Today is the day (10/14/08) the Grand Jury Meets! # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More Answers And Updates
October 14, 2008 - No Responses
/ We are being told the media will be in the courtroom for the reading of the indictment. I’m told if she is in custody, her name and the charges are read. If not, it is sealed, but we can learn the charges. Again, any lawyers out there? Comment to correct.

/ She can get the death penalty, if convicted of a crime like murder and the penalty is available for a jury.

/ Jose Baez said he has notified prosecutors that Casey Anthony would surrender to them, if indicted. It is not clear to us that the prosecution or Orange County Sheriff’s Office has agreed. Casey is scheduled, we’re told, to return to her house by 4 p.m.

/ Someone earlier asked if grand jury transcripts really would be available during discovery. We said yes, but, again, please weigh in, lawyers out there.

Hmmmm...lemme think...how long does it take for 12 people to say, "Yes, True Bill"?! So I give them about 15 minutes. ;)

Yeah but you know it just takes one person to say "well we all agree, but maybe we should go over everything one more time..." I had a person like that on the jury I was on.
COME ON GJ!!!

Listening to Baez's pressor and I would wonder one thing. Does Lamar have friends in the bar? If he does, I hope Baez gets his. That type of blatant attack is beyond the pale.

TOTALLY AGREE! I haven't even heard of Lamar's name until today - granted I don't live in FL. However, this is NOTHING like the Duke case where the DA was in front of the public everyday making accusations. The MEDIA can report on anything it wants, as long as its true. The state attorneys have very, very little control -

JBs nonsense could really hurt a lawyers career, I doubt anyone will take this lying down. Also, if lawyers want to get political, they usually run for political office outside of the DA -> that way it doesn't interfere with your ethical duties as a lawyer (see, Guiliani in NY, basically all of the Senate, etc.) :rolleyes:

I sure hope this inditement is handed down and we hear something soon, I am sitting on nails, and need to pick up my son at 4:30 this afternoon from Jr. ROTC, (future Marine Mom here) Wow, this is all just mind blowing how I can be so excited about something so heinous..
God Bless little Caylee, justice will come for her, today, I hope will be the beginning of that justice!
By the way, not sure how the rest of you feel, but with so many swinging doors on the OCSD, I want to see her purp walk...I know it will be the last!:)

Impossible to stay logged in....and WESH freezes up my finicky imac....woe is me!!

/ We are being told the media will be in the courtroom for the reading of the indictment. I’m told if she is in custody, her name and the charges are read. If not, it is sealed, but we can learn the charges. Again, any lawyers out there? Comment to correct.

/ She can get the death penalty, if convicted of a crime like murder and the penalty is available for a jury.

/ Jose Baez said he has notified prosecutors that Casey Anthony would surrender to them, if indicted. It is not clear to us that the prosecution or Orange County Sheriff’s Office has agreed. Casey is scheduled, we’re told, to return to her house by 4 p.m.

/ Someone earlier asked if grand jury transcripts really would be available during discovery. We said yes, but, again, please weigh in, lawyers out there.

http://www.wesh.com/breakingnews/index.html

Those transcripts will be available during regular discovery, save some shocking judicial pronouncement and nothing about this case shocks me anymore.

The findings of the GJ should remain secret although if and when Casey is hauled off in custody and read her rights.....that will be a HUGE clue as to their findings. :detective: Now I could be wrong, but I am not seeing anything in the Florida statutes which would permit this .pre-arrest publicity

About the transcripts---the reason it is a bare bones presentation by the prosecution is not only because the threshold to get the indictment is so easily reached. It is also because there are fewer opportunities for defense counsel to find inconsistencies between the GJ minutes and the testimony from the former GJ witness at the actual criminal trial...:blowkiss:

Anyone know what time of day Caylee was born?

I thought of that too, but it's never been found, IIRC. In the first "house tour" interview that Cindy gave, she referred to a picture of Caylee's birth annoucement (wish I had a photo of that), and mentioned she was born "Monday night or Tuesday morning" (?)

I was wondering if George wasn't making a mistaken reference to the famous 11:11 wishes that a lot of younger people make at 11:11 am and pm. Except maybe he misunderstood and said 11 AND 11?

Myst~ You could be onto something there. It would make so much sense!

I would love to see Yuri, Allen, and Savage first take Casey into custody and to do her "perp walk" (they earned it)...then turn around and repeat with CA. And one more time with LA.

I sure hope you two are right. But I have a sense that the other(s) might be charged later. Gotta have a murder indictment first....

Turbo? Any ideas?

I really hope they don't give Casey the chance to turn herself in. I want a show, damnit!

Am I the only one who could see GA "doing something" to himself at 11pm? He testified at @11 am. Just this crazy thought I've been having since he said that.

Maybe he just wanted everyone saying prayers at the same time.
But I was wondering if there was a significance too.
Good thing his gun was confiscated (still wondering who called in that tip).
He looked haunted and torn apart when he both made that statement and when he left after testifying and was standing next to NeJame. Of all of them, I think he is the one torn apart.

Am I the only one who could see GA "doing something" to himself at 11pm? He testified at @11 am. Just this crazy thought I've been having since he said that.
He got off the stand at 10:40am. I don't see him announcing his plans for a suicide to the world with MN standing there. I think it means something else.

But no...you aren't crazy as it crossed my mind, too.

They don't present all of the evidence they have at a grand jury, just enough to show probable cause for an indictment.

No they don't have to call all their witnesses for the GJ. But they do want to call as many wits as they can who can provide clear evidence of the crime. Who notified LE? Who first mentioned the words- missing child, smells like a dead body, who first connected KC to it all? And she is not testifying to the GJ? Just saying, it looks suspicious.

Who picked up the computer? Who was allegedly closest in the family to KC? Who had private conversation with KC on the day of the call? Just sayin.

I THIRD your "How dare HE!!!" My father is a disabled Veteran and it makes me sick that Jose uses this line of defense for a murderer. My father suffers every minute of every day for the Caylee's of the world not the Casey's!

It made me so MAD:furious:, I will be thrilled when that piece of $&*! is sitting in jail forever.

God, I can't even type I am so mad:mad:

So sorry about your Dad, LLLL. I thank him for his service!
I hear you on this one! My Dad and all four of my brothers served in the military. Marines, Navy, Army, and Air Force! I have 2 members of my family in the military right now - Army and Air Force. I just wrote an angry email to Baez. Probably won't read it, but I just HAD TO!

I will also be very happy when Casey is indited and Jose' has to step aside for another lawyer to be lead counsel! May it be a no nonsense female lawyer!

The forums are moving slow so hopefully this hasn't already been posted.

http://www.local6.com/video/17712546/index.html

WATCH LIVE: Grand Jury To Make Public Statement After Deliberations - No Time Set

Link not yet active...

-----------

BAEZ BOOTS WFTV: See Images | Watch Raw Video

(corrected links, sorry!)

Images: http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/17713367/detail.html
Video: http://www.wftv.com/video/17713424/index.html

**Video took me several tries to get running; when it did finally run I could hear no audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!