Tony Padilla part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure if the clause about not doing a book deal was in TP's agreement he must have laughed to himself at the time. What a joke. Who would think to put that into an agreement and leave out a key issue that they cannot repeat anything they learn while in her company about the case. The focus seems to be we don't want you to do movie or TV deals. That is what I see as strange.

Dammit, Jim! I am a Bail Bondsman...not an Author! LOL (Sorry..my geek side came out for a second.)

I do think he was kidding a bit about the book, too. I wouldn't mind seeing him write one from his perspective. If I wrote one from mine, it wouldn't resemble the same book at all! I get the feeling he would write a kinder and more respectful book than I could ever write about the A fam.

Tony is a guest on WS and not like one of our regular members. He didn't come here to "sleuth" anything. He noticed how many of us (myself included) were flipping out about Casey being bailed out of jail. He came here to help explain their position. He did a great job of it, imo. We took the time to listen to him and reason it out. It wasn't long before we understood the point of him doing his job and for LP to be in the mix.

It is a treat he would even stop by to fill us in on what is going on with this document fiasco. I appreciate him remembering us and taking time out to come here. He certainly did not have any reason to do this other than out of the kindness of his heart and knowing we are all very interested in what he has to say about it. Thanks, Tony! :blowkiss:

Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone
BBM
I'm curious as to why it would be okay with most people (going by the support he received in this thread when he mentioned the possibility of writing one) for TP to write a book? In the past, on this forum, whenever it has been suggested that anybody is thinking of or going to write a book or make a movie about or around Caylee's case posters have spoken out with venom filled words against anybody who would even think of profitting from the case.

Sorry the quote feature wouldn't work properly for me on this...but I feel exactly the same way as you WBG. I was on the thread the other night when TP stated his intentions of writing a book, and saw all of the enthusiastic encouragement by some posters, and wondered if it had been LP stating he was going to write a book, what kind of uproar would there have been? I mean no disrespect to any posters who would buy TP's book, but I personally would not. From what he has stated, he really has no personal knowledge of anything directly coming from KC, other than his (misguided) impressions of her as being a respectful young lady. hmmmmm.

Why wouldl there be an uproar if LP wrote a book?

I'd read it. I'd take a few things with a grain of salt, because LP can spin a tale.

I'd love to know more about bounty hunting, day-to-day. I'd love to know the thinking process and planning that goes into a case. I'd love to know how the tracking works.

All I know about BH is Dog and Andrew Luster.

All I know about BB is going with a ff when she bailed out her bf.

I'd love to hear about the interactions among the players.

Why would everything about solving this crime have to be about KC bombshells?

That's fine if you woudn't want to read the book.

I posted that I wouldn't read any book CA wrote. Others posted that they would.

Individual choice.

I'm sure if the clause about not doing a book deal was in TP's agreement he must have laughed to himself at the time. What a joke. Who would think to put that into an agreement and leave out a key issue that they cannot repeat anything they learn while in her company about the case. The focus seems to be we don't want you to do movie or TV deals. That is what I see as strange.

Maybe because the guy who wants the movie and book deals wrote the agreement?

NO WAY JOSE!!! Oh, wait Brini.....what a great tile for his book!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Now that my sinuses have had a nice coffee enema.......

Yes, he told us that his initial response to KC was that she was nice and respectful. That the A's are good people in a very difficult situtation. That LP stretches the truth and loves the camera . (who knew? lol) That JB is not trustworthy, his word is not his bond. That Tracy has some damaging things to say about KC, but no smoking gun information. The he is angry about the misleading document and the SA is aware of his claims that he did not sign that document. He jokes about writing a book. He was threatened with arrest for stepping on the rules of the FL Bailbond Association and FL law which regulates the FL bond industry but it all worked out in the end.

I would prefer that he not go on TV to announce the fact that he did not sign the document. This is for one of the SA's to handle, not him. One of them got robbed of the opportunity to rip out a vein and that just isn't fair. Lawyers need to have fun too.

I THOUGHT I heard some lawyers filing their teeth!:eek:

I would prefer that he not go on TV to announce the fact that he did not sign the document. This is for one of the SA's to handle, not him. One of them got robbed of the opportunity to rip out a vein and that just isn't fair. Lawyers need to have fun too.

Snipped

I think the judge said at the hearing on 8/21/09 that the "privacy agreement" was a civil matter and had nothing to do with him. So I would guess the judge was saying there is nothing in this agreement that pertains to the criminal trial. If the doc is legit then it sounds like it will be a dead issue. If the doc has been altered as TP believes, he then has issues with JB. And it WAS JB who insisted on talking to the media first about this agreement. So TP has the right to speak freely about this agreement if he feels he did not sign it. And if TP wants to take out a full page ad in the paper he has that right if he knows the document is not what he signed. At this point, signatures on a separate page w/TP's signature line at the top of the page....JB can't prove he did either. But I think SA can take care of themselves and who is to say whether or not he asked them before appearing on the Today show. JMO

Sorry for the repeat. I posted this in the other thread.

I was just curious if TP believes/knows/speculates that the SA's office has irrefutable evidence that KC is Caylee's murderer...By that, I mean a smoking gun.

Thanks for coming by and taking the time to answer all of our questions. Sincerely.

I would never buy TP's book if he wrote one. It sounds ridiculous. Just my opinion.

Since TP said he was kidding about writing the book you will probably hear from him after the trial back on this site and he may share some of his info with us. None of the bondsman in FL would bond KC out so they stepped up to the plate. We cannot judge them for that because they were doing their job. TP said they fully expected to find the child, you can't blame them for that either. With all the people TP has probably bailed out I am sure when they took this case it was not the best, worst or the most unique case they have ever handled. I think TP established he is not writing a book and if he truly is telling the truth about the A's and how he cares for them, I do not see him hurting them. So, if TP were to put up a thread after the trial that was Q&A would you all participate. You can bet your "bippie" on that one.
JMO.

Since TP said he was kidding about writing the book you will probably hear from him after the trial back on this site and he may share some of his info with us. None of the bondsman in FL would bond KC out so they stepped up to the plate. We cannot judge them for that because they were doing their job. TP said they fully expected to find the child, you can't blame them for that either. With all the people TP has probably bailed out I am sure when they took this case it was not the best, worst or the most unique case they have ever handled. I think TP established he is not writing a book and if he truly is telling the truth about the A's and how he cares for them, I do not see him hurting them. So, if TP were to put up a thread after the trial that was Q&A would you all participate. You can bet your "bippie" on that one.
JMO.

I'm not sure why whether or not he, LP, or any player writes a book is a problem, anyway.

We read true crime books all the time. We watch NG and Greta.

I wouldn't read CA's, because she lies, and she's covering for the killer.

That being said.. one is free to buy any book, or not.

Clearly, if TP's goal was JUST to make a profit, he would have accepted more of the invitations extended by TV shows.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about, in summary.

With respect.

JMO.

I have to issue the following disclaimer before I post my thoughts......I am terribly behind, and have not read every post in the TP Q&A threads, so illuminate me if I go off the beaten path.

Has it been determined that TP was only kidding about writing a book? Or was he simply walking back his statement after the backlash on the threads? I am truly wondering, b/c again, I am confused about his postings.

If he indeed wants to write a book about his experience about this case and/or his other cases, so what. But, I would then wonder--- why that choice or approach of someone involved in this case, would be more palatable to him, or anyone for that matter, than LP and his more verbose, frequent, and controversial appearances on TV. Sauce for the gander?

Understand, I just want to find out where the "line" is here. Is it moveable based on how someone is involved in this case, and how they have chosen to take the quieter approach?

I have to issue the following disclaimer before I post my thoughts......I am terribly behind, and have not read every post in the TP Q&A threads, so illuminate me if I go off the beaten path.

Has it been determined that TP was only kidding about writing a book? Or was he simply walking back his statement after the backlash on the threads? I am truly wondering, b/c again, I am confused about his postings.

If he indeed wants to write a book about his experience about this case and/or his other cases, so what. But, I would then wonder--- why that choice or approach of someone involved in this case, would be more palatable to him, or anyone for that matter, than LP and his more verbose, frequent, and controversial appearances on TV. Sauce for the gander?

Understand, I just want to find out where the "line" is here. Is it moveable based on how someone is involved in this case, and how they have chosen to take the quieter approach?

JMHO, he's played with the idea. He may have been kidding, or maybe he hasn't made up his mind.

