AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there’s a big interest in timing but think about it. If you’re outside engaged in activities do you really pay attention to exactly what time it is? And if you have a child who plays outdoors a lot, and it has always been safe for that child (and the others) to do so, do you watch the clock every minute of playtime? You aren’t expecting the child to disappear, so close estimates are what you come up with.

It is known when the 911 call took place. The presser I heard said 6:30 PM but that may have been an estimate (and may have been clarified — the reports differ, it seems). So it’s likely that they were looking for her before the call because that’s the first thing you would do. Not for terribly long, but at least initially.

And as far as the other children, they were probably busy playing video games or engaged in other activities. They likely weren’t in charge of watching Summer. If she slipped out the door and walked away, no one expected it.

Sure, a five-year-old needs plenty of supervision, especially outdoors. But things happen quickly sometimes, things that are totally unexpected. And a child walking away from three brothers, mom, and a grandmother is definitely an unexpected event.

So the bottom line is we know very little. There are wild speculations all over the Internet and some may be accurate. But we simply don’t know. The investigative branch of law-enforcement is no doubt digging deeper into every aspect of her life and the details surrounding her disappearance. And if she slipped into the woods she might very well be OK. I sure hope that’s the case but know it isn’t a typical outcome.

We all come up with our opinions of the people involved but must keep those opinions mostly to ourselves (on WS). No crime has been declared so there’s no Person of Interest.

All my opinions only of course, and it’s 3 AM and I’m rambling. Just thinking out loud and hoping for a resolution.

I know there’s a big interest in timing but think about it. If you’re outside engaged in activities do you really pay attention to exactly what time it is? And if you have a child who plays outdoors a lot, and it has always been safe for that child (and the others) to do so, do you watch the clock every minute of playtime? You aren’t expecting the child to disappear, so close estimates are what you come up with.

It is known when the 911 call took place. The presser I heard said 6:30 PM but that may have been an estimate (and may have been clarified — the reports differ, it seems). So it’s likely that they were looking for her before the call because that’s the first thing you would do. Not for terribly long, but at least initially.

And as far as the other children, they were probably busy playing video games or engaged in other activities. They likely weren’t in charge of watching Summer. If she slipped out the door and walked away, no one expected it.

Sure, a five-year-old needs plenty of supervision, especially outdoors. But things happen quickly sometimes, things that are totally unexpected. And a child walking away from three brothers, mom, and a grandmother is definitely an unexpected event.

So the bottom line is we know very little. There are wild speculations all over the Internet and some may be accurate. But we simply don’t know. The investigative branch of law-enforcement is no doubt digging deeper into every aspect of her life and the details surrounding her disappearance. And if she slipped into the woods she might very well be OK. I sure hope that’s the case but know it isn’t a typical outcome.

We all come up with our opinions of the people involved but must keep those opinions mostly to ourselves (on WS). No crime has been declared so there’s no Person of Interest.

All my opinions only of course, and it’s 3 AM and I’m rambling. Just thinking out loud and hoping for a resolution.
If I had four kids that I was expected to prepare dinner for, I think that I would know it was about dinner time.

Praying for Summer. Were the flowers recently purchased? We have seen cases where women were followed home from stores before. Was Summer with them then? Also, school is out. Both would hint to abduction. Then the facts that she loves the outdoors, it is summertime, everything is leafed out, the woods are so much harder if you are trying to acclimate your whereabouts. Perhaps she went looking for flowers from the woods to help out? If she got disoriented, she could have gone very far, she's a kid, not a heavier or older sedate person. Keep hoping it is the second case.

The initial reports, according to the sheriff, was that the boys watched her go outside.

TBI issues endangered child alert for missing Hawkins County 5-year-old | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Sheriff Ronnie Lawson told News 5 Summer Wells' siblings were the last to see her, shortly before 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
:
Wells was seen walking away from her home on Ben Hill Road around 7 p.m.

So 911 records the emergency call at 6:30 as missisng. But we are told she was seen walking away at 7pm? How is that possible?

Praying for Summer. Were the flowers recently purchased? We have seen cases where women were followed home from stores before. Was Summer with them then? Also, school is out. Both would hint to abduction. Then the facts that she loves the outdoors, it is summertime, everything is leafed out, the woods are so much harder if you are trying to acclimate your whereabouts. Perhaps she went looking for flowers from the woods to help out? If she got disoriented, she could have gone very far, she's a kid, not a heavier or older sedate person. Keep hoping it is the second case.

They live in an extremely remote location. I think it would be impossible to follow them without being spotted. I sure could see her wandering to pick flowers tho.

All of the 'facts' surrounding her disappearance seem inconsistent.
well the "facts" are eyewitness reports. you know they aren't the most reliable. the mom didn't think she had to watch her daughter. she probably ran around all the time. and when she saw her go inside she probably thought ok shes just going inside. the brothers saw their sister walking around but got back to their internet <modsnip>. i don't blame them for not having a clear concise story. it seems they were caught off guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
beats me....we need proper facts.
If the flower planting was 20 feet away from home, maybe mom didn't even see her go back because she was focused on the flowers. If the boys saw her in the home and go downstairs.....is that not accurate then?
Looks more than 20 feet in the aerial picture, also there is vegetation blocking the view from the trailer to the house. Originally it said she watched her daughter enter the door of the house. Also it said the brothers said she went downstairs to play and when the mother went down there the outside door was open.

As far as the conflicting stories I’m wondering if it was communication error between mom / dad. I saw an interview with him in which he said that he got a panicked call from his wife.

When people panic they don’t make a lot of sense and sequential order doesn’t always come about easily. <modsnip> I’m not putting much weight in it. If the stories are changing in a way that is suspect LE will hone in on that quick. TBI just dealt with the Boswells. They know a lot about what changing stories looks like. :(
I read that when mum realised Summer was gone she phoned the father and he told her to hang up and dial -911

Looking at pictures of the yard, I dont see where they could have been planting flowers.

Besides that, if mom and grandma were right there , 2o feet away from Summers destination, how did she disappear without them seeing what happened?

And why was the original story so different from this new one?
Isn't grandma's trailer area surrounded by shrubbery ?

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out
Donald Wells: “I was at work, but from what my wife has told me, her, and her mother, and Summer were planting flowers by her grandma's trailer, which is about 20 feet from the house. Real close to the house. Summer, all of a sudden, said Mom I want to go in the house. So she said, fine.”

So she wasn't actually outside of her house but her mom's mom's house ( the grandmother)? Does the grandmother live with anyone? Did Summer mean to go into Grandmothers house? IMO
I thought it was his mother whose property they live in.

My thoughts exactly. Well-said!!

when i was young i would get timelines jumbled and not remember things linearly. <modsnip>. they probably never thought this would happen. summer seems adventurous and precocious. she seems like shes a free spirit so they may be used to her running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members