AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This info is why I don’t understand why there wasn’t more cell phone tower investigation done in the Delphi murders.

Tower dumps like the ones described there (that example was from 2010) became very restricted, legally, in mid 2018. As the article points out, that area of the law was always constitutionally "murky," to use their term. Courts eventually ruled that LE can no longer do "fishing expeditions" where they scour the dump data for any and all cell phones in the vicinity in order to develop suspects. But they can still look for specific numbers of known individuals for whom they've shown probable cause in legal warrants (what's likely been done or will be done in the Summer Wells case if foul play ends up being a factor). It's more complicated, obviously, than what I described here but that's the basic gist of it.

Delphi has the unique problem where they may have collected tower dump data originally in 2017 but after the rulings in 2018 can no longer legally use it at trial ("fruit of the poison tree"). I have other thoughts on this topic but it's better put into the Delphi thread. All MOO.

IMO... if he wasn't at work that day, he wouldn't still be employed by them.

From the very first interview, he stated he was at work when he got the call from CW. His story has not changed.

DW also stated (in one of the interviews) that some of his coworkers have "been to prison".

Let me put it this way, if I hang drywall for a living and have a criminal history, I am not going to pass up $50k reward by saying my buddy was at work when he actually wasn't.
Well, from what I've seen, rewards aren't something that happen overnight. They come WAY down the line after appropriate investigation, arrest, etc.

I think DW probably WAS at work when Summer disappeared, but just because no co-worker has been awarded doesn't mean no one has contradicted his story.

We just don't know, yet.

I believe it was planted by the church that Summer's family attends... on the church property and can be viewed from the street. Some people from the area have added things like plush toys, flowers, etc.
ETA: Link to memorial garden news story with photos of garden:
Local man makes wreaths for Summer Wells to ‘raise awareness’ | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
Why would they make a memorial garden in Summer's name before anyone knows what's happened to her?

They planted flowers together - did not walk! Summer left and went back to the house- it is easy to forget about time when you are busy doing things! She could have left much earlier I agree! Did someone run after her to search and call her name?
I just cannot believe she would be gone far in such a short time !
My question is who was visiting that day?
Some one could have come back with a no good intent!
MOP only!

Thanks for replying. I was vague with my initial statement. I just had not heard that mom had gone for a walk and then came back to find Summer missing. I had only heard about the planting flowers and Summer going inside. I agree about wanting to know who may have been visiting that day.

It is really odd, isn't it? o_O

At Solomon's Temple Missionary Baptist Church, Kingsport, TN. There is a memorial garden at the church with wreaths and things for Summer and what appears to be fresh plantings. There is a cemetery in view also.

I honestly just think people struggle to find ways to do something positive during awful situations like this, you know ? Creating a little spot of beauty where people can come and express that they are thinking of Summer seems like a pretty healthy, positive thing to do, in my opinion. Beats hopping on social media just to join the hoard in viciously trashing people you don't even know. THAT seems odd to ME.

It is really odd, isn't it? o_O

At Solomon's Temple Missionary Baptist Church, Kingsport, TN. There is a memorial garden at the church with wreaths and things for Summer and what appears to be fresh plantings. There is a cemetery in view also.
They have called it a prayer garden since the beginning, not a memorial garden. It's a place of hope.

Local man makes wreaths for Summer Wells to ‘raise awareness’ | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
"The prayer garden at Solomon Temple Missionary Baptist Church is covered in teddy bears, wreaths and mementos in hopes of Summer Wells’ safe return."

This little church on Lone Star Road is also hosting all the media camped out in their parking lot. It is just northeast of Summer's home.

LE and SAR took over the Mt Carmel Free Will Baptist Church property on Beech Creek Road. it is just southwest of Summer's home. Summer's family attends the 7th Day Adventist Church in Kingsport.

There are truly a lot of churches there. The two Baptist ones are only 3.1 miles apart.

Am looking for a post by Tiff referring this to the Olsen case and Tim Miller. This evening, can´t find it.
Page 24
Your post has me thinking back to Sam Olson’s case. The timeline was very hard to follow as initial information came out. At one point, LE made a statement that their timeline being shared was the last time the child was seen by someone outside of the family since no one seemed to know where the child was.

I wonder, if there is some of that going on with timelines. The early afternoon, could possibly be when someone outside of the family/residence last saw the child. JMO/Just a possibility

How far do you think an average person could carry a 40 lb child into these woods? Seems like she’d still have to be relatively close to the home even if someone carried her, given the terrain.
Not far I don't think!
My 5 year old is about the same weight, and about 3.5 feet tall. I'm 5ft and I can probably carry her about 20 yards if that :p My husband is about 5ft 9 and he can carry her for a fair bit longer, but still not a massive distance before his back starts aching!
I also suppose it depends how you carry her? I'd probably be able to carry her further in a piggyback than on my hip for example. There'd be a lot of stopping and starting, putting down and picking up and resting if I was to carry her any distance :p and that's on normal flat terrain!

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
It's just a teaser, Justin's tweet with the clip says, "I'll tell you the full story at 6", maybe that's when the kids are on the news? Stay tuned.
The clip shows no interviews with any kids, only a very sad Sunday school teacher sitting in an empty classroom with chairs up on the tables, she says, "Every time we have Sunday school we pray first and we ask, you know, does anyone have any prayer requests, and the kids always say, let's pray for Summer, first thing, all of them"
There's a flash of a close up of two young boy's faces and then it cuts to a small outdoor wooden cross and a memorial wreath with Summer's photo on it.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a Prayer Garden, not a Memorial Garden. Same thing that many missing persons have set up for them - in Kyron's case it was a set up along the fence and later moved. Nothing hincky with that.

Here's the link again - to be clear they called it a Prayer Garden. Someone in here translated the word "Prayer" to "Memorial".

Local man makes wreaths for missing Summer Wells to raise awareness | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
ttps://www.chattanoogan.com/2021/6/19/430175/Search-Continues-For-5-Year-Old-Summer.aspx

I apologize, the article had said this..."A makeshift memorial has been set up at a church near Summer's home with balloons and flowers placed in the prayer garden." I am sorry.

ttps://www.chattanoogan.com/2021/6/19/430175/Search-Continues-For-5-Year-Old-Summer.aspx

I apologize, the article had said this..."A makeshift memorial has been set up at a church near Summer's home with balloons and flowers placed in the prayer garden." I am sorry.

No worries. This case is a mass of confusion thus far. Witness the timeline.

I can only hope that LE is not clarifying anything in the public domain regarding timeline etc, because they need to keep firmer times quiet as part of "confirmation/denial" of red truck sighting etc when put against either witness/electronic/camera sightings of truck.

First I saw mentioned anywhere of a possible red truck was back on 22 June in a social media comment that was within a post linked in here by another member. I then made comment that there was a very interesting comment on the post which had been made about an hour later. The person who made that post also mentioned a name and stated they had notified the FBI of the tip. Then, out came the LE request for information regarding a red truck with ladder rack and white buckets. Since then, LE seems to have made specific comments which made the timeline more general than they earlier had. I can only hope they had good reason to do so and are actually on to something.

Went for a walk and she was gone.

Was planting flowers and she was just gone.

One of the boys saw her shortly before 6 pm and then she was just gone.

911 dispatch call says parents report she couldn't have been gone more than 10 minutes (911 call was at 6:30 pm).

She was last seen in the early afternoon.

Good luck trying to figure out a reasonable timeline.:rolleyes:

This is what I'm having such a hard time with. It's understandable in the panic of the moment to get things wrong, or have problems remembering details, saying the wrong things, but almost 2 weeks later and LE say it is still not clear? I'm having trouble with that.

The last seen in the early afternoon MUST be by someone outside the family, and I think we're all thinking along the same lines, the swimming trip. The FBI will have the metadata which will show when that video was filmed too, along with any other digital evidence they have from that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper