AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for a little bit of hope. Shawn Hornbeck was missing for 4 years. His abductor Mike Devlin went to kidnap another boy Ben Ownby. A boy who rode the bus with Ben reported seeing a truck and after 4 days they found both boys alive. All thanks to finding that truck. While I’m sure this is not the norm, it can happen. To find Summer alive still. That case still gives me hope. Hope it gives some of you hope as well.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I only work with facts, a good theory needs to be based on facts, bearing in mind occams razor, the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct.

This is why I am always wary of getting drawn down any rabbit holes, why I take anything on SM with a pinch of salt, I observe but stick to the facts, stick with WS where there are many, many good experienced sleuthers and also on some cases professionals. You'll find if someone comes across something they think to be significant they will contact the relevent authority and not post about it here.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel certain that anyone with actual facts would indeed contact law-enforcement. This forum is a place to discuss cases that are (usually) dear to us. Most of them are incredibly sad and talking about it can help clear our minds and see that we aren’t alone, I know the forum helps me.

jmo

My post wasn't a dig at people here discussing. I'm here too, doing exactly that. <modsnip>

<modsnip - quoted post removed> I only work with facts, a good theory needs to be based on facts, bearing in mind occams razor, the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct.RSBM You'll find if someone comes across something they think to be significant they will contact the relevent authority and not post about it here. <modsnip>

And why so many are here for our wonderful mods.

Just for a little bit of hope. Shawn Hornbeck was missing for 4 years. His abductor Mike Devlin went to kidnap another boy Ben Ownby. A boy who rode the bus with Ben reported seeing a truck and after 4 days they found both boys alive. All thanks to finding that truck. While I’m sure this is not the norm, it can happen. To find Summer alive still. That case still gives me hope. Hope it gives some of you hope as well.

I remember watching an episode on this case years ago, maybe Dateline. I regret watching it. Horrific what that man did to this boy, and the other one who he abducted later.

<modsnip>

Apologies for violating social media rules last night. I thought the person I was quoting was an official media person.

It's so easy to get carried away when everyone is excited. Today I'll just wait and see and pray for the searchers and for Summer...

Wouldn't this presume though that the truck were being driven by the owner and was legally licensed and registered? If it were stolen, had expired license/registration, or had plates on it which had been stolen/swapped with the plates from another vehicle, that could make it harder to track down. In one of these cases, LE might be more reliant on info from someone that may know a person that was in the area around that time who was driving a similar truck.
I agree and a very good point.

I remember watching an episode on this case years ago, maybe Dateline. I regret watching it. Horrific what that man did to this boy, and the other one who he abducted later.

<modsnip>
I do understand your thoughts on this. I followed the Hornbeck case very close as it’s very close to where I live. It was and is still heartbreaking.

MOO

It all goes back to the roadblock canvas conducted Tuesday evening June 22nd in my eyes. Investigators were unable to identify or speak with the driver of this vehicle. TBI saying the 14th or 15th could be the person they spoke to couldn't recall exact day. That seems reasonable since it was a week later.

MOO
If this is from the roadblock, doesn't that say there are no cameras up at the critical spots? I suggest each of us might consider installing a camera or two at our own homes, just in case one might ever be needed. Better to have it and not need it as need it and not have it, right?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I only work with facts, a good theory needs to be based on facts, bearing in mind occams razor, the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct.

This is why I am always wary of getting drawn down any rabbit holes, why I take anything on SM with a pinch of salt, I observe but stick to the facts, stick with WS where there are many, many good experienced sleuthers and also on some cases professionals. You'll find if someone comes across something they think to be significant they will contact the relevent authority and not post about it here.

<modsnip>

One consistent problem with social media posters is people who spread information about someone with a specific name — and some don’t ‘get’ that a name means little unless you can definitely prove it’s the correct person.

One consistent problem with social media posters is people who spread information about someone with a specific name — and some don’t ‘get’ that a name means little unless you can definitely prove it’s the correct person.
True. This case has a lot of people with similar names, so it can be quite confusing.

Kingsport, TN: Sunday / Partly cloudy
89°F°C
Precipitation: 20% Humidity: 55% Wind: 6 mph

What a miserable day for searching. I hope all the searchers take very good care of themselves today. I hope they're not searching in vain. Today I'm especially angry at whoever is responsible for all the suffering and heartache they've caused for everyone but, most of all, for Summer.

In the last press conference, Leslie Earhart made reference to early afternoon, not late afternoon, when referencing when Summer was last seen.
I know. We were discussing what we think of as afternoon. TBI could have been more specific, before 2pm or 3pm., but no, they always speak in general terms.

Moo....

I hope I don't come across as a know it all with my posts, definitely not my intention. I just try to roll things around in my brain to make this all make sense. We may disagree on some things but I know we all agree on one thing - little Summer needs to be found. Hoping today is the day.

If this is from the roadblock, doesn't that say there are no cameras up at the critical spots? I suggest each of us might consider installing a camera or two at our own homes, just in case one might ever be needed. Better to have it and not need it as need it and not have it, right?

In my eyes the roadblock is crucial due to lack of cameras being everywhere in very rural areas. Its the same in my state so I could be drawing the wrong conclusion but I doubt it.

I believe nowadays everyone should have cameras. MOO

City folk and country folk are two different animals. Apples and oranges. They don't act or react the same because they come from two different worlds. There is a sense of safety in the country without all the hustle and bustle and noise of the city. You don't expect bad things to happen here and when they do, you are shocked.

Reading through this thread, I am reminded of little Cupcake's mother. She didn't speak to reporters as Cupcake's father did and that caused quite a stir on SM. LE had asked her not to and she was doing what they advised. She spoke out only after the arrest of her daughter's murderers.

It's so easy to judge when you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoes.

I know that I would be raked over the coals if I were ever in this situation because I have intense social anxiety. Being in the spotlight for any reason would be torment. I would shut down, not because I care what anyone thinks, but because I can't cope any other way. It wouldn't mean I was guilty of anything or that I didn't love my child. Of course I would want to do everything I could to help find my child, but a person in a wheelchair can't get up and walk just because they want to. I wouldn't have a choice, but most people would not understand it and would come up with their own reasons for my behavior.

This is how the brain works. When provided with incomplete information, it fills in the blanks with it's own ideas. It naturally wants to connect the dots.

Sorry to ramble. I have no idea what happened to Summer or if anyone might be to blame. I just pray for her and for those who love her and for the best possible outcome.

I have a very close friend who suffers with sever social anxiety also, i know for sure she could not cope with being on camera and speaking to the world, She was unable to even do video calls for CBT therapy during covid and had to undergo phone call therapy which on many occasions she had to cancel because she could not face talking on the phone. She drives over 20 miles away from her home to go to a shop because its the only shop she feels comfortable going to, despite living in a city with multiple shops in walking distance. She also hides her anxiety very well, if you spoke to her you would have no idea. I'm not saying this is the case with summer mother but there are people out there like this that may have legitimate reasons for not wanting to be on camera, even in a terrible situation like this where it would be expected.

I hope I don't come across as a know it all with my posts, definitely not my intention. I just try to roll things around in my brain to make this all make sense. We may disagree on some things but I know we all agree on one thing - little Summer needs to be found. Hoping today is the day.
You don't come across that way at all :). I like seeing the direction everyone's brain is going, whether I disagree or not. Opens up new ways of thinking, for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member