AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still trying to catch up so I may have missed something. The accounts are not necessarily inconsistent IMO.
- Mom/Grandma saw Summer head home.
- They didn’t actually see her enter the home and therefore can’t say that she DID get home.
- Summer went inside while brothers were playing online.
- At some point, she left. Brothers may have heard a door open/close and assumed it was her, or they saw her out of the corners of their eyes. Kids on Roblox or whatever aren’t exactly paying attention to their surroundings.
- LE can’t say that she DID return or leave home, because the brothers didn’t actually see her return or leave.
- Times are still unclear because no one checked the time - they were busy gardening or playing. Maybe if the brothers could say “I heard Summer around the time I edited my avatar/searched for cool Minecraft videos” then LE could check the game/YouTube logs. But the time fuzziness doesn’t strike me as odd or nefarious, particularly for a late summer afternoon. Temporal markers like a school bus don’t exist, and they don’t have neighbors (as in, a certain neighborhood who is on a strict schedule).
That just about sums it up, IMO.

It was a day like any other day until it wasn't.

I’m still trying to catch up so I may have missed something. The accounts are not necessarily inconsistent IMO.
- They didn’t actually see her enter the home and therefore can’t say that she DID get home.
- At some point, she left. Brothers may have heard a door open/close and assumed it was her, or they saw her out of the corners of their eyes. Kids on Roblox or whatever aren’t exactly paying attention to their surroundings.
- LE can’t say that she DID return or leave home, because the brothers didn’t actually see her return or leave.
- Times are still unclear because no one checked the time - they were busy gardening or playing. Maybe if the brothers could say “I heard Summer around the time I edited my avatar/searched for cool Minecraft videos” then LE could check the game/YouTube logs. But the time fuzziness doesn’t strike me as odd or nefarious, particularly for a late summer afternoon. Temporal markers like a school bus don’t exist, mail delivery is earlier in the day, and they don’t have neighbors (ex: a neighbor who is on a strict schedule).

'Just pray' | Father describes minutes before 5-year-old Summer Wells went missing | wbir.com

According to Dad, Mom watched her go in

From experience with so many cases something I have always noted.
Innocent people couldn't care less what the public are saying about them. Truly.
Ask them. They know the truth and are not offended by hearsay for the most part.

Guilty people however are 100% of the time offended by, and worried what everybody are saying about them.
To the point of the case becomes all about them..their rights...and how they are the victim and no focus on the ACTUAL victim.

Smoke and mirrors...word salad...look there not here....deflection from the crime and victim.

So for the reasoning above, it shouldn't really be offensive to the family of Summer outsiders whom know nothing but snippets the sensationalizing media are peddling pointing fingers in every which direction.

<modsnip>
moo
i don't think thats how peoples feelings work. people aren't a monolith. it must hurt them personally on some level

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note - Thread Opened:

TOS violations continue to occur in this thread. Warnings have been and will continue to be issued to posters in violation. Repetitive violations may result in being place on time out or banned from the thread discussion.

Key issues in this thread continue to include:
-bringing information over from social media
-posting information without a link
-casting accusations toward family members when there is no named POI/Suspect

Some guidance to keeping this thread moving smoothly:
  • Do not reference or bring over social media commentary
  • Include a link AND the direct quote from inside that link when stating something as fact (posts continuing with no links will be removed)
  • Do not cast shade onto the family which are currently considered victims
  • Once you make your point in a post, move one rather than repeatedly posting your point or attempting to argue with others
May today be the day this sweet child is located.

10:30 AM Command Post update- I’ve seen several rounds of search crews moving around and out of the post to search for Summer Wells.

As of now- there are no scheduled press conferences this weekend.

E4QJ6mCXEAkmSdF.jpg E4QJ6mFXMAMEvf5.jpg E4QJ6mDXMAQUqzw.jpg

https://twitter.com/Anslee_WJHL/status/1406259896459345930

I’ve also seen several people dropping off donations. The officers around here keep talking about the outpour of support from the community and how wonderful it's been in such a tough time.

https://twitter.com/Anslee_WJHL/status/1406259899445743621

- Times are still unclear because no one checked the time - they were busy gardening or playing. Maybe if the brothers could say “I heard Summer around the time I edited my avatar/searched for cool Minecraft videos” then LE could check the game/YouTube logs. But the time fuzziness doesn’t strike me as odd or nefarious, particularly for a late summer afternoon. Temporal markers like a school bus don’t exist, mail delivery is earlier in the day, and they don’t have neighbors (ex: a neighbor who is on a strict schedule).

I'm still catching up as well but I agree, the accounts aren't really inconsistent. It's quite common in the first hours/days of a case that as more information becomes available, more details are filled in. Plus there's the usual reporter/spokesperson styles to contend with. Something happens at 6:45 and one reporter will write "just about 7pm" while another will say "shortly after 6:30". Neither actually agree, but both are actually true, as odd as that sounds. We see this kind of thing ALL the time here.

jmo

I’ve been following this thread. I can’t believe this little girl has not been located yet. So upsetting. I have a 6 year old and have tried to wonder what he would do (as far as wandering) but we live in a busier, more populated area so I can’t really imagine.

Are they searching through the weekend? I had to catch up on all the posts since last night and may have read too fast and missed if it was said.

Mod Note - Thread Opened:

TOS violations continue to occur in this thread. Warnings have been and will continue to be issued to posters in violation. Repetitive violations may result in being place on time out or banned from the thread discussion.

Key issues in this thread continue to include:
-bringing information over from social media
-posting information without a link
-casting accusations toward family members when there is no named POI/Suspect

Some guidance to keeping this thread moving smoothly:
  • Do not reference or bring over social media commentary
  • Include a link AND the direct quote from inside that link when stating something as fact (posts continuing with no links will be removed)
  • Do not cast shade onto the family which are currently considered victims
  • Once you make your point in a post, move one rather than repeatedly posting your point or attempting to argue with others
May today be the day this sweet child is located.

Are YouTube videos allowed? I'm thinking not but read through TOS and didn't see unless I missed it. I may also be thinking of the Suzanne Morphew case specifically on there only being a couple channels approved to post

If anyone would like to view

Prayer Vigil For Summer Wells

ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) — A Rogersville church opened its doors Friday evening for those wanting to pray for Summer Wells, the Hawkins County 5-year-old who has been missing since Tuesday evening.

Several community members joined in the impromptu prayer vigil, some lighting candles and others kneeling in prayer at the Rogersville First Methodist Church.

Vigil held at Rogersville church for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells

Are YouTube videos allowed? I'm thinking not but read through TOS and didn't see unless I missed it. I may also be thinking of the Suzanne Morphew case specifically on there only being a couple channels approved to post

It varies by source and content. It is recommended you use the report link in a post and alert the mod team of the You Tube in question with a link to it for review.
Thanks for asking!

From experience with so many cases something I have always noted.
Innocent people couldn't care less what the public are saying about them. Truly.
Ask them. They know the truth and are not offended by hearsay for the most part.

Guilty people however are 100% of the time offended by, and worried what everybody are saying about them.
To the point of the case becomes all about them..their rights...and how they are the victim and no focus on the ACTUAL victim.

Smoke and mirrors...word salad...look there not here....deflection from the crime and victim.

So for the reasoning above, it shouldn't really be offensive to the family of Summer outsiders whom know nothing but snippets the sensationalizing media are peddling pointing fingers in every which direction.

<modsnip>
moo
Bbm

I think it depends on the person for how they’re going to feel. In my own personal experience, due to incorrect reporting and though I was not named, hearing what people thought, assumed and accused of me was devastating. I knew the truth of course, but having been victimized already and then to see people having the wrong ideas and cast blame in the wrong place... well it really hurt and was slightly infuriating. If I had been named, I surely would have felt like those in my community would never forget their initial negative thoughts and suspicions of me.

I can’t speak to a longer lasting case like this, but I could see someone either being too caught up with worry and despair to care what others think, and ignoring it. Or I can see someone bluntly trying to clear any suspicions on themselves because it might take away some focus on what REALLY happened - and this is a dire situation where the focus ideally should be completely in the right direction.

I think it’s hard to dissect this because every person is going to be different. And every situation is different. I do have to agree that I think most guilty people are offended and worried, though I believe most people internalize it for as long as they can. If only the guilty would clearly out themselves so easily every time... and I mean all of this in general of course, not just in this case.

If anyone would like to view

Prayer Vigil For Summer Wells

ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) — A Rogersville church opened its doors Friday evening for those wanting to pray for Summer Wells, the Hawkins County 5-year-old who has been missing since Tuesday evening.

Several community members joined in the impromptu prayer vigil, some lighting candles and others kneeling in prayer at the Rogersville First Methodist Church.

Vigil held at Rogersville church for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells

I know this should be almost comforting, going along with the community caring so much for summer’s well-being, but to me it is sad. I guess just because after so many days she is still not home..

Summer, where are you?

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

It is said that Summer, “all of a sudden”, wanted to go inside. Has this already been talked about or has anyone seen an interview where this is touched on in more depth? The term “all of a sudden” makes me think it was unusual, a surprise or out of character for summer. Did a car pass by at that moment? Did Summer hear a noise that startled her? I’d love to hear from mom if she can remember the surroundings during this “all of a sudden” moment.

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

It is said that Summer, “all of a sudden”, wanted to go inside. Has this already been talked about or has anyone seen an interview where this is touched on in more depth? The term “all of a sudden” makes me think it was unusual, a surprise or out of character for summer. Did a car pass by at that moment? Did Summer hear a noise that startled her? I’d love to hear from mom if she can remember the surroundings during this “all of a sudden” moment.
Maybe she had to go to the bathroom. MOO

I'm still confused about where her 3 brothers were when she came in the house. They were on youtube or gaming but were they upstairs or downstairs? Did she enter upstairs and go downstairs alone or were her brothers down there? Were all of them together or 1 up 2 down? Was she ever alone with just one or were all together? MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces