AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the dad said he took a polygraph test but has LE mentioned this? I’ve only been able to find it from the dad. I’m just curious on how common it is to have polygraph testing availability? I guess I’m not terribly educated on the use of them. Sorry if it’s a silly question.
Dad was at work when she supposedly walked away, he is not the family member that I would want to take a lie detector test 1st.
The last adult to see her should be the one out telling what happened not someone only repeating what he was told because every time a story is retold by another person some tiny things can change and when it is retold by enough people the whole story can change without anyone trying to deceive anyone.
For example, a person can tell another person a blue car with white stripe accidentally hit a red truck and after 50 people retell it the story may be a blue truck ran a red car off the road on purpose because the driver was white.

TNAMBERAlert: The search for Summer Wells continues. As of this afternoon, authorities have received 113 tips. Please continue to share her photo and information from credible sources. Call 1-800-TBI-FIND! Click the link below for a printable poster.
E4QmPxqWUAQy3wc

https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/1406291078073008130

Does anyone have a current photo of exactly where the grandmother’s camper is located on the property?

When Summer 1st went missing, I did my usual Google Maps & street view. The trailer on Street View appears to be located in the open area, next to the shed on Beech Creek. (I apparently can’t upload screenshots because the files are too big.). There is an easement gap between the trees that leads from the open area where the camper is to the open area where the house is. All overhead views show the camper either near the home or not at all. Is it possible that this is the current location of the camper or is there a more current view that shows the camper much closer to the residence?

DW (dad) says in an interview it’s 20 feet from the house. Possible it was moved or there is more than one.

I just don’t understand what the purpose would be if he’s not a POI? Would they typically have family take one just to rule them out? I’m trying to think if I’ve seen this before where a parent takes one just to take one? Seemed odd to me.
If a family member of mine disappeared, after the 1st day with no leads I would be demanding they give me a lie detector just to prove I had nothing to do with it so that they could spend more time looking for the person and not investigating me more than they need to.

Every minute they would spend looking at me would be a minute they wasted that they could have been looking for m family member

If a family member of mine disappeared, after the 1st day with no leads I would be demanding they give me a lie detector just to prove I had nothing to do with it so that they could spend more time looking for the person and not investigating me more than they need to.

Every minute they would spend looking at me would be a minute they wasted that they could have been looking for m family member
That makes sense, I just didn’t think it’d be a readily available tool. I live in a town of 10,000 and I’d be shocked if our PD had one available.

I just don’t understand what the purpose would be if he’s not a POI? Would they typically have family take one just to rule them out? I’m trying to think if I’ve seen this before where a parent takes one just to take one? Seemed odd to me.

As the polygraph is really only an investigative tool and may not be 100%, it's a wise thing for a parent to do early on so that LE may garner some helpful information. Just the willingness to take a poly can be an indicator to LE that the party wishes to have themselves quickly eliminated as a POI so LE can move the investigation forward toward the "real" perp. If someone passes with flying colors or the results are inconclusive, they may not be totally eliminated but they won't be as high on the radar as if there were strong indicators of deception. Mark Klaas is our perfect example .. he highly recommends that parents do so and he couldn't get one fast enough to basically convince LE that he had no involvement in Polly's disappearance.

While guilty parties may in fact know how to pass a poly, the average person does not.

It's hard for me to judge or suspect the father when he's simply telling a story that was also told to him, he wasn't there. I'm also not judging the mother, I can't imagine how much harder it has been for her since she also has a missing sister.

To me, it looks like they are very simple people, for lack of a better word. The father doesn't sound like a very great communicator, which has happened in other cases. I don't really get the feeling that anyone in the family hurt Summer.

I've seen the dad speaking out, but since he wasn't there when it happened, that doesn't help my overall sense of how the family is dealing with this. Is there video yet of the mom speaking out? She's the one I really want to see and hear right now. Or the grandma. But mostly the mom.
I’m a few pages behind but this is exactly what I want too. Only because she was there when Summer disappeared.

What on earth can these “113” tips be...more likely bits of gossip, info about the family etc than anything useful. I say this once working on a tip line and can barely recall any actual tip that led to finding anyone. At best, maybe some knowledge of family that clarifies things for police...all jmo.

If in fact the little girl wandered off, who knows where she could be...we have seen toddlers found more than two miles from home after leaving on foot...

Daily weather check in: 82 degrees, mostly cloudy, humidity 50%, 30% chance of light rains. Low tonight/early morning 65, forecast is for 84 degrees as the high.

This is more uncomfortable than yesterday. The humidity is terrible.

So many posts of interest overnight to now! I need to figure out how y'all keep track of all those links. I mostly remember what was said but not where to find them. Any tips for an old lady who is tech-not.

Does anyone know if other counties are searching in their areas? I haven’t seen anything about this but considering abduction isn’t off the table, I am curious. I’m about 45 minutes away and have heard choppers all day. Maybe it’s wishful thinking and most likely unrelated but choppers this far out would only be helpful if you had a lead on a car or person. Any other semi locals hearing choppers?

So sad to read there have been no developments, as far as we know. They've searched the whole property right? Any sheds, underneath parts of the mobile homes, is there a septic tank, a well, etc? I also read earlier on that LE didn't need search warrants because everyone in the vicinity allowed searches....how far is the nearest other property anyway?
Where are you Summer?

I'm still confused about where her 3 brothers were when she came in the house. They were on youtube or gaming but were they upstairs or downstairs? Did she enter upstairs and go downstairs alone or were her brothers down there? Were all of them together or 1 up 2 down? Was she ever alone with just one or were all together? MOO

In Dad's interview he said she came in, the boys were playing and she went to her room to play with toys. Something is niggling that indicated that her room was downstaairs. I will look for it. I knew about the links rule but have not been keeping a journal of them. I have been gone a long time and at first, it seemed some of the rules about social media had been relaxed.

I'm still confused about where her 3 brothers were when she came in the house. They were on youtube or gaming but were they upstairs or downstairs? Did she enter upstairs and go downstairs alone or were her brothers down there? Were all of them together or 1 up 2 down? Was she ever alone with just one or were all together? MOO

In Dad's interview he said she came in, the boys were playing and she went to her room to play with toys. Something is niggling that indicated that her room was downstaairs. I will look for it. I knew about the links rule but have not been keeping a journal of them. I have been gone a long time and at first, it seemed some of the rules about social media had been relaxed.

What on earth can these “113” tips be...more likely bits of gossip, info about the family etc than anything useful. I say this once working on a tip line and can barely recall any actual tip that led to finding anyone. At best, maybe some knowledge of family that clarifies things for police...all jmo.

If in fact the little girl wandered off, who knows where she could be...we have seen toddlers found more than two miles from home after leaving on foot...
While it is true that almost all tips go nowhere law enforcement often says to call them anyway whether you think something is important or not. People do that. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This weekend morning, my two oldest were downstairs FaceTime-gaming their friends at 6am. I slid some food over the little ledge to breakfast nook and went upstairs to deal with rest of family and read some news. It is true that 1. I didn’t see what they were wearing; I only saw their heads due to the ledge, 2. I was chatting w online strangers (here!) instead of “never taking my eyes off” my kids, 3. I recently researched rates of decomp and methods of strangulation, 4. There’s a bottle of wine in recycling, 5. One kid has a broken arm, and 6. I texted a friend about their poor behavior last night.

If they went missing, there’s “evidence” of motive, premeditation, drinking, physical abuse, and general neglect. The research and broken arm and recycling - all that is true.

It’s also true that my kids get the best-of-the-best in health care & education at significant sacrifice to their helicopter parents who may not be perfect, but who extensively research virtually everything (summary: if it’s not a carcinogen, it’s a choking hazard) and put their kids first in everything.

Swap out my details with elements like gardening, <modsnip>, 6:30pm, and basement-or-back door and you may well have the Wells family.

I don’t know what happened to Summer. I don’t know what the mother & brothers saw. I do believe that their accounts are not necessarily inconsistent.

moo.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sad to read there have been no developments, as far as we know. They've searched the whole property right? Any sheds, underneath parts of the mobile homes, is there a septic tank, a well, etc? I also read earlier on that LE didn't need search warrants because everyone in the vicinity allowed searches....how far is the nearest other property anyway?
Where are you Summer?

From what I can tell on satellite maps the closest houses are many many acres away. Like maybe 1/2 mile to a property line. There maybe some mobile homes or camp sites closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces