AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he even mention his daughter in this interview? MOO
Multiple times. Outpouring of support for the community and how much everyone loves summer. Praying to god and asking for his mercy to bring her home. Retelling the events of what she was doing before she disappeared. And more praying for her to come home.

Multiple times. Outpouring of support for the community and how much everyone loves summer. Praying to god and asking for his mercy to bring her home. Retelling the events of what she was doing before she disappeared. And more praying for her to come home.
I meant speak of her with emotion, like how much he loves and misses her, how worried he is about her, if she's hurt, hungry, traumatized being away from her family, that kind of talk about her. MOO

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — More resources have been brought in to assist in the search for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells.

Officials said Friday that crews continue to search for Wells in the area around her home in the Beech Creek community. She was reported missing Tuesday evening by her parents, which led to an AMBER Alert being issued Wednesday morning.

Among the new resources deployed: dive teams, hazardous and extreme terrain search teams, subject matter experts, state tactical radio system, and urban search and rescue teams. The search effort also includes more than 100 personnel, helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, and K9s.

“We want to get in there, check every – flip every rock, check every crevice, check every spot just to make sure we don’t miss a spot,” said Capt. Tim Coup, ground search incident commander.

Coup said search crews had covered 688 acres of ground so far and expect to have 1,000 acres covered by Friday night. The search effort now involves 41 agencies.

More resources deployed in search for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I know it's easy for someone speaking to leave out details. But I listened closely because I wanted to make sure of the situation. And there were a few things that were unclear. Here goes.

Dad stated that she was outside with mom and grandma. Then she went inside.

Apparently, the boys were on the internet.

Then he says she went to the basement to play with her toys.

But, from what I understand, only the boys were in the house. So how do they know she went to the basement? Did the boys tell them that?

There are 2 residences on the property. There is the ramshackle tan & brown single wide and they well could have a walk out basement or partial basement under it. The second one does. It is built into the hill so that the first floor is not ground level on one side and has a lovely view(best I can see). It is a white doublewide that is fairly new. I had hoped that they had built it to move in but now I know it is Grandma's. The singlewide cannot be repaired. Cheaper to buy a better used one, but delivery fees are expensive.

Update on missing 5-year-old Summer Wells
Officials give an update on missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells
Thanks for the link @rainynights! A minor tidbit I learned from the presser; the reference to "recovery and rehab" that we were puzzling over last night was explained in today's presser. The sheriff said the teams would complete their assigned search then return to the command post for "rehab," meaning rest and nourishment before going out again.

He mentioned this when explaining why it's necessary to use only professional searchers - he said it was to be able to know exactly where everyone was at any moment. IOW, in the rough terrain it's important that no one gets lost.

To address discussion of the mobile home vs basement, the property is listed as a mobile home with two "extra features," listed as "Utility Building" and "Basement House"

This and other details can be found by selecting Hawkins County at this link:

Tennessee Property Data Home Page

And then searching on Ben Hill for the address.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 4.11.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 4.11.31 PM.png
    80 KB · Views: 31
I meant speak of her with emotion, like how much he loves and misses her, how worried he is about her, if she's hurt, hungry, traumatized being away from her family, that kind of talk about her. MOO
Honestly, he seemed exhausted IMO. The little boy wouldn’t even look up. Did I get an impression that he didn’t care about his daughter? Absolutely not. To me, he looked like someone at a loss going through an unspeakable time. It also, may have been one of his first times on camera. I cannot rule out any foul play but I think scrutinizing his on camera interviews is unnecessary. Some of the things he said raised more questions in my mind, for sure. However, I am not going to speculate on whether a father loves his daughter based on his language and demeanor during an on camera interview during what has to be a very hard time. I personally just think that’s inappropriate.

Balloons and flowers have been placed in this prayer garden in honor of 5-year-old Summer Wells. The garden is located at a church near Summer’s home. #TNAMBERAlert

E4MFJPOWYAEU1_9

https://mobile.twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1405975041217552384

Under the original post from Hawkins Co Rescue Squad asking for drinks and food, there were many salacious rumors posted. These have all been deleted, per requested in presser. The Squad has everything they need for now and ask that we check in again around 9pm

In my area which is very wooded and rural there simply are no providers. Has very little to do with being affluent. It's just not available. But if you do have it, it is very pricey!!
Ok, I understand that, where I live we have one option for internet other than satellite. But that's not what you said. You said you don't see laptops/internet as a priority for this family. That infers something else entirely.

What happened to you, lil' Summer? Where'd you go and how did you get there?

I wonder if LE has had the opportunity to speak one-on-one w/ each family member? How would that look with minor children? Can they be interviewed alone or with a child advocate? I can't help but wonder whether one or some of the boys have something they'd like to discuss, but may not be comfortable speaking about in front of an adult or sibling.

Another question I have is whether the search dogs picked up Summer's scent near where she was gardening with mom & grandma? Seems besides the scent leading from the basement door (where dad says she left out of) to the road (where dad says the trail stopped), the area(s) where Summer was gardening would likely have the freshest (newest) scent trail, correct? I might have missed this tidbit, but have they used cadaver dogs?

Finally, I'd be interested to hear whether LE has searched any areas in the nearest towns. I can't help but think that "if" Summer was taken from the property by someone in a vehicle, hence her scent stopping at the roadway, maybe they can find her somewhere in town. It would be nice to know how many dumpsters and dumpsites there are in the area, even illegal ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch