AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we certain she returned from swimming? Did they check that swimming hole thoroughly right after she was declared missing?

Just my guess, so take it all of this with a grain of salt. But if LE is going with "early afternoon" as the last time anyone other than family saw Summer, then I would assume this sighting is by someone who was with them on the swimming outting that day. If that's the case (and I have no way or verifying that it is ) , it's entirely possible that this person could have reported that Summer was in the car when they left the swimming spot. Let's just say, for hypothetical purposes , that CW dropped this person off at his or her house, and that their house was in Rogersville, and Summer was in the car. In that scenario, I don't see why LE would feel it necessary to drag a lake looking for her, knowing that she was last seen by someone miles away.

JMO, and to be absolutely clear, I am NOT saying that this is what happened, I am just posing a hypothetical that would logically explain why LE might not have dragged the lake.

True, but this is out in the country. Who expects this type of trouble? I wonder if many people in that area fuss with cams vs. big dogs and smith and Wesson.

amateur opinion and speculation
I live in a small town. No stoplight and 3 officers. Town is small the rest is country and hollows. The little store at the end of our hollow has 2 cameras. You never know.

Hey... there's a good option! I wonder though, if my acquaintances/coworkers/family know my truck has always been red/maroon, then I paint it after the TBI request... should I be concerned someone will find that suspicious and call in a tip?

LOL. "Jimmy has a red truck just like that. Oh, look. Jimmy's truck is black now. Guess I was wrong, nothing to see here."

I'd hope someone would call it in but some people just seem to stick together...

Very true. Family ties run deep around here. Generally speaking, the same goes for friends. However, when 50k is on the table, odds are there is at least one in the bunch who will turn into a tipster.

Again... assuming this person is from around here. If they came in from out of state, that's an entirely different ballgame.

LOL! Thank you for that! I needed a laugh today. :)

This happens, funny or not. People paint cars for myriad of reasons - sure, most of them are not nefarious, but criminals paint their vehicles. And some sell them to unsuspecting non-websluethers who would not give it a second thought when a deal too good to be true comes their way.

The things is, the abduction idea was put out there after only 48 hours, and we know that a child lost in the woods can survive that amount of time. It was early.

I disagree. I think that's the only option that means she's alive. If she wandered into those woods alone, she's dead now. If she was taken by someone, she could still be alive. I am a parent and of course I'd opt for NONE OF THE ABOVE if I had the option, but I'd rather my child come home to me alive than be dead and alone out in the woods.

This happens, funny or not. People paint cars for myriad of reasons - sure, most of them are not nefarious, but criminals paint their vehicles. And some sell them to unsuspecting non-websluethers who would not give it a second thought when a deal too good to be true comes their way.

Yes, I get that. I was laughing at @helpfulcharlie 's witty comment. It was quite funny.

The things is, the abduction idea was put out there after only 48 hours, and we know that a child lost in the woods can survive that amount of time. It was early.

48 hours without being found anywhere near the house, though, after frantic searching... I'd be absolutely terrified if this was one of my kids, scared that LE was spending too much time on the woods and not enough time on other options that could have a better outcome. It is such a gamble, and I don't know exactly what he was thinking when he said that, but I understand how he might've arrived at that conclusion. I do not find it odd like so many others here seem to.

True, but this is out in the country. Who expects this type of trouble? I wonder if many people in that area fuss with cams vs. big dogs and smith and Wesson.

amateur opinion and speculation

According to all reports, S&W and all other gun makers are enjoying record sales. Putting up cameras seems the next logical step. The Ring doorbells are popular with people I know.

If LE knows who the owner is, I would think they would go directly to talk to him/her, not play a game and watch for a reaction.

I'm thinking they saw the truck on a video, but not the plates and they don't know who was driving it.

jmo

My gut feeling is that LE is looking at a specific timeline, and possibly within that specific timeline, a neighbor reported seeing said vehicle. Maybe LE went back and reviewed camera footage from that timeframe and saw the truck, realized they hadn't interviewed the driver of this particular vehicle yet (as they have so many others), and just want to talk to him or her about anything they might have possibly witnessed.

JMO (and it isn't based on squat). ;)

Just my guess, so take it all of this with a grain of salt. But if LE is going with "early afternoon" as the last time anyone other than family saw Summer, then I would assume this sighting is by someone who was with them on the swimming outting that day. If that's the case (and I have no way or verifying that it is ) , it's entirely possible that this person could have reported that Summer was in the car when they left the swimming spot. Let's just say, for hypothetical purposes , that CW dropped this person off at his or her house, and that their house was in Rogersville, and Summer was in the car. In that scenario, I don't see why LE would feel it necessary to drag a lake looking for her, knowing that she was last seen by someone miles away.

JMO, and to be absolutely clear, I am NOT saying that this is what happened, I am just posing a hypothetical that would logically explain why LE might not have dragged the lake.
Unless that person isn’t very credible for some reason.

wait sorry i forgot about how the gun rights work in TN would DW have to apply for a restoration of rights to own the black powder pistol?

From what I've read, no. But, he wouldn't have been allowed to be in possession of the black powder pistol anywhere other than in his house. Which is why he was charged. The pistol was in his truck.

did she specifically ask for the sherrif or did he just show up?

"The arrest stems from an incident that happened on October 14, 2020 at a residence on Ben Hill Road in Rogersville. In the report, it states that Wells came to the home intoxicated and began argue with his wife and another man. It escalated to some pushing. His wife ended up on the floor with a knee injury. The responding deputy was on the phone with Wells' wife while in route to the home. During that call, he heard another family member indicate they feared for Wells' return."

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells charged with domestic assault in 2020

Somehow CW is on the phone with LE during that event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member