AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless that person isn’t very credible for some reason.

Well, assuming that LE is using this person as the last credible sighting of Summer, then that would mean that they did find this person to be credible.

But of course, this is all just a hypothetical. I really have nothing to base any of this on. Just saying, it could reasonably explain why LE didn't feel it necessary to drag a lake.

"The arrest stems from an incident that happened on October 14, 2020 at a residence on Ben Hill Road in Rogersville. In the report, it states that Wells came to the home intoxicated and began argue with his wife and another man. It escalated to some pushing. His wife ended up on the floor with a knee injury. The responding deputy was on the phone with Wells' wife while in route to the home. During that call, he heard another family member indicate they feared for Wells' return."

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells charged with domestic assault in 2020

Somehow CW is on the phone with LE during that event.
okay i don't see the significance. did CW and DW both call police for summer? i still don't find it odd that she called DW before calling 911

okay i don't see the significance. did CW and DW both call police for summer? i still don't find it odd that she called DW before calling 911
This is in reference to the DV call in October of 2020. I personally had not seen that she was on the phone with a deputy when they heard fear from the family of DW returning home. Interesting

This is in reference to the DV call in October of 2020. I personally had not seen that she was on the phone with a deputy when they heard fear from the family of DW returning home. Interesting

I guess I'm missing something, because it seems absolutely normal to me that a caller in a dangerous situation remains on the phone with LE.

I am hoping that more people than we think have home cameras. There was someone who had a home camera when Officer Winum was shot here. so they had a view other than that of his patrol car.
More and more people are using technology so fingers crossed...

Absolutely. We live out in the country, dirt road, cow pastures all around and we have security cameras as does my closest neighbor.

"The arrest stems from an incident that happened on October 14, 2020 at a residence on Ben Hill Road in Rogersville. In the report, it states that Wells came to the home intoxicated and began argue with his wife and another man. It escalated to some pushing. His wife ended up on the floor with a knee injury. The responding deputy was on the phone with Wells' wife while in route to the home. During that call, he heard another family member indicate they feared for Wells' return."

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells charged with domestic assault in 2020

Somehow CW is on the phone with LE during that event.
Another family member? Well that is either one of the children or Granny. According to the DV documents, CW did say her mother was also scared of DW. So I’m inclined to think it was her. But we don’t know! How horrifying this event must’ve been for their children. For everyone involved, minus DW of course.

If the owner of the red/maroon Tacoma is involved, that driver would surely follow all LE reports on the incident. That person knows everyone is on the lookout for that vehicle. If I put myself in their shoes, I want that truck as far away from me as possible. So, what would I do?

Continue to drive it around town. Um... no.

I could list it on Craig's List (or alternate selling/trading platform) however, I would assume LE is monitoring that. Probably wouldn't go that route.

I could trade it in at a dealership and drive away in a different vehicle. That's risky too though since the salesman may be following the case as well. So much documentation changes hands on a legit vehcile purchase. Nope, wouldn't go that route either... unless I took it out of state.

Park it somewhere remote and walk away. Okay... maybe. But I'd always wonder if I hid it well enough.

Set it on fire? Nope. Way to much attention. I would literally bring LE right to it, once the FD put out the blaze.

Sink it in the lake. Tons of places to do that. But... vehicles don't always sink as expected. And, it's prime season for people to seek out spots to cool off in the water. Nope, to risky.

Report it stolen? Nope. Bad move. That would surely draw attention to me.

Perhaps I would take it to the crusher. We have those around here. Basically a metal scrap yard that gives you a few hundred bucks for your vehicle. The vehicle is crushed and that's the end if that. Most yards are legit, some are not. I might be able to get away with it. But, if the "not so legit" crusher employee catches wind of that 50k reward, I'm screwed.

If my criminal brain didn't like any of those options, I'd be left with just one thing to do...

Drive out of state. The Amber Alert was limited to TN. From that starting point in East TN, it would take less than an hour to cross into Kentucky, Virginia or North Carolina. In 2 hours, I could be in Georgia.

Since it has been nearly 14 days, I could be anywhere in the country. And, I'd be feeling fine... unless the Amber Alert was changed to Nationwide. But what are the odds of that happening? Slim to none.

Hmmmm... I'll take: Drive out of state for $100, Alex.

I'll go with parking it in the woods and leaving it there. I could park a pickup in the woods on our acreage. It couldn't be seen from above because of the thick tree cover this time of year. Due to the thick undergrowth, I could park it in the edge of the woods and no one could see it from our house or driveway, either.

Many area residents have multiple late-model cars on their property that they don't drive (and that probably aren't even drivable). When we purchased our property over 30 years ago, we found the remnants of an abandoned 1940's car in our woods. It's still there and it's in the edge of the woods along our driveway. I doubt anyone else knows it's there. It can't be seen even in the winter unless someone is just looking for something.

I guess I'm missing something, because it seems absolutely normal to me that a caller in a dangerous situation remains on the phone with LE.
Agreed. But when I saw the documents it just stated the family feared for their safety upon his return. Not that the cop had heard the fear. The fear in someone’s voice is poignant. I’m very curious if it came from one of the kids or granny.

Yeah if someone used that truck to commit a crime against Summer, I don't see the person continuing to drive that truck.

Is anybody here familiar with the Elizabeth Barraza case? They were looking for a truck in that case too, that was caught on multiple cameras, and as far as I know, never found it. Scary to even consider that possibility.

Yeah if someone used that truck to commit a crime against Summer, I don't see the person continuing to drive that truck.

Is anybody here familiar with the Elizabeth Barraza case? They were looking for a truck in that case too, that was caught on multiple cameras, and as far as I know, never found it. Scary to even consider that possibility.
Yes! That one bothers me so much. It brought me to WS

Yes! That one bothers me so much. It brought me to WS

It bothers me, too. Sometimes I am just amazed at what law enforcement can do, and you watch Forensic Files and think, how does anybody ever get away with a crime nowadays? And then at the same time, these cases (Barraza, Missy Bevers, etc) get through somehow and you can't believe it. How? The perp is on video! There is so much evidence! How?

It bothers me, too. Sometimes I am just amazed at what law enforcement can do, and you watch Forensic Files and think, how does anybody ever get away with a crime nowadays? And then at the same time, these cases (Barraza, Missy Bevers, etc) get through somehow and you can't believe it. How? The perp is on video! There is so much evidence! How?
Is the perp on video doing the act though? That's justice for you, whole different ball game when it goes to court.

Hey... there's a good option! I wonder though, if my acquaintances/coworkers/family know my truck has always been red/maroon, then I paint it after the TBI request... should I be concerned someone will find that suspicious and call in a tip?
If those same people in your life were aware that TBI were asking for info about a truck which matched the description of one you owned, couldn't they have already possibly called in a tip regardless of whether you drove it out of state, sold it, sunk it in a lake, or anything else?

If those same people in your life were aware that TBI were asking for info about a truck which matched the description of one you owned, couldn't they have already possibly called in a tip regardless of whether you drove it out of state, sold it, sunk it in a lake, or anything else?

I would think so.

I don't know how it works in TN, but I used to have access to BMV records in Ohio through my work. I could put in the SSN of an individual, and every vehicle that has ever been registered to that person, including make, model, and color, will come up (you have to report the color of your car when you register it). If I put in a VIN or license plate number, the vehicle and owner info will come up. If TN has a similar system, even if the owner had recently painted the truck, the fact that it was red should be recorded with the BMV.

Yes, of course. And hopefully, they would. That comment was an extension of a previous comment. Just thinking up possible truck related scenarios.

IMO, LE would have generated a list of registered owners based off that description anyway. They know who owns every Red, 1998-2000 Toyota Tacoma in TN. They may even expand the list to all colors, if they believe it could have been painted. The list would go out to each jurisdiction (county/city), would be tasked with following up on each vehicle. That takes time. Now, if the vehicle is registered in another state, that tactic would be close to impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa