TN TN - Zaylee Fryar, 4 mos, Millersville, 1 May 2011 - Mother deceased

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing Baby's House Searched As Neighbors Watch
No Signs Of 4-Month-Old After Mom Found Dead
POSTED: 3:24 pm CDT May 16, 2011
UPDATED: 6:36 pm CDT May 16, 2011

- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents had an audience of curious onlookers in Millersville on Monday while searching the last place they'd been told 4-month-old Zaylee Fryar and her mother, Shauna, were seen.

- Police said what does appear unusual is the fact that Fryar left home without her car, cellphone, purse and Zaylee's diaper bag. Zaylee is not Michael's biological daughter.

On Monday, TBI agents were examining the door of the trailer home and taking pictures outside.

Over the weekend, neighbors said, police were also using canine dogs to search nearby Slater Creek for any clues about the missing child.

- TBI agents wouldn't say if they found anything at the trailer Monday.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27913674/detail.html

Search continues for missing infant
Posted: May 16, 2011 10:28 PM EDT

On Monday, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's mobile lab, along side Metro's canine team searched a wooded area and creek near the Millersville home.

TBI spokesperson Kristin Helm told Nashville's News 2 investigators are leaving no stone unturned in their effort to find the missing child.

A candle light vigil is scheduled to be held on Wednesday for the infant at the Deeper Praise Outreach Ministry located on 18th Avenue.

The vigil will begin at 8 p.m.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14657338/search-continues-for-missing-infant

Friends Think Missing Baby With Family Members
4-Month-Old Zaylee Fryar Last Seen May 1
POSTED: 3:10 pm CDT May 18, 2011
UPDATED: 6:07 pm CDT May 18, 2011

Family members and strangers have been questioned about the missing child and her dead mother. Police said time is the enemy, the longer Zaylee is missing, but those who love her cling to hope.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27941455/detail.html

I'm just going to throw it out there... what if this is a case where a woman seen Shauna with Zaylee (love the name!!) and she was desperate for a baby and took Zaylee and murdered Shauna? It has happened numerous times and I just have a hard time believing she would take this baby with her, instead of leaving her with the husband, to buy drugs? I know drug habits make people do really irresponsible things, but from everything I have read... she loved Zaylee and was trying to get her life together?

I just think we need to keep hope for Zaylee and pray that she is with someone who is taking care of her... and hopefully there will be more media in this case to put pressure on whoever has her. I really hope it isn't another Shaniya case.

I'm just going to throw it out there... what if this is a case where a woman seen Shauna with Zaylee (love the name!!) and she was desperate for a baby and took Zaylee and murdered Shauna? It has happened numerous times and I just have a hard time believing she would take this baby with her, instead of leaving her with the husband, to buy drugs? I know drug habits make people do really irresponsible things, but from everything I have read... she loved Zaylee and was trying to get her life together?

I just think we need to keep hope for Zaylee and pray that she is with someone who is taking care of her... and hopefully there will be more media in this case to put pressure on whoever has her. I really hope it isn't another Shaniya case.

I love Zaylee's name too! And she is just as cute as a button. I so hope she is alive and being cared for.

I think the scenario you mention is possible. Those types of cases do occur. I hope the media will keep up with this case and will keep Zaylee's precious face out there for everyone to see. Someone must know where this sweet baby is.

Memorial Service Held For Mom Found In River
Shauna Fryar's 4-Month-Old Daughter Still Missing
POSTED: 1:59 pm CDT May 19, 2011
UPDATED: 4:29 pm CDT May 19, 2011

27860510_640X480.jpg

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27954318/detail.html

A number of news reports came out on the 20th, but they are all the same, with no new info, and based on this media release from the TBI:

MAY 20, 2011

TBI OFFERS REWARD MONEY FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO CAUSE OF MOTHER’S DEATH AND INFANT’S WHEREABOUTS

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation today is offering a $1,000 reward for anyone who has information relevant to the death of 28-year-old Shauna Fryar and/or information as to the whereabouts of her 4-month-old daughter Zaylee Fryar.

Fryar’s husband last saw Shauna and Zaylee Fryar the morning of Sunday May 1, 2011 at their home in Millersville. On Saturday May 7, 2011, Shauna Fryar's body was recovered from the Cumberland River near the Shelby Street Bridge in Nashville. The cause of her death remains undetermined. Law enforcement has been told that Fryar has a history of drug addiction. Zaylee's whereabouts are still unknown.

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/documents/TBIOffersReward.pdf

Missing baby's mom led trouble-filled life, but girl was her 'everything'
2:58 AM, May. 26, 2011

Zaylee Grace Fryar was born five months ago to a mother with a long history of drug addiction and abusive boyfriends.

In Zaylee’s first days of life, her mom was beaten by Zaylee’s biological father, police said.

