AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'll take a lot of heat for saying this, but I'm still perplexed as to how DW arrived on scene before LE did if he was working all the way in Jonesboro, almost an hour drive from the house. I've even considered that maybe he called 911 from his cell phone while he was on the road, but he clearly says that he called 911, threw his tools in his vehicle and then headed home. Assuming all that's true, it would mean that it took LE over an hour to respond to a report of a missing child, even though the Sheriff's department is only 30 minutes away. Without throwing any shade on Mr. Wells or the Sheriff's Department...I just can't seem to reconcile this in my mind. LE has never stated whether or not they have verified that DW was at work , but of course that is one of the first things they would have attempted to do. Why not just come right out and say that they have verified that Mr. Wells was at work that day, rather than say that everyone is a person of interest in this case. It just seems like a huge disservice to Mr. Wells NOT to go ahead and clear him publicly if they have already verified that he was at work that day. Of course, if they can't verify that , then that's a whole other ball of yarn.

(Sigh) I dunno. All of this timeline stuff is giving me a major migraine.
As someone who grew up in a rural area, I don't find it surprising that a distraught parent would make it home sooner than sheriff's deputies would arrive on scene. The rural county I grew up in sometimes has as few as two deputies on duty to patrol a 512-square-mile area. If they both happen to be on the northern end of the county and something happens on the southern end, it could easily take them an hour or more to respond. I spent five years working as a breaking news reporter and regularly arrived on scenes before law enforcement.

There are several possible reasons for that discrepancy.

The 911 call itself is more important than the dispatch audio.
I agree, the dispatcher said....parents called, 4 year old, missing, ten minutes.
Actual call ....the Father called, child is 5 years old.

I'm not judging anyone until the actual 911 from the father is released. 911 calls from dispatch to LE, are available on several public websites. LE can hold the call from the father to 911 under FOIA, as long as the investigation is open.

Most all 911 calls are a very condensed version of the actual call. Dispatcher must condense due to radio traffic. I'm sure FBI/CARD have an electronic footprint of where the call came from, every cell tower the dads phone hit, calculated his travel time and the exact verbiage from the father.

Moo...

Last edited:
That's what I thought. So no one except the mother saw her enter the house? But both grandma and Mom do say they saw her there at grandma's trailer at that time, ie working in the garden or planting pots just before going to her own house? Have any of the boys stated officially, ie news reports, that they saw her enter the house?
Again according to DW's interviews he said the boys were inside watching youtube and they told CW when she came in looking for Summer that she'd gone down to the basement to play with her toys. It's a case of third and second party info. though so who knows how accurate this is or if it's changed.

Again according to DW's interviews he said the boys were inside watching youtube and they told CW when she came in looking for Summer that she'd gone down to the basement to play with her toys. It's a case of third and second party info. though so who knows how accurate this is or if it's changed.
Thanks. There is so much information it's hard to tell what is official details or not.

New video of Summer in church around Easter

If anyone is so inclined, there is more video of Summer at the very beginning of this church service. You'll have to go look for it though. But it's worth looking for. MOO.

ETA: there is also more video of this part of the church service that's worth a look, around the 27 minute mark of the full church recording.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see how WE can come up with any kind of a credible timeline, so I'm just going to give up on that and start looking at maps instead.

SUPER frustrating case.

ETA: Okay also giving up on looking at maps. With the last seen time now being given as somewhere between 12 noon and 3 pm, she could be anywhere from Kingsport to Rogersville for all we know. :(

Last edited:
Is there any reliable information about where she had been earlier in the day? I checked the timeline here on WS but don't see any reference to where she may have gone? Was she home all day?

Summer reportedly went swimming with her mother <modsnip> Her mother made a TikTok video when Summer was playing in the water.

No other reliable timeline until the 911 call around ~6:30pm.

I would like to make a statement on the high volume of RSOs in general, just as a note. There are different reasons why a person might be convicted and found guilty of a crime. Let’s take, for example, a group of people who have been found guilty of murder. How many of those convicted murderers, did in fact, murder someone, but due to lack of evidence in the alleged murderer’s defense, were convicted by a jury of under-educated, not uneducated, citizens, and had actually murdered in self defense? Or, god forbid, one of those convicted murderers were falsely convicted?

It would take investigative work to individually asses each RSO. Each RSOs offense will vary in degree. I assume there are RSOs who, ignorantly, developed a relationship with an underage person, parents discovered the inappropriate relationship, etc. An RSO such as this is legally guilty, but does that mean that the RSO would abduct someone else’s child? Absolutely not.

I do understand why local RSOs are elevated to the top of the pile when children go missing. I completely understand this justified action. But, weirdly, I’ve always found it odd that the angry mob, wielding their pitchforks, show up at the nearest RSO’s door first. (No offense to any member who has mentioned RSOs by the way. I am not comparing you to an “an angry mob”, and am only providing insight and detail to the way I think.)

In my mind, I subconsciously assume this would be the obvious suspect. But, call me crazy, RSOs are RSOs for a reason. I’d be curious to see the statistics, from a credible source, of the RSOs that go on to commit more sexual offenses. My best assumption would be that a majority of them don’t, due to already being monitored. I might be incorrect, but this is how my mind works.

Last edited:
I'm going to stick with the abduction theory. Did CW bring Summer home after swimming, or did she let someone else bring her home and they didn't, which is why DW immediately said she had been taken?
If anyone is so inclined, there is more video of Summer at the very beginning of this church service. You'll have to go look for it though. But it's worth looking for. MOO.

ETA: there is also more video of this part of the church service that's worth a look, around the 27 minute mark of the full church recording.
A link would help.

Was it just one LE person who responded, or did they take time to gather one or more searchers too? That could easily have taken most of 30 minutes by the time they call people and the people report to the gathering place.

That's a good point, Carbuff. I would think they would have sent at least one officer out there to take the written report before amassing a whole search crew. Especially since they had no way of knowing exactly what they were dealing with. But honestly, I really don't know.

But the dispatch call said she had been missing for 10 minutes.

Maybe they mean 10 minutes ago is when they realized she was missing. I wonder if there could have been several hours during which mom was upstairs and assumed Summer was playing in the basement but now no one really knows exactly when during that time period she actually exited the house.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see how WE can come up with any kind of a credible timeline, so I'm just going to give up on that and start looking at maps instead.

SUPER frustrating case.

ETA: Okay also giving up on looking at maps. With the last seen time now being given as somewhere between 12 noon and 3 pm, she could be anywhere from Kingsport to Rogersville for all we know. :(
I agree very frustrating, we have virtually nothing to go on.

I know I'll take a lot of heat for saying this, but I'm still perplexed as to how DW arrived on scene before LE did if he was working all the way in Jonesboro, almost an hour drive from the house. I've even considered that maybe he called 911 from his cell phone while he was on the road, but he clearly says that he called 911, threw his tools in his vehicle and then headed home. Assuming all that's true, it would mean that it took LE over an hour to respond to a report of a missing child, even though the Sheriff's department is only 30 minutes away. Without throwing any shade on Mr. Wells or the Sheriff's Department...I just can't seem to reconcile this in my mind. LE has never stated whether or not they have verified that DW was at work , but of course that is one of the first things they would have attempted to do. Why not just come right out and say that they have verified that Mr. Wells was at work that day, rather than say that everyone is a person of interest in this case. It just seems like a huge disservice to Mr. Wells NOT to go ahead and clear him publicly if they have already verified that he was at work that day. Of course, if they can't verify that , then that's a whole other ball of yarn.

(Sigh) I dunno. All of this timeline stuff is giving me a major migraine.

I agree, LE not releasing information and the comments ....everyone is of interest, everything is on the table, etc. Its so FBI doesn't give information to interfere with the case, and I believe so they don't look back, if they have botched an investigatuon. MOO...

We've had MSM report a number of quoted discrepancies.

First news conference, BEFORE the FBI showed up. Sheriff said last scene around 6pm, by the brothers. Now TBI says last scene "early afternoon. Dad never gave an exact time, except for time of 911 call at 6:30 confirmed by Sheriff and TBI.

Moo...

I think, as it may have been you who suggested, the FBI maybe using a time "early afternoon ", by a non family member (swimming???).

Moo
I think they went swimming, had to be afternoon, the water is freezing this time of year. Dropped off the friend, got home around 4ish, changed out of swimming clothes, maybe ate a sandwich, went to visit grandma's and pittiled around planting flowers. Planting flowers is really boring to my GK, loosing interest/distracted quickly.

She walks to the house, pesters her brothers, who blow little sister off for videos or games, she goes downstairs maybe drags out a few toys, gets bored, thinks I'm not going back to grandma and those flowers and she heads out the back door, knowing she won't be seen.

Mom comes home around 5:30 or 6ish from grandma's, washes up from the dirt, and goes to check on the kids. The boys say she's in the basement, no Summer. She goes outside and calls her, then starts to walk around calling her. Maybe goes in and tells the boys to go get grandma and come help look for her. After 15 minutes or so they realize she's wondered off. Mom calls dad, he tells her to call all the neighbors, he hangs up and calls 911. Father admits he did NOT follow the speed limit home, nor would I.

Why so long for LE to arrive? Most counties are divided into quadrants and depending on the number of officers, depends on how many quadrants or areas of the county each must cover. If an officer is on the far end of the county, it takes awhile.

I'm less than two miles from the sheriffs dept. We had shots fired in our quiet neighborhood one night. It took an hour and 15 minutes for an officer to arrive. All the neighbors were ferocious, the officer said, it was a busy night and he was 20 miles away on a call.

No law enforcement agency is going to release a timeline and exact information of how the investigation is unfolding. It's always discussed after the person is found and usually in great detail, sometimes charts or whiteboards.

Recent abduction from a church in SW Virginia. It was released by LE afterwards, the abductor had been stalking church F B pages looking for the right kid for 3 months.

Hopefully, Summer will be found soon and we will know what the beautiful child has suffered.

Moo...

Last edited:
I'm going to stick with the abduction theory. Did CW bring Summer home after swimming, or did she let someone else bring her home and they didn't, which is why DW immediately said she had been taken?

A link would help.
Sorry, it's a Facebook live video which I don't think I'm allowed to link. You can find it easily on FB Kingsport Seventh Day Adventist dated 4/2/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx