AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this too until I checked the larger area around their property. There are woods, but directly northwest is a main road, and there are neighbors not far away. They live in a rural area but they aren't alone in the middle of acres of woods. So maybe that's why the parents were worried.
Ok. I would bet (moo) the boys have been gone for more than 2 to 10 minutes (or much more) without a parent knowing where they were and eventually showed up.
What made this situation different?
imo, moo, imho

Last edited:
Whenever RSOs are mentioned, I have to step in and say that yes, RSOs are bad - but the biggest threat to kids is a family member, relative, friend, or trusted adult. No one wants to think that their brother, for example, is molesting their kid, but he is a bigger threat than the RSO.

Am I coming to the defense of the 40+ RSOs in her town? No. Anyone familiar to the family should be questioned.

12 Confronting Statistics on Child Sexual Abuse

IMO- I think with over 100 agencies working on this case ( I think that was the last number reported) All doors are open as to what could have happened. IIRC, they are also looking in other states. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

O/T, remember the child that was missing and when found gave a story of making friends with a bear? Give me that outcome.

I really think she’s in the woods. Poor baby.
Hopefully not with some ole creeper <modsnip> sex offender... I had that thought at the beginning. Praying for Summer and her family and everyone looking for her and trying to figure out what the heck happened to her. IMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
In areas where snakes live ,do families teach children not to go barefoot in certain areas? Being in England we only have one variety of venomous snake so it is not really an issue
This thread is all about what families teach their children, apparently there's a lot of descepancy in how children are raised and then sometimes they don't do what they're taught. Parents think their kids will never do a lot of things, until they do.

In your opinion do you think she wandered off? I'm only giving this option because if you believe TBI are laying all their cards on the table, then abduction is out also.
Oh, I don't think, for one minute FBI, TBI or the Sheriff has laid out any cards. They have NOT released a time line, NOT ruled out neighbors, sexual offenders or a random person. The CARD team was brought in early, I don'~ think the family can outsmart these highly trained, forensic, behavioral analysis, internet cyber crime team.

If they had ANY evidence, at this point they wpuld be hammer someone with questions.

I think she was abducted either by a local or someone who stalked her.

Moo....

Last edited:
So, one would not be concerned if you as a child or your family members kiddos were gone for long periods as I understand you.
With that being said, why was this family so concerned so quickly?
I recall as a child my family would go to the mountains. My siblings and I would wander all over the place for hours. We would come back to the cabin when the sun was coming down.
Why were these parents so concerned so quickly under their usual rural living conditions?

Times have changed. This was the early 60's when I was in the same lifestyle as Summer. GREAT fabulous memories I would say. It was standard that at 5 years old I would be with neighbors looking at chicken coops, walking down dirt roads, walking though the woods for HOURS. With other 5 year olds etc.

Times have changed for many, but I have fond fond memories of those days. VERY fond memories of freedom as a child.

That said... my only input here is to say that this type of lifestyle... others may judge (not gonna repeat words used upstream that may have been deleted)... but a wonderful lifestyle that 50-60 years later.... fond memories that those who experienced should not be ashamed of.

So, one would not be concerned if you as a child or your family members kiddos were gone for long periods as I understand you.
With that being said, why was this family so concerned so quickly?
I recall as a child my family would go to the mountains. My siblings and I would wander all over the place for hours. We would come back to the cabin when the sun was coming down.
Why were these parents so concerned so quickly under their usual rural living conditions?

Good catch. Was always with someone else. Heck, need to move on from this comparison I have in my mind as this was over 55 years ago! Times have changed. Yet I grew up on dirt road, poor as dirt, my haircut 55 years ago looked just like Summer's short cut, gramma living near, etc etc etc. (not to throw shade, just how it was in rural area and my childhood and so long after 55 years...same)

ETA: Conjouring up Tulessa, the WS mountain woman from WS who watches over. And Foxfire, who knows the woods in the eastern half of the US. May they look over us at WS and bless the victims with our help.

Last edited:
I don’t see Summer in NamUs yet. I wish it was dept policy to put missing people & unidentified deceased in the system nationwide. LE has access to profile info that the public doesn’t. I like the intent behind the creation of this system, especially when missing or recovered children & adults can end up across the country. IMO

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

In areas where snakes live ,do families teach children not to go barefoot in certain areas? Being in England we only have one variety of venomous snake so it is not really an issue

At that age it's mostly leave all snakes alone and shoes aren't really a thing about snakes.

Also at that age, I probably picked up every snake I saw regardless of what I was told. My poor mother once had to deal with my new friend that I could wag his tail and make noise. (Yes, I picked up a baby rattlesnake.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila