AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to sleep and got behind. Whew, my son was an adventurer as Southerner was and this is where good dogs on the farm come in very handy. We had a German Shepherd who looked out for him. I would call for my escape artist son and the Shepard would come lead me to him. He was never any good at keeping track of shoes discarded along the way tho. My daughter had to put security alarms on all her doors because her youngest would take off to go down the road to grandma/grandpa's too. Rural country living. Gotta love it. And we were not neglectful.
I had said I had no fear of stranger danger and referred to Janise Wright, so I am more concerned with neighbor danger. Now, more than ever with Park's count of sex offenders being within 5 miles. It is a risk.
I am so glad that they are continuing the search!! But they did say "recovery & rehab" right?
No doubt something shady is going on. Do I believe D Wells. About as far as I could throw him. But sure, family would go looking first.
There are 2 homes on the property. The singlewide that needs a match put to it and a newish doublewide that I had hoped they were moving into but it looks like that is grandma's home. No one has confirmed this for me yet.
Need more coffee. Sleuth on!

If he had criminal charges related to sexual offenses or violent offenses, I would think that would clearly be of concern to LE.

Clarification: I don't know what his criminal history is, but of course LE does, and I'm sure they did during that PC, as well.

MOO

<snipped for focus>

I absolutely agree with you

I feel like I should know this but I don't. How does this work?
There are more than one type of scent dogs used in SAR. Some dogs are tracking (or trailing) dogs, and others are air-scent (or area-search) dogs. The types overlap, but the distinction between the two guides are how they are trained and how the dog participates in missions. Tracking dogs work with their nose to the ground. Tracking dogs need a "last seen" starting point, an article with the person's scent on it to work from and they need to work on an uncontaminated trail. If there have been a lot of people in the area of search their chance of success is much less. They follow a trail of human scent -- typically heavy skin particles that fall quickly to the ground or onto bushes -- through any type of terrain. These dogs are not searching, they're following. Dogs can even trail people in cars, from the scent that blows out of the window or through the vents of the car. If the missing person gets into a car and the vents and windows are closed however, the trail may end, which would indicate to searchers that the person may have left the area in a vehicle.

He also said he felt that Summer would never leave the hill where her family lives. But you never can tell what kids will do. Sometimes the very thing you think they won’t do because you’ve told them 100 times not to do it and explained to them why they shouldn’t is the very thing they end up doing. Doesn’t matter if they are 5 or 15, sometimes kids are just gonna do what they’re not supposed to do and end up in dire straits as a result.

And if adrenaline/fight-or-flight kicks in, they will have a lot more strength, speed, and endurance. I think that’s what happened to Nora Quoirin. If Summer had that adrenaline trigger, she may have done something she wouldn’t normally do. Not sure that happened here, but wanted to add this element to your “my child would never do X” thought.

A video of the rural area she lives in. It was pretty interesting to see.
A view of the Beech Creek community where the search for Summer Wells is taking place

In the beginning of the video there is a school bus, not sure what time this video was taken. Do we know if the older kids were in school and is school still in session? Wouldn't a 5 year old be in some type of pre-k? Just curious about what their typical day looked like and if teachers noticed anything about the kids.

not sure about TN but school is out for the summer here in IL, even for year round students, who get smaller breaks throughout the year to compensate for the lack of a big long summer one.

TBI’s Public Information Officer, Leslie Earhart in a media briefing Thursday afternoon: “If we do develop information that she was taken and we develop a suspect and a vehicle description…we will share that immediately. At this time, that’s just not the case.”

And yet, her father, DW , says this: " “She would never leave our hill. I think that someone snuck up on her and grabbed her. I don’t think she’s in the area... "

<modsnip: Insinuations or indirect accusations against non-POIs is not allowed>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
In the beginning of the video there is a school bus, not sure what time this video was taken. Do we know if the older kids were in school and is school still in session? Wouldn't a 5 year old be in some type of pre-k? Just curious about what their typical day looked like and if teachers noticed anything about the kids.
The reporter in the video stated that because there wasn't flat ground at the search site, the staging area was down the road and the searchers were being bused in. I wondered about the bus, too.

I entered the address and found 11 SO on the registry within a 5 mile radius. Several of those 11 were for crimes against children.

I still have reading to catch up on from yesterday evening, so this may have been mentioned. There is a SO in the area that didn't show up in my initial search, but does show in another state as someone who relocated and has not reported their new address. It was a crime against a child.

Daily weather update: It dropped to 51 degrees again last night, 3d night in a row. Close to near record low temps. She would need someplace warm, some shelter. It (I don't know how I did that so can't turn it off ..duh, the tech dinosaur here) is 75 degrees now tho my house is still cool inside. Looking at a high of 85 later today. No rain forecast. Sunny with clear blue skies.
Still haven't figured out how close she is to bodies of water. Would have to go to courthouse and compare maps and don't have the transportation Maybe that can be figured out by someone who has better tech skills than I. I am kind of surprised that haven't dredged a couple yet.

Last edited:
so school is out but my county offered summer school (called it camp but it’s a full day of learning) due to all the Covid closures but it was optional. Also it is not uncommon for churches, camps, sport teams to use busses for transportation.

In the presser, I noticed that when LE were asked about the last time Summer was seen, and the length of time between her last sighting and the 911 call, he said (paraphrased) "...because they (parents) were out searching..."
His voice was barely audible and it was indistinct.
He seemed to be hesitant.

Question : Did he say that based on his own testimony when LE arrived at the home ?
Or was he told this by the family ?

Were they out looking when LE showed up ?
If not, are LE keeping something to themselves ?
It wouldn't be the first time they've done this.
MOO

I don’t know exactly what goes on during investigations such as this, but do we know if Summer’s family has been staying at the home during this time? I’m asking partially because LE had said the area has been closed, correct? And out of curiosity, of course. MOO

so school is out but my county offered summer school (called it camp but it’s a full day of learning) due to all the Covid closures but it was optional. Also it is not uncommon for churches, camps, sport teams to use busses for transportation.
To be candid, I would feel better if they were still in school and under the watchful eyes of caring teachers and other adults. In such a rural area it's very easy to be isolated and out of the public eye, jmo.

I just watched it too. He seemed very resigned to me and from his tone, I now think there is a reason they are not allowing volunteers to search. Sadly.
So heartbreaking...every second that ticks by with her still missing is sad to say...not a good sign. Still praying that Summer Moon Utah Wells is found safe and unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member