AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how much of an idyllic country childhood picture anyone wants to paint, TBI has not cleared anyone, nor taken anything off the table. A credible timeline of when Summer was last seen has not been established.

Or Evelyn Boswell. Try putting together a timeline when a parent doesn't report a child missing for 2 months !

Thank God TN passed Evelyn's Law, which now makes it a crime not to report a missing child within 48 hours.
Your post just made me think even more about what happened between swimming and the call to 911....ugh Summer where are you!

Hi. This is my first post. I think it's ok to share this link from the TBI AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

UPDATED: 6/26/21 at 4:25 p.m. (ET) – As we’ve previously mentioned, we have been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared to determine what they may have seen or heard, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed to them at the time. Every detail is important.

In the process of doing this, we received information that a Toyota pickup truck was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th. The pickup is possibly a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.

We have been unable to identify the driver of this truck. Due to this, we are asking this driver to contact us at 1-800-TBI-FIND. We would like to speak with you to confirm this information and ask what you may have heard or seen at the time. If you are the driver of this truck, please contact us.

We want to stress that this individual is not a suspect, but is a potential witness who may have heard or seen something that may help us in our search for Summer.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see how WE can come up with any kind of a credible timeline, so I'm just going to give up on that and start looking at maps instead.

SUPER frustrating case.

ETA: Okay also giving up on looking at maps. With the last seen time now being given as somewhere between 12 noon and 3 pm, she could be anywhere from Kingsport to Rogersville for all we know. :(

The waiting is always the hardest part. It makes our heart hurt, and tears on our cheeks.

I agree, LE not releasing information and the comments ....everyone is of interest, everything is on the table, etc. Its so FBI doesn't give information to interfere with the case, and I believe so they don't look back, I'd they have botched an investigatuon. MOO...

We've had MSM report a number of quoted discrepancies.

First news conference, BEFORE the FBI showed up. Sheriff said last scene around 6pm, by the brothers. Now TBI says last scene "early afternoon. Dad never gave an exact time, except for time of 911 call at 6:30 confirmed by Sheriff and TBI.

Moo...

I think, as it may have been you who suggested, the FBI maybe using a time "early afternoon ", by a non family member (swimming???).

Moo
I think they went swimming, had to be afternoon, the water is freezing this time of year. Dropped off the friend, got home around 4ish, changed out of swimming clothes, maybe ate a sandwich, went to visit grandma's and pittiled around planting flowers. Planting flowers is really boring to my GK, loosing interest/distracted quickly.

She walks to the house, pesters her brothers, who blow little sister off for videos or games, she goes downstairs maybe drags out a few toys, gets bored, thinks I'm not going back to grandma and those flowers and she heads out the back door, knowing she won't be seen.

Mom comes home around 5:30 or 6ish from grandma's, washes up from the dirt, and goes to check on the kids. The boys say she in the basement, no Summer. She goes outside and calls her, then starts to walk around calling her. Maybe goes in and tells the boys to go get grandma and come help look for her. After 15 minutes or so they realize she's wondered off. Mom calls dad, he tells her to all the neighbors, he hangs up and calls 911. Father admits he did follow the speed limit home, nor would I.

Why so long for LE to arrive? Most counties are divided into quadrants and depending on the number of officers, depends on how many quadrants or areas of the county each must cover. If an officer is on the far end of the county, it takes awhile.

I'm less than two miles from the sheriffs dept. We had shots fired in our quiet neighborhood one night. It took an hour and 15 minutes for an officer to arrive. All the neighbors were ferocious, the officer said, it was a busy night and he was 20 miles away on a call.

No law enfoecement agent is going to release a timeline and exact information of how the investigation is unfolding. It's always discussed after the person is found and usually in great detail, sometimes charts or whiteboards.

Recent abduction from a church in SW Virginia. It was released by LE afterwards, the abductor had been stalking church F B pages looking for the right kid for 3 months.

Hopefully, Summer will be found soon and we will know what the beautiful child has suffered.

Moo...

Good post.

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe that LE is now giving the last seen time as early afternoon because they don't find the family's timeline to be credible, so they feel it necessary to go with the time she was last seen by a non family member. The thing is, if LE can't rely on what a family member reports, then neither can we. If we take what DW says at face value, and if he really was at work that day , then all he really knows is what his wife has told him, so we really can't rely on what he says either, in terms of a timeline. That leaves us with a whole lot of time we can't account for, and a whole lot of unknown physical ground we can't possibly cover. Basically, we've hit a wall. I just pray that LE hasn't hit the same wall, you know ? But they do sound incredibly frustrated. Like we all are. :(

We just posted this update in the ongoing search for Summer Wells. Agents and @HawkinsCountySO detectives continue to work around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area of Ben Hill Road on the afternoon Summer went missing. #TNAMBERAlert

https://twitter.com/TBILeslie/status/1408886087456636930

MEDIA: We are asking for your assistance in reaching out to a potential witness in the area of Ben Hill Road on the afternoon that Summer Wells went missing.

Click on the link below for additional information. #TNAMBERAlert

MORE: https://tbinewsroom.com/2021/06/16/amber-alert-summer-wells/

E41c6LlXMAIilNj.jpg

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1408885375980953605

Drove around some eastern deciduous forest today. Asked my wife....do you think a 5 yr. old would walk in to that mess, barefoot? Mrs. Statt. said simply....no way.

This old country boy ain't buyin' it.

None of it.

Well, except the part where nobody's been ruled out, and the having trouble with the timeline, and the "supposedly" comment, and the not quite being able to clarify the circumstances of Summer's disappearance.

Welcome avlmtns and thanks for update

Thank you. I have been checking for updates about Summer since day one. I live just a couple of hours away in the NC mountains. I feel the frustration you all do, and can't even imagine what the family and the people searching for her and investigating are going through. I hope we all get some answers very soon!

Hi. This is my first post. I think it's ok to share this link from the TBI AMBER Alert – Summer Wells

UPDATED: 6/26/21 at 4:25 p.m. (ET) – As we’ve previously mentioned, we have been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time 5-year-old Summer Wells disappeared to determine what they may have seen or heard, no matter how insignificant it may have seemed to them at the time. Every detail is important.

In the process of doing this, we received information that a Toyota pickup truck was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon to early evening on either Monday, June 14th, or Tuesday, June 15th. The pickup is possibly a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.

We have been unable to identify the driver of this truck. Due to this, we are asking this driver to contact us at 1-800-TBI-FIND. We would like to speak with you to confirm this information and ask what you may have heard or seen at the time. If you are the driver of this truck, please contact us.

We want to stress that this individual is not a suspect, but is a potential witness who may have heard or seen something that may help us in our search for Summer.

BINGO!!! Knew it!!!
MOO

I take the two dates as meaning someone saw this truck (not on video or they'd have an exact time) and found it suspicious but can't recall the evening. Or perhaps it was spotted both nights and someone else may have seen it one or both nights.

<modsnip>

I wonder if the information they received is from someone who may have seen this truck but not sure if it was on the 14th or 15th, rather than it being anything nefarious.

I take the two dates as meaning someone saw this truck (not on video or they'd have an exact time) and found it suspicious but can't recall the evening. Or perhaps it was spotted both nights and someone else may have seen it one or both nights.

<modsnip>
Snap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds plausible except LE are now saying Summer went missing early afternoon, so it appears if she did go for a walk it was a lot longer than 10 minutes. We're talking hours as the call was placed at 6.30 p.m.

I am wondering if LE is using "last seen" as the last time she was seen by someone outside of the family. It would be the same issue if the planting flowers story is true. MOO

Okay well...wth ?! The 14th ?!

MO on a possibility:

Imagine LE tracks down the vehicle by cousin X calling in to say that sounds like cousin Y’s vehicle. Y is contacted by LE - “Oh yeah, I was in that area on the 14th.”
All while possibly LE has video evidence to point to the 15th during a certain time frame.

Again an opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members