AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see Summer in NamUs yet. I wish it was dept policy to put missing people & unidentified deceased in the system nationwide. LE has access to profile info that the public doesn’t. I like the intent behind the creation of this system, especially when missing or recovered children & adults can end up across the country. IMO

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Tennessee law requires that law enforcement enter missing persons into NAMUS.

2019 Tennessee Code :: Title 38 - Prevention and Detection of Crime :: Chapter 6 - Tennessee Bureau of Investigation :: Part 1 - General Provisions :: § 38-6-125. Help Find the Missing Act.

I didn't know much about Jessica's case, so i've just read up about it, i'm not really seeing any similarities at all? She went missing in the middle of the night and not from a rural area like our sweet Summer here? Please can you enlighten me :)

Little girl, dissappears. No clue. No suspects. No body. Just gone.

Now that the dispatch call is in MSM, I will say that, I absolutely understand what everyone has said about the dispatcher condensing and summarizing and possibly slightly changing what Mom had initially told them. However, isn't it also possible what the dispatcher said was accurate and Mom really did go for a walk? I alluded to something similar many days ago.

Let's say Mom went for a short walk - maybe to a neighbor's house or maybe she just goes for walks sometimes? Summer would have then had ten minutes or so where she could have been abducted. I completely feel her brothers were probably preoccupied with their games and would not have noticed someone by the house or even noticed her wandering off.

Mom comes home, realizes she is missing, calls dispatch and tells them the true story, but then starts feeling guilty she was not at home when this happened and they decide to tell the media a different story and perhaps even the police. Now, even if this happened this way, the mother is not to blame and I am not placing blame on her. But I understand a parent feeling guilty or embarrassed for being gone when/if something happened. Maybe they did plant flowers earlier before the walk so that's the story they went with for the public. Just an idea.
Sounds plausible except LE are now saying Summer went missing early afternoon, so it appears if she did go for a walk it was a lot longer than 10 minutes. We're talking hours as the call was placed at 6.30 p.m.

It's all good. I learned a few things from it too. :)

I only began to think that way when it was said that Summer was on her way to the basement and several minutes later she was gone. I was trying to figure out how a child could disappear so quickly but now we know that time frame isn't accurate so it's a moot point. But, geology is one of my favorite subjects so... I'm happy and grateful it was posted.
ETA: The dispatch call.

I once caught a baby water snake in our pool and took it too school to give too my boyfriend in 4th grade. It turned out to be a water moccasin and it bit him. He broke up with me after he got out of the hospital.
I was also one of those barefoot country girls who grew up next door to the Everglades. absolutely fearless!
:D:D

Sounds plausible except LE are now saying Summer went missing early afternoon, so it appears if she did go for a walk it was a lot longer than 10 minutes. We're talking hours as the call was placed at 6.30 p.m.
Did anyone claim to see Summer actually enter the house after helping the mother and grandmother in the garden?

I didn't know much about Jessica's case, so i've just read up about it, i'm not really seeing any similarities at all? She went missing in the middle of the night and not from a rural area like our sweet Summer here? Please can you enlighten me :)

Little girl, dissappears. No clue. No suspects. No body. Just gone.

Perfect explanation, yet she was mere feet from her home being hidden in a closet by Couey the entire month she was missing, before being buried right outside the trailer that had been searched by police. Summer could be anywhere, even very close to home... however she wound up there. But this all goes against my gut feeling, just agreeing that there are similarities.

She seemed to vanish into thin air, the police searched the trailer the monster lived in and she had been in the closet the entire time before he buried her under his porch/steps.

Perfect explanation, yet she was mere feet from her home being hidden in a closet the entire month she was missing, before being buried right outside the trailer that had been searched by police. Summer could be anywhere, even very close to home... however she wound up there. But this all goes against my gut feeling, just agreeing that there are similarities.
I definitely sense the similarities between how the 2 cases are unfolding, ie little Jessica and Summer. Jessica was buried alive under the porch of the nearby trailer which had been searched. And which had occupants besides creep John Couey. He said she had been hidden in a closet the whole time while he abused her.
RE Summer, is that area rural enough that each home has a septic tank? On one of the newscasts the sheriff (or top investigator) suggested that each property owner search their own property repeatedly. Very rural areas often have septic pits (cess pools, bad wells) that predate even single family modern septic tanks and fields.

Last edited:
I know I'll take a lot of heat for saying this, but I'm still perplexed as to how DW arrived on scene before LE did if he was working all the way in Jonesboro, almost an hour drive from the house. I've even considered that maybe he called 911 from his cell phone while he was on the road, but he clearly says that he called 911, threw his tools in his vehicle and then headed home. Assuming all that's true, it would mean that it took LE over an hour to respond to a report of a missing child, even though the Sheriff's department is only 30 minutes away. Without throwing any shade on Mr. Wells or the Sheriff's Department...I just can't seem to reconcile this in my mind. LE has never stated whether or not they have verified that DW was at work , but of course that is one of the first things they would have attempted to do. Why not just come right out and say that they have verified that Mr. Wells was at work that day, rather than say that everyone is a person of interest in this case. It just seems like a huge disservice to Mr. Wells NOT to go ahead and clear him publicly if they have already verified that he was at work that day. Of course, if they can't verify that , then that's a whole other ball of yarn.

(Sigh) I dunno. All of this timeline stuff is giving me a major migraine.

If I were LE I would thoroughly map where all the children in the area, or subdivision played. Sometimes kids play in places where adults least suspect. I know I did as a kid, with my sister, my parents never had a clue that we had a private little club house in the top of a hill just down the rural road. Under the roots of a fallen giant spruce tree, we had lots of toys and secret things in there. Rural areas have outbuildings, crumbled floors, septic tanks as I mentioned above, creek water shacks, and old root cellars, anyone who grew up rural like I did knew of a dozen secret places. Old deserted cars were a definite fascination. Check all the trunks, and underneath. She could be only a few "football fields" away.

Last edited:
I only began to think that way when it was said that Summer was on her way to the basement and several minutes later she was gone. I was trying to figure out how a child could disappear so quickly but now we know that time frame isn't accurate so it's a moot point. But, geology is one of my favorite subjects so... I'm happy and grateful it was posted.
ETA: The dispatch call.

Well, the dispatch call MUST be wrong, because it doesn't gel with what the family is now saying. ;)

I know I'll take a lot of heat for saying this, but I'm still perplexed as to how DW arrived on scene before LE did if he was working all the way in Jonesboro, almost an hour drive from the house. I've even considered that maybe he called 911 from his cell phone while he was on the road, but he clearly says that he called 911, threw his tools in his vehicle and then headed home. Assuming all that's true, it would mean that it took LE over an hour to respond to a report of a missing child, even though the Sheriff's department is only 30 minutes away. Without throwing any shade on Mr. Wells or the Sheriff's Department...I just can't seem to reconcile this in my mind. LE has never stated whether or not they have verified that DW was at work , but of course that is one of the first things they would have attempted to do. Why not just come right out and say that they have verified that Mr. Wells was at work that day, rather than say that everyone is a person of interest in this case. It just seems like a huge disservice to Mr. Wells NOT to go ahead and clear him publicly if they have already verified that he was at work that day. Of course, if they can't verify that , then that's a whole other ball of yarn.

(Sigh) I dunno. All of this timeline stuff is giving me a major migraine.

To me, the only way it makes sense that DW was home before LE arrived, is if that 911 call was placed after he got home.

Was it just one LE person who responded, or did they take time to gather one or more searchers too? That could easily have taken most of 30 minutes by the time they call people and the people report to the gathering place.

To me, the only way it makes sense that DW was home before LE arrived, is if that 911 call was placed after he got home.
If a I recall correctly as it was a couple of threads back, DW was not at his actual place of work but on a jobsite. I can't remember the specific details though.

Yes her mother according to DW in one of his interviews.
That's what I thought. So no one except the mother saw her enter the house? But both grandma and Mom do say they saw her there at grandma's trailer at that time, ie working in the garden or planting pots just before going to her own house? Have any of the boys stated officially, ie news reports, that they saw her enter the house?

Well, I mean , in all fairness, he could have called while on the road. But that's not what he said. I can't recall which WSer posted about the lack of cell phone towers in Rogersville , but someone did. That sort of made me wonder if the family has some other set up on their phones, like wifi or something. Honestly, I am NOT tech savvy , so I really don't have a clue how any of that would work. I'm just trying to think of scenarios that might make it hard for LE to verify that he was at work that day. For instance, we know that he was at an offsite job. Was he working alone ? Was the homeowner not there ? Was he driving his own vehicle which didn't have GPS tracking like many company vehicles do ? Can they not track cell phone pings because some other set up was being used ?

And again, it's entirely possible that LE was able to verify that he was at work that day. But then why say that EVERYONE is a person of interest ? It's all just incredibly confusing to me.

I can not like this enough, excellently put! We might not say direct mean things about the family on here, but people do use passive aggressiveness to imply the same with vague sarcasm or winking emojis, it may not be the same vicious direct comments, but I think we all know what those type of comments are implying and I think if the family read some of them they would know what they're implying too because it's easy to read between the lines and although not as direct and vicious, if they are innocent and saw them, they will still have a hurtful and harmful effect. Those boys are innocent children, regardless of what their parents or parent may or may not have done and one day they may come across comments online, they have enough to deal with already and lets be honest, the future, however things go, will be incredibly difficult too. I'm a psychotherapist and I can tell you, even if a parent is guilty, their remaining children will still love their parent to some degree and even indirect comments with obvious not so nice undertones will hurt.

My heart hurts so much for those boys, they must be so confused by the response, their world has been turned upside down and their emotional stability shaken to the core, I hope to god they are receiving and will continue to receive professional emotional support, as well as their parents if not guilty, but most of all I hope to god Summer is found and if she's not in this world anymore, I hope the mystery of what happened to her is solved and any guilty parties are held accountable.
I did not mean to come off sounding passive-aggressive or mean when I posted about a fragile ego. I have a fragile ego and being aware of it is helping me to live a more positive and happy life. Experiencing trauma, guilt, and shame especially from a young age linked to this mindset. I did not mean to say that anyone involved has a fragile ego. I just wanted to point out how much more difficult it would be to deal with an accidental tragedy. CW loves her children. If she felt that a television plea would help Summer, then she would do one. If she felt that it would interfere, then she would not do one. It is a decision that she and the authorities would discuss and decide on.
Lastly, I am not on this forum to criticize anyone. I am hoping that with our collective thoughts, we can help the family and Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx