AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the red truck was seen on both days. That would still fit with asking for anyone who saw it on either day to come forward.
This case just got Red Hot. LE would not put that info out if was not a credible tip. It's very interesting the truck was seen on the 14th,and 15th,with Ladder,and buckets. Must be someone very local MOO.

This case just got Red Hot. LE would not put that info out if was not a credible tip. It's very interesting the truck was seen on the 14th,and 15th,with Ladder,and buckets. Must be someone very local MOO.
It could also be someone who really is involved, pointing the finger at someone else in an easily identified truck.

Can't they run the model/year/color and find a few of those in that county? How many people in 2021 have a 1998-2000 rig registered. With that description? If 1998 that's a 23 year old work pickup. There's something funny going on, they should already have a list of owners, if not the exact drivers. LE already would have canvassed shops and registered tradespeople, "yellow pages", re drywall services, if that's what the gear is for.

TBI looks to talk to pickup truck driver as search continues for Summer Wells

TBI searching for potential witness in the case of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells

[...]

The TBI has been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time of Summer's disappearance to determine what they may have seen or heard.

In this process officials have identified a Toyota pickup truck that was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon or early evening of Monday, June 14 or Tuesday, June 15. The pickup is described as a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed.

[...]

The TBI is stressing that this individual is not a suspect, but a potential witness who may have seen or heard something that may help in the search for Summer.

Here it says " officials have identified a toyota pick up truck ..."
That makes it sound more like they have surveillance footage rather than this just being an eyewitness report.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it reads to me.

Here it says " officials have identified a toyota pick up truck ..."
That makes it sound more like they have surveillance footage rather than this just being an eyewitness report.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it reads to me.
Well you'd think they would pinpoint the exact date if it was from surveillance.

If a witness sighting it could be 1) they own that same model and/or 2) it has distinct changes on the outside that set it apart from previous or later Tacoma models.

I'd lean on a lot of point one, i was always looking at differences between the car I owned and the same model, but also two, because it could be one change that makes it VERY different from others.

Exactly.

Here's a 1998 Tacoma. Note the strong horizontal lines 0f chrome on the grill. (you'll have to click the link; the photo won't post :p )

1998 Toyota Tacoma - Pictures - CarGurus

Here's the 2001 model. No horizontal chrome, and the black plastic part is almost a grid.

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - First Drive & Road Test - Motor Trend

My only question with if it’s caught on video, wouldn’t they have an exact date and time it was in the area? That is what makes me think a person reported seeing it and noticed it because it was unfamiliar. MOO
Maybe they want to make sure whoever comes forward is being factual, so they muddled the dates a little to see what they say.

My only question with if it’s caught on video, wouldn’t they have an exact date and time it was in the area? That is what makes me think a person reported seeing it and noticed it because it was unfamiliar. MOO

I think LE would have gone about it a different way to find the truck if it was from a video. Plus if it was from a video they might have seen the auto stop, a little girl, someone moving outside of the vehicle, etc. If it was reported by a passerby, it could have been a briefer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove