AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm reading it correctly, the high in that area on 6-15-2021 was right around 80F, peaking at about 2pm. I'm not sure when the slurped-type drink was given to her (and why does that dang drink seem so significant to me.....?), but if she was prone to being cold (b/c she is so lean), was already wet from swimming, given a iced drink and leaning against cold milk...well I'd be cold too.

That slurpee drink. It's bugging me.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Mountain streams/ponds would not be warm. It would be extremely cold. Don't think that the water temperature would match the ambient temperature. Even here on the southeast coast of NC, the water doesn't warm up until late July and August.

Please don't quote me on this because I don't want to trawl through videos! but in one of Don's interviews I'm pretty sure he said it was her school outfit she was in when she disappeared. He went into detail IIRC about how much she loved wearing it.

As for the "swimming clothes". Summer's swimming costume does look like a dress. I think H might have been confused with regard to Summer changing at his house. I do believe Candus when she said she put her in the costume before setting off that morning. I can't see any reason why she would lie about that.
Just my thoughts on that, maybe Summer needed to use the bathroom and that is why she was in Hunter's home.

Mountain streams/ponds would not be warm. It would be extremely cold. Don't think that the water temperature would match the ambient temperature. Even here on the southeast coast of NC, the water doesn't warm up until late July and August.
Excellent point Lonetraveler. Frigid water can chill to the bone.

Warriors’ Path State Park

This link says Warrior's Path State Park is "located on the shores of the Patrick Henry Reservoir on the Holston River".

TVA Fort Patrick Henry Dam and Reservoir | Tennessee River Valley

This link describes what the reservoir is and how it was made.

Summer wasn't swimming in any area meant for swimming, she was swimming in some area behind the horse barn. She was in a shallow area.

Idk... I just don't know how cold she could have gotten in several minutes of splashing around. I get, maybe she was cold, but idk about hypothermia.

I think she was in an area people don't really swim and everything about the park and reservoir seems to be talking about boating, fishing, or activities on land. Of course, it is currently January, so... (Eta, nobody is swimming on purpose right now).

Eta... The park has a swimming pool according to some people. Obviously, it's not open now. And obviously, it would have been warmer than the reservoir.

But jmo imo

Here is my point really, if something that usually happens in a day is left out, and it's something that takes more than only a few minutes to accomplish then that messes up the timeline more.

If you assume it happened then when? What else was going on then? Where did it happen? All of these things could be important.

I can't believe Summer's 6th birthday is just weeks away. I continue to sift through topo maps, wondering where within various radiuses this beautiful child might be.
And while I know the chances are slim, I continue to hope she is not in any of them.
Where are you, little one?

As much as I usually discount certain claims of abductions in other cases, I do not discount it in this. And I do have a few reasons as to why that is, bare with me here as my thoughts change day to day on these sad cases. Imo while some things at home may have been questionable I do feel like some one could have shown up and grabbed summer, going off what neighbors were claiming were going on that day. It’s strange summers aunt went missing yeeeears ago I remember traveling and seeing the missing flyer at a rest stop I didn’t know there was a relation in family till recently. Does anyone have reason to believe someone in this family were targeted?

:eek::eek:

I've been staying away from the drama in this case so I may have heard something on the grapevine but didn't know the extent of it. This boggles my mind.
I think that Don is talking about more than this kind of harassment, though. The exploitation by so many different YTers and websites has been crazy. They fuel rumors and make the case harder to solve for LE.

There was about a 2 second mention of Summer on WLOS (NC tv news) tonight. They did manage to show her picture. It was in regard to the reward fund- reporter said something to the effect of it being for the safe return of Summer. I only caught it quick, so no link. Anyone else catch this, or did I mis-hear?

As much as I usually discount certain claims of abductions in other cases, I do not discount it in this. And I do have a few reasons as to why that is, bare with me here as my thoughts change day to day on these sad cases. Imo while some things at home may have been questionable I do feel like some one could have shown up and grabbed summer, going off what neighbors were claiming were going on that day. It’s strange summers aunt went missing yeeeears ago I remember traveling and seeing the missing flyer at a rest stop I didn’t know there was a relation in family till recently. Does anyone have reason to believe someone in this family were targeted?
I agree. That question is nagging me. Sorry for the short reply, i don’t post much but your comment prompted me.

I agree. That question is nagging me. Sorry for the short reply, i don’t post much but your comment prompted me.

It’s been bothering me, I feel like it’s really odd two females from the family simply vanished without a trace. Completely vanished. As an honest question, has this similar situation happen in other cases?

There is still so much about this case that I am trying to piece together, and it certainly isn't easy given all of the noise that has been surrounding it.

I still can't understand why a young teen boy became part of that day. I've heard the various explanations, and they don't line up for me. What specifically was his purpose and role for being there that day?

Further, I am still trying to understand the dynamics between A and CB-W.
I am particularly interested in the fact that so many people were staying (?) at the Wells home at some time, including A? Why was she staying there? She had a home of her own? Why were all these people staying at the Wells property? What was their purpose for being there? I can certainly understand out of town visitors staying for a period of time, but these people did not seem as if they were necessarily friends of the W family, but connected to A and New York? Very murky, and I'd like to have a better understanding of those dynamics. Why A was staying at the Wells home (?) if accurate, is particularly interesting.

Finally, there has been plenty of discussion about the day at the swimming hole and the alleged chain of activities that transpired when they returned back home. (Fix GM'a knee brace, plant flowers, candy, etc.). The details of what transpired while back home simply don't ring true for me. And speaking of G'Ma and her knee, where is she?

If sweet little Summer didn't wander off and meet with an accident on her own (yet to be found), i suspect there was an unfortunate accident somewhere between the swimming hole and the home, that C was too afraid to tell DW about, due to the consequences she knew would follow.

The above, of course, is only amateur opinion and speculation. I have no idea what happened to the child, but think the wandered off/accident scenario is still most likely, with an accidental death/coverup a second possibility.

Anytime I hear pain pills, alcohol-infused tea, driving, known drug problem, lice, dirty/disorganized house, prior convictions...well it's very challenging not to assume some tragic accident occurred. Whether something has been covered up or not is a completely different matter.

I have seen some defense of the aforementioned lifestyle as some perceived bash towards country living and country folk. That's hogwash. The vast majority of country folk aren't involved in the addictive and behavioral challenges the W adults have displayed. Using the W family as an icon of country living is a poor representation.

All this being said, I find most WS members to be kind hearted and always wishing troubled families well. Let's hope that nothing nefarious happened to SW, and that we will eventually know her fate. Eventually we will learn if neglect paid a role in this as well. Still praying for this beautiful little child, and hoping for a discovery soon. Very sad.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It’s been bothering me, I feel like it’s really odd two females from the family simply vanished without a trace. Completely vanished. As an honest question, has this similar situation happen in other cases?

Having one tragedy doesn’t immunize the family from another; it’s not as if tragedies are “one and done.” Rose was a young mother with documented marital woes who fabricated a story about meeting up with a cousin. Summer is a 5yr old who vanished from her home.

Now, if Rose disappeared when she was a child under the supervision of CH, I might take a closer look at CH. But that’s not what happened. Rose has a thread here - I don’t know how to link threads.

Do we know if Rose fabricated a story? I mean i have personally told people things that they got entirely wrong because, I guess, they weren't paying any attention to what I said (idk). So, don't we just know what someone said she said? Or did she leave a note?

Her disappearance is different from SW's and is probably unrelated, but since we don't know what happened to either one of them, it's not impossible there's some connection although I don't have any theory as to what it might be.

SW probably said several things the day she went missing. Although, none of those seem to be related to her disappearance, since we don't know what happened... She might have said something someone misinterpreted. Such as she said she wanted to go into the house to play with her brothers (according to CB).

The house is considered the most important part of that statement. But, maybe she wanted to play some specific game or whatever with one or more of her brothers and when they didn't play with her, she went off to play whatever it was by herself. But, hypothetically, no one really understood that was her plan.

The whole day seems weird and off to me. Maybe not on purpose. Maybe that's why no one can figure it out because the thing that really matters just hasn't been figured out by anyone, try as they might.

I feel like they were deliberately wasting time in Kingsport. That's not illegal or anything, people can waste time if they want, but why? Even if it's a trivial reason such as "it's boring at home", that's still a reason.

One thing that surprised me the most was when I heard the square footage on their house (i think it's 720). I mean, that's fine, but i had assumed it was larger. In fact, i assumed there was a bathroom downstairs (it's upstairs) even though there was literally no reason to think that. No one ever said there was one down there. But, i guess that was just part of me thinking the house was bigger. (It's okay to have a small house, so i don't mean anything negative, only i think it looks bigger in pictures or something.) This is why I stopped making assumptions, i assumed some things for no reason. They weren't mean things, just incorrect things.

So, yeah, it's weird to me that H and A stayed there for a while when DW was gone, even bringing J. Then there were all of A's friends from NY that visited her there. I think some of them had to have tents or campers or something... It's weird because the house is so small.

I think it's important to remember that the adults are not from Tennessee. They have all lived in several states. They all probably have become acquainted with a lot more people than the average person. They have strong connections to some places like Utah and Wisconsin, but they also have connections to Arkansas, Texas, Illinois. CB was in the carnival, DW has been in prison, CH managed a hotel. They know a lot of people. This is different from someone who has lived on Ben Hill their entire life, occasionally venturing into Kingsport.

Excellent point Lonetraveler. Frigid water can chill to the bone.
It wasn't just the chill of the mountain water. Candus has stated that only slurpees were purchased at Sonic, no food, which would also make her temperature drop.
I'm confused as to why, if she was redressed in her "school outfit" why she still had to sit on a pillow because she was wet. Makes no sense to me at all. At that point, she should have been dry. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298