress. I think H might have been confused with regard to Summer changing at his house. I do believe Candus when she said she put her in the costume before setting off that morning. I can't see any reason why she would lie about that.

I wonder about the other electronic devices, gathered like TVs. Then the camera/s TBI iirc mentioned getting a search warrant for,as they were not voluntary given. Lots going on behind the scenes. So grateful for Leslie Erhart I hadn't realized until recently she worked the Evelyn Boswell case. MOO
I can't recall ever reading that they weren't voluntarily given. In any case in order to seize items from a home is it not standard practice to issue a search warrant? Chain of evidence.

IIRC Don said they took the TV and a camera but said LE didn't note them on his copy of the inventory.

Please don't quote me on this because I don't want to trawl through videos! but in one of Don's interviews I'm pretty sure he said it was her school outfit she was in when she disappeared. He went into detail IIRC about how much she loved wearing it.

As for the "swimming clothes". Summer's swimming costume does look like a dress. I think H might have been confused with regard to Summer changing at his house. I do believe Candus when she said she put her in the costume before setting off that morning. I can't see any reason why she would lie about that.
How would Don know she liked wearing the school outfit? He was at work. Candus stated it was still in the bag in G'ma's truck from when they bought it and she dressed Summer in it because G'ma doesn't like her seats to be wet. I'm not doubting you, I remember that as well, I'm doubting Don.

Protesters showed up at DW's worksite, I'm sure some of you have heard of this.

'In the report, police say four people arrived in the area and began beating on the doors and windows of a home being worked on in the area. Wells, who installs drywall for a living, was working at the site when the four people arrived.'

Kingsport PD release report of work site incident involving parents of Summer Wells & protesters | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
:eek::eek:

I've been staying away from the drama in this case so I may have heard something on the grapevine but didn't know the extent of it. This boggles my mind.

Kingsport police were informed of an incident involving a YouTuber filming a child inside the church that the Well's family attends.

The Kingsport Police Department was informed that a YouTuber had allegedly filmed a child at the Kingsport Seventh-Day Adventist Church where the family of Summer Wells attends services. (wjhl.com)

Some of these YTbers are causing so many problems in this case that are not needed!

It's [unusual persons] such as these that make sleuths such as us look bad in the eyes of LE. MOO every time some yaywhoo acts a fool it sets us all back. LE has just become more comfortable in recent years with crowdsourcing and this sort of foolishness undoes any goodwill we have built with LE.

I remember that interview where Don said how much she loved wearing her school outfit.

But it made no sense with what Candus said----she said the outfit was BRAND NEW and still in grandma's truck, never worn before. And they gave it to Summer to wear after swimming.

So how could it be something 'she loved to wear?' And how would Don ever see it or know about it?

I remember that interview where Don said how much she loved wearing her school outfit.

But it made no sense with what Candus said----she said the outfit was BRAND NEW and still in grandma's truck, never worn before. And they gave it to Summer to wear after swimming.

So how could it be something 'she loved to wear?' And how would Don ever see it or know about it?

I remember that interview also. At the time I just assumed that he had heard CW talk about it. According to CW the outfit had been in CH's truck, still in the bag from the store. SW had not worn it until 6/15/21 after swimming. So DW never saw her in it, only in the video and pictures from the video that CW had.

In another interview DW stated that the pink & grey outfit was the last thing he saw SW wearing.

Prior to the last interview I mentioned, DW said that the last time he saw SW she was sleeping on the morning of 6/15 when he left for work. I don't know what she was sleeping in.

I think the story regarding the pink and gray outfit for the "first day of kindergarten" is just all mixed up. That outfit was a stretch to be wearing on 6/15 which was a relatively mild summer day for Tennessee.

Okay, she was cold, there were no other clothes in the car, CH didn't want her seats wet, a pillow is also being sat on, she's cold so she's napping on some supposedly cold milk, etc. But, this is necessary because the swimming trip (or fishing trip according to H) included no towels. Thank goodness a special outfit was in the car.

SW, like everyone, would have started school in August which is always miserably sweltering hot in Tennessee. No one would have tried to wear that outfit, not even with the jacket off because it was too hot by 6 a.m. for the jacket. No five year old wants to lug an unnecessary hot jacket all day, but even if she did, no one would believe it wouldn't be forgotten at school. If you look at a photo from one of the local papers, 99 percent of the kids and adults are wearing shorts and short sleeves, very light weight clothing.

I don't know what the deal is with this outfit. Something is off in the story of it. So, maybe she had worn it before. Maybe she was known to like it. Maybe it was in a bag in CH's car for who knows what reason other than it was brand new. I don't know why the story would be off, i just think it is.

I can think of benign reasons this could be so. Maybe... The story just sort of grew and since she possibly could have worn it to school, they just let it be what it was.

Or maybe she had two similar looking outfits and DW saw a different one than the new special outfit. And, since this doesn't really matter, his opinion on how much she loved it, it was never corrected.

What i don't understand is what happened to it? If she was wearing it when she disappeared, then why was this photo not on her missing posters saying this is the girl, this is the outfit! Okay, maybe without the jacket, but this is her exact appearance.

If it was at the house, even just the jacket, why weren't the dogs not sniffing it or that pillow she sat on for hours? Shouldn't those things smell like her?

CB was doing laundry, did she wash all of these things?

The TBI needs to clear this up. What happened to this outfit? Was Summer wearing part of it when she went missing or something else?

Jmo moo imo etc

I would be so mad if i was getting a house built and some individuals who had an issue with some dude (a.k.a. DW, the drywaller) came pounding on my windows. I thought they stayed on the street. (Eta: so they trespassed to harass people, that's not a "protest", arrest them)

We have a little thing in our country, i thought, called innocent until proven guilty. DW has been questioned by the TBI. I am sure that wasn't fun times for him. If they thought he had SW somehow, they would be questioning him daily.

Also, the boys aren't missing! Does he not need to provide for them? Are they not also children? As far as i know, they're still away from their parents, but it is possible they could go home (i guess, idk, but that is a pretty common goal). I know there is a gag order, i don't know anything in particular except they exist and it's probably better if their father has a job.

Last edited:
I would be so mad if i was getting a house built and some individuals who had an issue with some dude (a.k.a. DW, the drywaller) came pounding on my windows. I thought they stayed on the street. (Eta: so they trespassed to harass people, that's not a "protest", arrest them)

We have a little thing in our country, i thought, called innocent until proven guilty. DW has been questioned by the TBI. I am sure that wasn't fun times for him. If they thought he had SW somehow, they would be questioning him daily.

Also, the boys aren't missing! Does he not need to provide for them? Are they not also children? As far as i know, they're still away from their parents, but it is possible they could go home (i guess, idk, but that is a pretty common goal). I know there is a gag order, i don't know anything in particular except they exist and it's probably better if their father has a job.
This is becoming quite a common practice recently; self-appointed citizen "deputies" harassing the families of the missing. We hear of this on many WS threads. It's just not productive, and LE needs to step up and put a stop to it.
All this energy should be redirected to help find the missing, vs. harass their family members.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've given a lot of thought to Summer playing in the water. Water in the mountains would be very cold in June. I can easily see where Summer would be freezing when got out of the water. Hypothermia could have set in. It can cause loss of consciousness as the organs close down and can lead to death. If she was shivering I can understand why she was wearing the jogging suit.
JMO

I've given a lot of thought to Summer playing in the water. Water in the mountains would be very cold in June. I can easily see where Summer would be freezing when got out of the water. Hypothermia could have set in. It can cause loss of consciousness as the organs close down and can lead to death. If she was shivering I can understand why she was wearing the jogging suit.
JMO
If I'm reading it correctly, the high in that area on 6-15-2021 was right around 80F, peaking at about 2pm. I'm not sure when the slurped-type drink was given to her (and why does that dang drink seem so significant to me.....?), but if she was prone to being cold (b/c she is so lean), was already wet from swimming, given a iced drink and leaning against cold milk...well I'd be cold too.

That slurpee drink. It's bugging me.

Amateur opinion and speculation

JMO
That same park has an actual swimming area (which is not where SW was). I wonder how busy that area was on 6/15?

It's [unusual persons] such as these that make sleuths such as us look bad in the eyes of LE. MOO every time some yaywhoo acts a fool it sets us all back. LE has just become more comfortable in recent years with crowdsourcing and this sort of foolishness undoes any goodwill we have built with LE.

I couldn't agree more. One of the reasons why WS can be a more productive platform than some others is because of the verification process. Unfortunately, I haven't found any verified locals on Summer's case. Has anyone else? This could be, of course, because there ARE no locals involved. It could also be because locals do not want to be identified as such. Both scenarios raise interesting questions for me.
MOO, of course.

There is a still from a brief video that shows the outfit that was "for school". However, she was reported missing wearing gray shorts and a pink top.

Apparently, she wore 3-4 outfits that day. Those two, plus the bathing suit. H says she was wearing a purple shorts set. But, there are pinks and purples that are close enough together that different people call them different things. So, idk.

Idk where the "school outfit" went after she wore it. Maybe into the laundry? Idk.
The detail that stood out to me was the she was bare foot. No shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77