The mother and daughter were homeless, couch-surfing from her great-grandparents’ house to a motel room to a $135-a-week trailer home in Millersville.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...uble-filled-life-but-girl-was-her-everything-

Sweet Zaylee...I haven't forgotten you. Wish we knew what was being done to find you. My hopes are that someone has you and is taking care of you until you can be located and returned to your family. I will continue to pray for you, and I will think of you often.

could the bio dad have organized anything from jail???? bump of mum and the child given to family/friend. I really really hope so, though I hate to say that I think this poor little girl has become another victim of mums life.

This case has angered me so much and I put off posting for awhile but now I just have to explode.

The news articles are saying "baby girl was her everything".....but this 28 year old woman had SEVEN other children who very obviously were not her anything as she was charged with child neglect a couple of times.

And yet she goes on to have another child to another man. Time for governments to do something about these extreme cases like this, wwaaaayyyyy too many innocent children are being bought in this world to lead such horrible lives or maybe like this, short lives.
I say mandatory adoption at birth when you cant look after the first couple. There are thousands of people who would love to give these babies a beautiful life.

rant over

What an incredibly sad life and death! It sounds like Shauna had her first baby at 16 or 17 and was on her eighth. Add to that drugs and abuse (I'd bet anything she grew up in an abusive home) and it makes you think this poor girl didn't have a chance.

In my rich fantasy life, I hope someone took that baby and is giving her a loving home.

For some reason, I just don't suspect the not-quite-ex husband. He seems like he was trying to take some sort of care of her even if she didn't herself.

A lot of times relatives and spouses of drug addicts don't report them missing for days to give them a chance to come home. They don't want their loved ones in trouble with the police, even if it might be the thing they need to straighten them out.

FWIW, I have 2 Theories on this case:

1. Mom went to look for drugs. Drug deal went bad. Mom was killed, baby taken in hopes of trafficking her to make some $.

2. Fryar goes to the store, and comes home to an empty house, but many personal belongings are still there. Fryar's husband waited 4 days to report her missing. Seems pretty incriminating to me. Didn't Fryar wonder WTH they were? I guess if she did have a history of being absent this changes things a little. But, he was helping her because he knew she had nowhere else to go, so, surely he must have wondered about her absence. TOD will indicate if the story lines up, I guess.

Question:

Fryar says he "thinks" that Shauna had fed Zaylee right before she left to go to the store/buy drugs. If so, would LE be able to determine in a lab test on the Baby's Bottle, how long the milk had been out of the fridge? The bottle should show bacteria growth or whatever, for a set length of time. I wonder if that might show something for the timeline?

BBM I have dealt with a serious crack addict. She was a single mother to a 9yr old girl with nowhere to go. I had met her when she dated a friend of my husband's from his HS days. They didn't work out. Toxic relationship. Ever now and then I would bump into her. Couple of times a year maybe. I knew there were issues but didn't know how bad.

One day she and daughter show up at our doorstep with absolutely nowhere to go. All bridges burned at that point. We took her in, supposed to be for two weeks while her rental place was being prepared. She was no longer welcome where she and daughter had been staying.

It quickly became apparent that her issues with crack were very serious. She would take off to go to the corner gas station, leaving us in charge of her daughter, and disappear for days on end. at first there would be a phone call. "I bumped into someone I haven't seen in ages, we went out for drinks too drunk to come home" etc etc. "I will be home tomorrow" and so forth. Eventually it progressed to her being MIA with No phone calls - nothing. after a day or two I couldn't sleep. Was she dead in a ditch? On a crack binge? What do I do? Just about the time I would be trying to decide if I should call cops and DCFS and just turn over the daughter to them, she would come rolling in, exhausted, sleep for a day or two and then be all apologetic.

The two weeks turned into six months as the rental didn't work out, the various jobs wouldn't last. etc. etc. The last time she took off on a binge we packed all her stuff up and got it ready to leave. When she returned we took her aside and told her she had to go. NOW.

I will never forget that time period. I could never wrap my head around how a mother could just dump her child off on someone and disappear like that without a call, nothing, for days. But it happens.

Having lived the above, I can totally see why her ex/roommate did not raise an alarm for several days. He knew she was trying to get herself together and be a real parent this time. He didn't want to mess up her shot at being an actual mother this time around if she had just temporarily relapsed.

I totally get it. you would think, if you are familiar with me and my viewpoints, that I would have called DCFS the very first time the woman I spoke of pulled a disappearing act. I am ashamed that I did not. I should have. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. By the time we had her leave I knew the severity of the problem. But I could not bring myself to involve authorities. As to the young woman I experienced, she and her daughter moved back in with her ex, the daughter's father, and then bounced around for a while. Then she gave him custody of the daughter for a while and moved out of state. She has a new child now and returned to our state. I haven't heard form her in several years. I think of her occasionally. When last we spoke she seemed to be doing okay. I hope that is still true today.

Drug addicts will relapse and relapse and relapse. It is the nature of the beast. Maybe Zaylee's mother did. Maybe she didn't.

I can only hope and pray she dropped this child somewhere with a friend or acquaintance and that the child is safe. As each day passes with no word, the chances of that being the case grow slimmer.

Praying for this beautiful little baby. Hoping that she is alive and thriving somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back