I'd like to see the "demarcation line," too.

Otherwise, NG and Greta would be out, as well.

This is submitted with total respect, BTW.

Now that we know that there was some consideration of a book, I am curious to find out if the alluding to investigating information on other parties has anything to do with potential direction/content.

Tony's main consideration in writing a book was so someone in this entire God forsaken case could offer up something TRUE! A little truth would certainly be a welcome addition, at least to me it would...drowning in this sea of lies and "mistruths" and "misdeeds" and "misconceptions...:bang:

I don't understand what all thehoopla is about either. TP has not been on every TV show giving interveiws and if he was trying to make a finacial gain off of Caylee per say I would think he would have done all the interveiws he was asked to do and I think he has done about 3 iirc. I also like LP and find no fault with him being on all the places he has been talking about this case.. Anyway, the main reason I am posting right now that there are some posters (one being no rose colored glasses) at a different site that are posting screen caps of all these posts and posting it as fact that TP is writing a book on that sight.. I just do not want to run TP or anyone off from this wonderful board but I also do not want to be any part of passing along untrue info...so maybe we should all remember to state that these are opinions as we understand it and not fact from the horses mouth.. JMO

Hope this post made sense and I am not doing anything wrong by putting this info on here..I just wanted all to know that others are reading it too...Again jmo...sweets

Please understand that I have no quarrel w/ how TP has conducted himself. I also don't care if he chooses to write a book about the case. I only wonder why that would be ok for him to do, but not ok for LP to make his appearances. Both would profit. The timing of it (after the trial, before the trial) makes no difference to me---one would choose to keep a lower profile and then write a book, the other chooses to be front and center, and loud and bombastic. Either way, their lives are not the same and won't be for this experience, and how they parlay that (or not) may be different. But, I am responding to TP's vented frustration w/ LP and how he has put himself in the media glare and wonder why that is so wrong, and if TP does choose to write a book, that would be seen as okay by TP himself and others. JMO

Please understand that I have no quarrel w/ how TP has conducted himself. I also don't care if he chooses to write a book about the case. I only wonder why that would be ok for him to do, but not ok for LP to make his appearances. Both would profit. The timing of it (after the trial, before the trial) makes no difference to me---one would choose to keep a lower profile and then write a book, the other chooses to be front and center, and loud and bombastic. Either way, their lives are not the same and won't be for this experience, and how they parlay that (or not) may be different. But, I am responding to TP's vented frustration w/ LP and how he has put himself in the media glare and wonder why that is so wrong, and if TP does choose to write a book, that would be seen as okay by TP himself and others. JMO

First of all, he hasn't stated definitively that he plans to write a book.

Secondly,... I love LP, but he sometimes makes statements (maybe just surmises) that are taken as fact, and cause problems.

TL has indicted that he would intend to stick to the facts-- not wild theories or distortions.

I hope he's not considering writing a book (at this juncture--before the trial). And I wished he'd never "joked" about it.

Why? Because it makes his potential testimony at the trial appear to be prejudiced. Don't you remember all those good witnesses they had in the O.J. trial who simply gave one paid interview (or two) before the trial and therefore they weren't even called as a State's witness/es? [One witness allegedly saw O.J. in the white bronco speeding away from the crime and almost hit their car at an intersection! The State did not call the witness because of the paid interviews this witness gave before trial.] Of course, the State can still call the witness but the defense would make mincemeat of a witness who has said before that they were considering writing a book. While it may be a book of "gospel truths", it still appears to color the witnesses testimony. You know the "appearance of a prejudice" is just as bad as "having a prejudice".

And, for the record, the defense will have a field day with RMorales because he allegedly gave all those interviews to the news tabloids (allegedly for $$$).

I'm gonna get sassy and say, "Mark my words" on this issue. If TP takes the stand, and if anyone from the defense, even tangentially, finds out that TP even joked about writing a book, it will be a cause for grilling. If TP ends up having anything interesting to testify to (regarding something Casey allegedly said or did) then once the defense questions him they will put it in the jurors' minds that he is only testifying the way he is because he wants to put it in a book afterwards and has a personal interest in Casey being found guilty.

There is a reason you are told not to talk about your testimony and not to give interviews (especially PAID interviews).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes