AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer reminds me of the delightful character Pippy Longstocking!

The mom must have told the dad:

Summer went to the basement to play with her toys. She went out the basement door and wandered off.

I don't understand how any one at the residence concluded Summer left the home by using the basement door when no one actually saw her do that.

How could they not know whether she was barefoot or not by looking at and accounting for her shoes left at the house?

Maybe she was barefoot at the flower garden. In which case, are they assuming she vanished without shoes?

I want to believe the father only he was not home at the time of Summer's disappearance, so he's relying upon second hand information.

The father believes his daughter was snatched by a kidnapper and that's part of the Investigation. LE's search response is truly impressive.

The community wants this sweet child found. They won't be pleased if they've been mislead about the circumstances of her whereabouts.

110 Ben Hill Road, Jonesborough, TN
when I googled drive directions, it came up with 40 minutes. That still seems long, but the roads slow you down a lot. It is really only just over 20 miles away
But there are no straight roads at all and many are not paved.

If I understood him correctly, Dad says he left his job in Jonesborough after calling 911. He also says he arrived home before LE showed up. Jonesborough to Hawkins Co. is close to an hour drive. So...it took LE over an hour to respond to a missing child report ?
If you Google Ben Hill Rd to Jonesborough, it is a different route and only 38 minutes travel time. That's comforting.

110 Ben Hill Road, Jonesborough, TN
when I googled drive directions, it came up with 40 minutes. That still seems long, but the roads slow you down a lot. It is really only just over 20 miles away
But there are no straight roads at all and many are not paved.

Ah...I forgot the house was closer to Kingsport. So, closer to 45 mins , maybe. I forget where the 6:30 time came into play per the police presser. Is that when police arrived or when they filed the report ?

ETA: Just for fun, I typed in the drive time from my house to the Bristol library. It said 19 minutes. Never made that drive in under 30 minutes. I guess they don't figure in things like getting stuck behind a tractor on a long stretch of double lined road. ;)

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, and please correct me if I am, the 911 call was received at 6:30.

hahahaha Moutain Cat! I would like to get my sis on these roads and watch her explode with apoplexy, whatever that is.

I was on board with everything Dad was saying, felt like he was telling the truth. But then at the end, he kept saying he didn't have much hope of her being alive and I thought that was odd. As a parent, I'd keeping hoping even after everyone else had stopped. But that's just me.
It is odd. Most parents like you said, hold out hope and believe they are out there and will be found.
Look at all the Parents we have watched plead for their safe return. Even the ones that know for a fact they won't.
I know everyone is different but its still strange to hear.

Following along and very worried about adorable little Summer. *Some* of the circumstances in Summer’s case remind me of the California missing toddler West brothers, aged 3 & 4 when they vanished from their backyard in December. Maybe because Summer is around the same age, goes missing around same time of day, seemingly from right under parent’s noses who had been outside with them moments prior to their children vanishing into thin air. The West boys reportedly were barefoot also. Six months have passed and tragically, sweet West babies still not found.

In this case, like the West brothers case, children close by playing outside while parent supervising and working in yard, throwing wood (West’s Dad), planting flowers (Summer’s Mom). The West’s Dad reportedly goes into house for a few moments, comes back out and his toddlers are gone, realizes he left back gate open. Reportedly, Summer goes into house for a few moments and supposedly leaves out an unlocked back door.
My question is, if these babies were randomly abducted, how could parents not hear the struggling and screams of their babies? I would think 3, 4 & 5 year old children would put up quite the fight while being grabbed/whisked away by a complete stranger! Unless taken by someone they know and trusted?
Don’t want to derail Summer’s thread, but what are the chances a random stranger or even someone Summer/her family knows risks abducting this sweet child from their own home/yard/driveway in broad daylight with parent home and within eye and/or earshot? I mean it probably has happened before, but it’s extremely bold, risky and much more rare I would think. At any rate, trying not to judge too soon but my hinky meter is definitely on alert until more info is released.

Hoping and praying Summer just wandered off, got lost, and will be found safe and reunited with her family very soon.

IMHOO

Last edited:
It is odd. Most parents like you said, hold out hope and believe they are out there and will be found.
Look at all the Parents we have watched plead for their safe return. Even the ones that know for a fact they won't.
I know everyone is different but its still strange to hear.

It's also strange to hear someone repeatedly saying they "know" their missing child isn't lost in the woods. I mean, if you don't know where a child is, then you don't know where they aren't either.

JMO

According to the press conference, she was reported missing to the HCSO by a family member at approximately 6:30pm Tuesday evening.

found it on page 3

hang on. I will go get the whole link and bring it forward and add it to this post.

smdh. it was in none of the links with that info. and not on that page.
not ready to scroll thro page after page atm. I feel a headache coming on.

Last edited:
Thank you ! " Drove up to the property " makes way more sense than " drove to buy cup of coffee". :: face palm ::
Kind of like Jimi Hendrix: "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy" or "Lucy in disguise with diamonds." :D

Seriously though... IMO anyone just coming onto the thread should go to this link:
Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

And maybe this older link too:
Father of missing 5-year-old Hawkins County girl speaks out, asks for prayers

AMBER ALERT: Search continues for 5-year-old Hawkins County girl
Sheriff Ronnie Lawson told News 5 Summer Wells' siblings were the last to see her, shortly before 6 p.m. on Tuesday.

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out
But this was like 5:30 in the evening, which makes me think someone was laying in wait.

I tried to find the 6:30 mention but didn't. It could have been in a interview. So from what I'm reading, she went missing before 5:30 since mom must have taken time to search prior to calling dad. He hangs up so the 911 call was made. I do recall a post here saying police were notified at 6:30 because the parents were out searching but I can't find that right now either. None the less, I have found exact timing is difficult in these situations due to Panic, Stress, Fear. Until you have it timed on a cell or 911 call I personally wouldn't know the exact time my panic would hit. IMO

Last edited:
Sheriff Ronnie Lawson told News 5 Summer Wells' siblings were the last to see her, shortly before 6 p.m. on Tuesday.

But this was like 5:30 in the evening, which makes me think someone was laying in wait.

I tried to find the 6:30 mention but didn't. It could have been in a interview. So from what I'm reading, she went missing before 5:30 since mom must have taken time to search prior to calling dad. He hangs up so the 911 call was made. I do recall a post here saying police were notified at 6:30 because the parents were out searching but I can't find that right now either. None the less, I have found exact timing is difficult in these situations do to Panic, Stress, Fear. Until you have it timed on a cell or 911 call I personally wouldn't know the exact time my panic would hit. IMO

6:30 pm was when Summer was reported missing by a family member. Both parents might have called, like the father said, and LE is just going with the call that came in first. But how on earth would it possible for DW to be searching for Summer prior to the 911 call, when he states very clearly that he called 911 from work in Jonesboro ? Not doubting DW , just saying that his recollection and the post you are talking about just don't add up.

I tried to find the 6:30 mention but didn't. It could have been in a interview. So from what I'm reading, she went missing before 5:30 since mom must have taken time to search prior to calling dad. He hangs up so the 911 call was made. I do recall a post here saying police were notified at 6:30 because the parents were out searching but I can't find that right now either. None the less, I have found exact timing is difficult in these situations due to Panic, Stress, Fear. Until you have it timed on a cell or 911 call I personally wouldn't know the exact time my panic would hit. IMO
bbm
That was said by the police chief, in the presser that I'd linked earlier. :)

Here ya go:
TBI continues search for missing 5-year-old Summer Wells
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article252155358.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads