AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion:

Karen's Buckley's murder by Adam Pacteau (forgive me I did look but cannot locate the thread here but it was/is here)

The Scottish Police had their eyes on the suspect for a few days THEN gave out vague details of the car driving around the rural Scottish area...they knew all along as outlined in court but played their cards close to their chest.

I'm getting deja vu to Karen's case. Could it possibly be the same scenario here?

Just my humble opinion...

My opinion:

Karen's Buckley's murder by Adam Pacteau (forgive me I did look but cannot locate the thread here but it was/is here)

The Scottish Police had their eyes on the suspect for a few days THEN gave out vague details of the car driving around the rural Scottish area...they knew all along as outlined in court but played their cards close to their chest.

I'm getting deja vu to Karen's case. Could it possibly be the same scenario here?

Just my humble opinion...

I am not familiar with this case at all, but I definitely get the feeling this "witness" is not a witness but a suspect. Also, if you were on that road that day randomly and then a kid went missing and you were innocent... wouldn't you come forward? The fact that this person has not already come forward to give any info they could have is suspicious.

LE absolutely would generate a list of registered owners. However... if the vehicle is registered in another state, it would be far more challenging.

Assuming the witness got a license number. If the tailgate was down, it might hide the numbers. Or if the witness didn't know it was important at the time, they might not remember.

Does Tennessee require both front and back plates? What about neighboring states?

I am not familiar with this case at all, but I definitely get the feeling this "witness" is not a witness but a suspect. Also, if you were on that road that day randomly and then a kid went missing and you were innocent... wouldn't you come forward? The fact that this person has not already come forward to give any info they could have is suspicious.

Yeah, but not everyone spends every waking moment on the internet, you know ? It's possible this person doesn't even know LE is looking for them. I'm sure it will be on the news tonight and tomorrow, so maybe someone will contact LE then. We can hope, anyway.

I’m not overly excited about this pickup lead. I’ve followed quite a few cases where this sort of thing happened late in the game, and the vehicle of interest turned out to be irrelevant.

I’m only surprised it didn’t happen sooner.

Yeah, but not everyone spends every waking moment on the internet, you know ? It's possible this person doesn't even know LE is looking for them. I'm sure it will be on the news tonight and tomorrow, so maybe someone will contact LE then. We can hope, anyway.

You're right. After I thought that and posted that, I sorta mentally backed away from that. I definitely WANT it to be significant which is coloring my views.

I’m not overly excited about this pickup lead. I’ve followed quite a few cases where this sort of thing happened late in the game, and the vehicle of interest turned out to be irrelevant.

I am often surprised at how long things can take. A lot of thoughts like, well certainly by NOW they've seen all cell phone records and reviewed all footage, etc etc etc. It always takes longer than it seems like it should.

@Blue1vey You are seen and heard. I know nada about statistics and survey wise with that stuff I'd have to ask one of my Ivy League friends. Heck even a Senior in High School.

This is just me. My opinion. First people murder for different reasons. Some probably justifiably. You murder for money, revenge, you're mad at the world. Now, you're an RSO.
Why do you manipulate a child OR an underage girlfriend into a position that they can't consent to? Money? You're a human trafficker. Revenge? You have no sexual desires towards children yet in revenge you'll sexually assault them? No. Don't work that way.

However as I said you are heard because as good a tool as the RSO list is......we so know there's people never dimed on. There's gotta be a first for a pedophile. Are he/she on a registry? Zipcodes? Pfffftttttt. Uhhhh do they drive? I'll spare everyone because I could go on. Actually my wrath is on the people who KNOW your kids Uncle Fred gets himself into a mess with kids but what your kid claims happened to them isn't true.

Obviously not based on science. I do believe some of pedophilia is genetic.

Also, recognized is that ALL those on an RSO list wouldn't hurt a child. Just women. Or probably men as well.

That was all obviously based on emotion. We could have a good discussion once they find this gorgeous girl.

Peace.

My whole point in being... I think it odd that someone under the watchful eye of the public AND with their name on a publicly available list that says “I sexually offend children.” is going to reoffend quite as quickly as a person who isn’t publicly labeled a sex offender.

Labels associate, group, and define someone. The label RSO automatically brings them to the top of suspect lists. I am not disputing this justifiable action. I only commented because I have always found this odd. Who is more apt to abduct a child, an RSO who’s entire neighborhood knows the details of their record, or Uncle Fred, as you deemed him, who is a closet sex offender who has yet to be caught? Or a person in the community who is completely unknown, just passing through, and decides to snatch up a little girl from the community?

It is GOOD that we have this instinct to question convicted people in our subconscious, but the oddity is the fact that they are already labeled and watched, or at least their offense has been made public. I would assume this is a deviant regarding to the urge to reoffend.

I also made NO excuses for convicted criminals. But the fact of the matter is, is each person on that registry has different circumstances surrounding their cases. How many of those convicted offenders actually did NOT commit the crime of their conviction? How many were 30 days past 18, with no record, straight a’s and still dating their sophomore high school sweetheart, whom they’ve dated for some time, and the parents of the underage partner became disgruntled and called the police? Would convicted offenders with cases such as these abduct a child? Not likely.

There are as many sub-groups of sexual offense as there are people in a community. Each convicted person on the RSO list, has a disadvantage to the public when attempting to reoffend, whereas a non-offender could commit and conceal their sexual offense, almost unnoticed.

Bottom line: This is my OPINION and we’re all just speculating here. Even “odd” comments on a thread such as this can get someone’s wheels turning, possibly someone who knows more about the case. The snarky tone is not appreciated, also. The best investigators in history have had to think outside of the box.

I am often surprised at how long things can take. A lot of thoughts like, well certainly by NOW they've seen all cell phone records and reviewed all footage, etc etc etc. It always takes longer than it seems like it should.

That's a fact. And, however long it does take, it FEELS like so much longer when there's even the remotest of possibilities that a child might still be alive and in danger.

Ugh. Just beyond frustrating.

Agreed. Missing child cases take major urgency for positive outcomes. Seems like if this information was pertinent, it would have been released way earlier, imo. Of course there may have been a delay in someone turning in security footage, but it seems like TBI has been leaning against an abduction in this case from the beginning.

Assuming the witness got a license number. If the tailgate was down, it might hide the numbers. Or if the witness didn't know it was important at the time, they might not remember.

Does Tennessee require both front and back plates? What about neighboring states?

TN only requires rear tags. And, to clarify, they can generate a list of owners based on Make/Model/Year. They don't need a tag number.

ETA: That's why I said it would be more challenging if it were registered in a different state.

Agreed. Missing child cases take major urgency for positive outcomes. Seems like if this information was pertinent, it would have been released way earlier, imo. Of course there may have been a delay in someone turning in security footage, but it seems like TBI has been leaning against an abduction in this case from the beginning.

I think abduction seemed so unlikely even to those of us on the outside, since it's such a quiet street / area, and nobody heard a car or saw anything happening. I fear they might've spent more resources searching the woods and interrogating the family and not as many resources on the seemingly outside chance that Summer was abducted.

Can't they run the model/year/color and find a few of those in that county? How many people in 2021 have a 1998-2000 rig registered. With that description? If 1998 that's a 23 year old work pickup. There's something funny going on, they should already have a list of owners, if not the exact drivers. LE already would have canvassed shops and registered tradespeople, "yellow pages", re drywall services, if that's what the gear is for.

I've seen painters using those white buckets. When I lived in Massachusetts, people in my area at least, actually called them "painters' buckets." Tilers use them, too... but they wouldn't need a ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove