AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that means abduction is out?
ETA: "In the above quote, he said the team provides assistance in cases of “non-family abductions” as well as instances of ransom abductions and other mysterious child disappearances."

I wouldn't say abduction is out, but the fact that they still have search teams in the general location of her house tells me it's not the direction they're looking right now.

From the link FBI deploys specialized team of child abduction experts to assist in Search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

"We have deployed our Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) Team. FBI CARD Teams consist of highly trained and experienced subject-matter experts, including of FBI agents, intelligence analysts, and behavioral analysis profilers. CARD also utilizes resources from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and a variety of search teams. CARD Teams provide on-the-ground investigative, technical, analytical, and resource assistance during non-family child abductions, ransom child abductions, and mysterious disappearances of children."

If I were in charge of making the call to bring these highly trained experts in, in a missing child case - even if I had no reason to believe there was an abduction - they'd be the first agency I'd call. The CARD team has a LOT of wisdom and experience in such cases so, I'm glad they're on board searching for Summer.

jmo

Ok. I would bet (moo) the boys have been gone for more than 2 to 10 minutes (or much more) without a parent knowing where they were and eventually showed up.
What made this situation different?
imo, moo, imho

At the presser the other day it was said that Summer was last seen, early afternoon.
The 911 call didn't happen until 6:30.

I think that's probably what makes this different.

jmo

I too grew up just like this family when I was 4-5 years old.

I was always barefoot, wandered. But I can't recall if I always did within my parents rule. I would be gone for HOURS......... even at that age. That was back in the early 60's.

I look back on such... for that time....... and years and years after.. that I was OFTEN in the woods.

And when I was in my 30's... had my family members kiddos on a vacay with just me.. and allowed them to venture. ALONE in the woods.

I cannot imagine if something happened to my niece and her friend that were young children. But I did indeed allow them in the 80's to venture in the woods as I did.

Collision of worlds. Not even as an adult would I go in woods. My friend lives in the Pine Barrens. Nope. Even to get to his truck I wouldn't.wear flip-flops. Shoes.

It's good we are all so diverse here on WS. We get a better understanding. Somebody here from a rural area would drive around my block and look for a bulletproof vest.

This beautiful country girl, Summer has stolen our hearts.

Reminder no flip-flops in the city. You can't run in them or ya might step on something nasty.

ITA
In my mind it mirrors Jessica Lunsford case in more ways than one.

MOO

I didn't know much about Jessica's case, so i've just read up about it, i'm not really seeing any similarities at all? She went missing in the middle of the night and not from a rural area like our sweet Summer here? Please can you enlighten me :)

Hawkins County Rescue Squad
1 hour ago

Saturday, June 26th Supply Donation Information for Beech Creek Search
***PLEASE SHARE***

Due to over whelming support from the community, region, State of TN, and neighboring states we have paused the donation of supplies for the crews searching for Summer Wells.

The Logistics Section will reevaluate the supplies on Saturday evening for the following search days and if any supplies are needed, we will post those here on our Facebook Page.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Logistic Section Officer Sandra Lewis at 423-231-4254 by phone or text.

On behalf of all the crews and agencies, we greatly appreciate all those who have brought or donated supplies and kept us in your prayers. Please continue to pray for the safe return of Summer and for the safety of all crews involved in the search efforts.

Updated: 12:00 PM 6/26/2021

206908896_4575464665817727_4761317336062347713_n.jpg

@Mountain_Kat, here's a link to some info about the karst topography, there are over 10,000 caves in TN, basically there's a natural basement under the state. This is why the locals talk about her disappearing this way. The limestone bedrock can break through and form a fissure, a larger break forms a sinkhole. A person can slide through a fissure, especially a small person, but ever finding them is unlikely unless someone saw it happen and had the gear to get to them and bring them back up, if they lived through the fall.
Geologic
There are caving societies that explore entrances to secret caves in TN, but they are like fight club, the first rule is don't talk about where the caves are, it's to keep inexperienced and unprepared people from exploring. You need to be able to get back out, not get lost, and not die of hypothermia because its cold underground and there's no cell service.
Here's a story about a huge one discovered by a 13 year old boy who crawled 300 feet to get in. After they opened up the entrance, they discovered ancient jaguar and elk bones that had slid down fissures and died down there.
There are some really nice big ones in TN that tourists pay for guided tours, with stairs built in and trippy lights and velvet ropes so you don't touch the stalactites and stalagmites and tear things up.
It's worth paying to see, especially on a hot day. One even has opened back up to putting on really cool underground concerts.
Discovering Tennessee’s Lost Sea - The Boston Globe

Thanks, Honey. I'm not sure why you singled me out for this info, though. I'm a local, and a back country hiker and I've even done some spelunking (although, I do NOT enjoy it. I'm a bit claustrophobic. ). But anyway, good information.

Now that the dispatch call is in MSM, I will say that, I absolutely understand what everyone has said about the dispatcher condensing and summarizing and possibly slightly changing what Mom had initially told them. However, isn't it also possible what the dispatcher said was accurate and Mom really did go for a walk? I alluded to something similar many days ago.

Let's say Mom went for a short walk - maybe to a neighbor's house or maybe she just goes for walks sometimes? Summer would have then had ten minutes or so where she could have been abducted. I completely feel her brothers were probably preoccupied with their games and would not have noticed someone by the house or even noticed her wandering off.

Mom comes home, realizes she is missing, calls dispatch and tells them the true story, but then starts feeling guilty she was not at home when this happened and they decide to tell the media a different story and perhaps even the police. Now, even if this happened this way, the mother is not to blame and I am not placing blame on her. But I understand a parent feeling guilty or embarrassed for being gone when/if something happened. Maybe they did plant flowers earlier before the walk so that's the story they went with for the public. Just an idea.

WATCH: Video shows missing Hawkins County 5-year-old in church months before disappearance – WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Michael Fontana has spent the last 10 days living in the center of the search for missing Hawkins County 5 year-old Summer Wells.

He lives just 1.7 miles away from the residence where Summer disappeared from. He can almost see the Mount Carmel church where investigators and search crews have set up central operations.

Fontana said this has been a hectic, unusual week for the Beech Creek community.

“Maybe 20 cars a day our house, now it’s all day, all night,” he said. “You have 40, 50, sometimes 100 police cars. You have helicopters flying around all the time.”

Just as the long search has frustrated authorities, it has done the same for members of the community waiting for answers as to what happened to Summer Wells.

I believe the entire video of Summer at church may not be allowed here.
My apologies for my many edits

Last edited:
Thanks, Honey. I'm not sure why you singled me out for this info, though. I'm a local, and a back country hiker and I've even done some spelunking (although, I do NOT enjoy it. I'm a bit claustrophobic. ). But anyway, good information.

It might have been meant for me (?) I had said I wish I could see a geological study on the area. I had speculated that Summer could have fallen into some sort of natural void underground... don't remember my exact words but I talked about how Florida has sinkholes, etc but didn't know much about TN... Unfortunately these types of accidents do happen due to land irregularities (natural or man-made.) Anyway, I did love the information that everybodhi posted even if it wasn't directed at me!

At that age it's mostly leave all snakes alone and shoes aren't really a thing about snakes.

Also at that age, I probably picked up every snake I saw regardless of what I was told. My poor mother once had to deal with my new friend that I could wag his tail and make noise. (Yes, I picked up a baby rattlesnake.)
At that age it's mostly leave all snakes alone and shoes aren't really a thing about snakes.

Also at that age, I probably picked up every snake I saw regardless of what I was told. My poor mother once had to deal with my new friend that I could wag his tail and make noise. (Yes, I picked up a baby rattlesnake.)
I once caught a baby water snake in our pool and took it too school to give too my boyfriend in 4th grade. It turned out to be a water moccasin and it bit him. He broke up with me after he got out of the hospital.
I was also one of those barefoot country girls who grew up next door to the Everglades. absolutely fearless!

It might have been meant for me (?) I had said I wish I could see a geological study on the area. I had speculated that Summer could have fallen into some sort of natural void underground... don't remember my exact words but I talked about how Florida has sinkholes, etc but didn't know much about TN... Unfortunately these types of accidents do happen due to land irregularities (natural or man-made.) Anyway, I did love the information that everybodhi posted even if it wasn't directed at me!

It's all good. I learned a few things from it too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove