AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that I think the witness who said the pick-up can't remember if they saw it the 14 or 15. If it's someone who lives in the area and it stood out to them because it's an unfamiliar vehicle, they may have "logged" sighting in their brain and remember it being early that week but just honestly can't remember if it was Mon or Tues. I find that very plausible. I often say that I would make a horrible eye witness because I'm terrible at remembering details about what I've seen when out in public or even at home.
Totally me too! I often used to worry that if one of my children went missing and I had to give a description of what they were wearing well uhmmm not sure.

As previously stated by LE, it is the time of year to mow the fields. There are plenty of properties near the residence that would require outside laborers. Sometimes, farmers hire day laborers. Those farmers may or may not have records of the personal information of those laborers. Perhaps the truck belongs to someone who was working in the area temporarily.

It is also likely to be what another poster stated up thread. Someone saw the vehicle, but is unsure of the date. Maybe it was in the area both days.

I think the good news is, if they witnessed something or have any information, this is a pretty detailed description of a vehicle (ladder, buckets. Etc) and if the owner doesn’t follow media/hear the request to contact TBI, then chances are someone might recognize the vehicle description and call it in.

All JMO

Hm, now that you've highlighted it like that--it sounds like it could be a contractor's truck, maybe driving to/from a job or something?

Would that model of a toyota have built in GPS? a model 1998-2000, pretty old.

Actually it must be a sighting by a knowledgeable person, how many people would know the year, within 2 years of a toyota tacoma. I wouldn't and I've had toyota pickups since about 1984.

TBI looks to talk to pickup truck driver as search continues for Summer Wells

TBI searching for potential witness in the case of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells

[...]

The TBI has been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time of Summer's disappearance to determine what they may have seen or heard.

In this process officials have identified a Toyota pickup truck that was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon or early evening of Monday, June 14 or Tuesday, June 15. The pickup is described as a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.

[...]

The TBI is stressing that this individual is not a suspect, but a potential witness who may have seen or heard something that may help in the search for Summer.

Actually it must be knowledgeable sighting, how many people would know the year, within 2 years of a toyota tacoma.

That was why my gut reaction was video, to have the date within a 2 year period, and the model. As opposed to:

A red or maroon Toyota, possibly a Tacoma, Tundra or T100 late 90’s early 2000 model with a ladder rack and some materials in the back.

JMO

Actually it must be a sighting by a knowledgeable person, how many people would know the year, within 2 years of a toyota tacoma. I wouldn't and I've had toyota pickups since about 1984.
Normally don't reply to my own posts, but thinking it through a bit....could be that there is <modsnip> someone knowing a lot about who might own that specific model and color of Toyota Tacoma. And maybe chose this way to <modsnip> rather than just naming names and drawing attention to themself.

Last edited by a moderator:

If a witness sighting it could be 1) they own that same model and/or 2) it has distinct changes on the outside that set it apart from previous or later Tacoma models.

I'd lean on a lot of point one, i was always looking at differences between the car I owned and the same model, but also two, because it could be one change that makes it VERY different from others.

Maybe they saw the truck on surveillance in the area and that’s how they have such a detailed description. We may never know. Hopefully the driver comes forward.
With that quite detailed description, along with tools of the trade for drywall installation or other trade needing buckets, and ladder, if someone doesn't come forward right away that's a big give. IMO that description of that specific model, color, tools, etc will be on TV, ......everyone will be kidding the owner of that truck. Better turn him/herself in, I'd say...

If a witness sighting it could be 1) they own that same model and/or 2) it has distinct changes on the outside that set it apart from previous or later Tacoma models.

I'd lean on a lot of point one, i was always looking at differences between the car I owned and the same model, but also two, because it could be one change that makes it VERY different from others.
Given the setup described re buckets, ladder, etc, it could be someone who works in the same trade, meaning they would id that type of toyota........they would know the specific purpose of those tools.

Normally don't reply to my own posts, but thinking it through a bit....could be that there is <modsnip> someone knowing a lot about who might own that specific model and color of Toyota Tacoma. And maybe chose this way to <modsnip> rather than just naming names and drawing attention to themself.
That's an excellent point.

Hm, now that you've highlighted it like that--it sounds like it could be a contractor's truck, maybe driving to/from a job or something?

Isn't Ben Hill Rd. a dead end road with just a couple of houses on it ? Seems like it would be pretty easy to track down a contractor's truck doing work down there. But maybe I'm mistaken on what the road is actually like ? I dunno.

ETA: Of course, there could be any number of reasons a contractor's truck might be on that road without actually doing a job down there.

M opinion: maybe the truck was seen the day before, but it's the only vehicle they've caught on camera / seen by witnesses so far that can't be accounted for. Beech Creek Road gets a decent amount of traffic (350ish vehicles per day, according to the link I shared in an earlier thread), but Ben Hill Road is a much quieter street. If that truck was on Ben Hill Road even the day before her disappearance, and it's not someone who lives on that street, it could be important. It's exactly the kind of thread LE needs to be pulling on right now because it doesn't sound like they've got anything else to go on, based on Thursday's presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove