AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting on my hands and arms so hard, I'm practically a contortionist typing with my nose at this point.

Same. I think a lot of us know more than we can say. The one hope I try to hold close is that, being an avid hiker who lives in East TN , I know how easy it is to get turned around in these woods. I once left the trail a short distance to pee and it took me forever to find my way back to the trail. We're talking mere feet off trail. So...it IS hypothetically possible that a child could wander a short distance in the woods (to chase a ball, or a rabbit, or pick flowers or whatever) and end up completely lost. But of that were the case, I would think she would have been located by now.

I dunno. (sigh) My hinky meter is just blasting away on this one.

Growing up on a farm in the summer we rarely wore shoes, maybe the occasional flip flop. Our feet were like leather.
At 6, my cousin and I decided to try to find the "dump", where they hauled all broken toys and maybe some good stuff for our play house (the old chicken coop).

We packed Oreos in recycled Donald Duck juice cans and off we headed to find new treasures. Our mamas and aunts were killing, cleaning and freezing chickens and didn't notice we were gone.

It was one of the best days!! We wandered the tobacco fields, woods, picked out further Christmas trees, played in the sandy creek, munching on Oreos and finally found the dump, bare foot. As we try to find our way home, dragging our new treasures, we heard "the bell", a big black bell that rings for fires/emergencies and to call everyone home, yea, we were in big trouble.

Her dad met us on the trail home and its the only spanking I ever received in my life.

Yes, kids do go bare foot and yes, they can get lost in the woods. As kids we have crazy thoughts, that seem to make sense. The thing is we never felt unsafe, never thought of bears, coyote, snake, fox, that roamed this 80 acre farm.

I pray she is found safe.

Moo....
I agree with all this and had these kinds of adventures with my friends and some of my cousins too, we also had "the bell", but I never set out on an outdoor exploring adventure alone, and near dark. That's a little unusual, even for a country kid.

Just google TBI Twitter, it’s public so you can see it. I was struggling with getting it to load and think I may have posted it twice. It doesn’t say anything new but I’m afraid it means we aren’t getting a presser today.
It worked. :)
Thanks for the link.
I'm assuming that's Summer's brother in the video ?
Imo.

It worked. :)
Thanks for the link.
I'm assuming that's Summer's brother in the video ?
Imo.
The one I posted was just a video from the TBI not the father speaking out. I just watched that one and yes that is her brother I believe. On the TBI Twitter video it shows drone footage of their house. And it is not far from the road. So about the dog losing the scent trail at the road, it wouldn’t be a very long trail.

I dont know if its even worth mentioning but just something I've thought of several times.. In pics and videos (one in particular) she has several dogs. Some grown and some pups. So many I cant count. Surely with that many they stay outside. Anyway so my point is if she was walking around on the property I cant imagine that at least one didnt go with her. I dont think she just walked away.

But do we know for sure that the dogs and puppies pictured belong to Summer and her family?

TBI’s Public Information Officer, Leslie Earhart in a media briefing Thursday afternoon: “If we do develop information that she was taken and we develop a suspect and a vehicle description…we will share that immediately. At this time, that’s just not the case.”

And yet, her father, DW , says this: " “She would never leave our hill. I think that someone snuck up on her and grabbed her. I don’t think she’s in the area... "

Call me the worst kind of cynic, but that " not in the area" comment kind of reeks of " stop looking here " to me.

JMO
Oh dear, I somehow missed this post. Reality bites. I so want to remain hopeful and yet the light from my orange candle is dimming quickly.

The one I posted was just a video from the TBI not the father speaking out. I just watched that one and yes that is her brother I believe. On the TBI Twitter video it shows drone footage of their house. And it is not far from the road. So about the dog losing the scent trail at the road, it wouldn’t be a very long trail.
Found the right one.
Gahh !
Need more coffee today. :p

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter: "#TNAMBERAlert: The search continues for missing five-year-old Summer Wells. We're pursuing any and all leads and continuing searches by air and by ground. Like you, we're hoping today brings some much needed good news. https://t.co/LikYXEK36h" / Twitter

Some interesting comments below the article update. :(

In the beginning of the video there is a school bus, not sure what time this video was taken. Do we know if the older kids were in school and is school still in session? Wouldn't a 5 year old be in some type of pre-k? Just curious about what their typical day looked like and if teachers noticed anything about the kids.

School is out for summer here in Tennessee. I would think the school bus you saw is being used to bus search members to the search sites as you cannot get that many vehicles into the area. From what I understand from media reports, a local church a couple miles from Summer’s house is a staging area for volunteers and LE.

At this time I'd think the parents would be willing to take a lie detector test.
The tests aren't admissible in court, but would help to clear them.

Per. the presser, everyone is a person of interest.
Afaik, if anyone were cleared, LE would have stated this.
If were the parent, I'd do everything I could to get myself cleared so LE could find my child -- or if foul play happened, nail the perp !
MOO

Oh man, I feel so sad for Summer and her siblings after meandering down the social media rabbit hole. I don't have hope this one will end well.

Sadly, the pandemic has been an accelerant to the dumpster fire that is CYS in many states. It has pushed those falling through the cracks even further down into the cracks.

<modsnip: Insinuations or indirect accusations against non-POIs is not allowed>>

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, please let Summer be ok. But please come home? That's something I'd expect to hear in a plea to a runaway.

Thinking out loud. Is it a genuine mystery as to what happened to both the family and LE? We heard Dad say that he thinks someone grabbed her, the AA could have been issued if what he said about the dogs only tracking her scent to the road is true but LE are not acting like this is an abduction, not publicly anyway. Also where's Mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member